Windows 10: Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10

Discus and support Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2, is a fairly stable release with nifty improvements but it’s far from perfect and new bugs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 23, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10

Windows 10 October 2020 Update, also known as version 20H2, is a fairly stable release with nifty improvements but it’s far from perfect and new bugs are now hitting some users after recent patches.

A number of issues have arisen with the Windows 10 October 2020 Update (version 20H2) and Microsoft has already confirmed that it’s investigating at least one new bug in the operating system.

In October, Microsoft confirmed that it’s investigating issues with audio drivers in the Windows 10 version 20H2, and now reports have come through from users experiencing problems with Windows Update (Settings app) and multitasking after applying recent updates.

Unresponsive Settings app

In Windows 10 version 20H2, Windows Update page might get stuck at ‘Checking for updates’ screen and Windows will urge you to restart the system to finish the installation of cumulative updates. On the next reboot, Windows will again ask you to restart the PC and you’ll have two options –

• Update and Shutdown
    • Update and Restart

Users described the problem as an absolute ‘nightmare’ and it looks like the issue is still not fixed in November 2020 cumulative updates. Based on the reports, the issue appears to stem from Microsoft Edge and it can be fixed if you launch the new browser after applying updates.

If your Settings app freezes or Windows Update gets stuck at ‘Checking for updates’, launching Microsoft Edge with/without administrator privilege will help.

Alt-Tab app switcher is broken

Microsoft is also investigating an issue where Alt-Tab multitasking feature will open the wrong window.

For example, if three windows are open – Notepad, Calculator and your browser – and you try to switch to the second window ‘Calculator’ using Alt-Tab, Windows 10 will incorrectly open Notepad or the browser.

Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10 Windows-Alt-Tab.jpg

Testers first flagged the problem in September, but it somehow slipped into the production builds of Windows 10.

Based on reports and our own testing, Alt-Tab is currently bugged in Windows 10 20H2 for several users and there’s no way to make it work even if you disable the new Alt-Tab experience.

In the changelog of Build 20231 for Insiders, Microsoft confirmed that it has resolved an issue that could result in unexpected issues when managing open windows using Alt-Tab.

The tech giant says it’s still working on a fix for Windows 10 version 20H2 and there’s no “ETA” at the moment.

“No ETA right now – we’re working through the release schedule,” the tech giant noted.

TRIM issue

A bug in Windows 10 version 20H2/2004 will still attempt to run TRIM command on unsupported hard drives and generate errors in the Event Viewer.

A TRIM command allows an operating system (Windows 10) to inform an SSD drive which blocks of data are inactive and can be wiped.

This command works with SSD drives only, but thanks to this long-standing bug, Windows 10 will attempt to run TRIM command on your hard drives in its scheduled scan and the process will fail.

As a result, you might notice errors in Event Viewer when you set up a custom filter for ‘defrag’ operations. Since Windows is unable to execute the TRIM command on unsupported hardware, you can safely ignore the errors.

The post Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Watching DVD Movies on Windows 10 (or not)

I doubt a huge deal to most, but I hate it when they do that! *Shadedshun :shadedshu:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/25/t...h/watching-dvd-movies-on-windows-10.html?_r=0

Sasqui, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10

New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10

1. Watch out for these new annoying bugs in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Watch annoying bugs

2. Windows 10 bugging out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 bugging out: So I've frequently been switching between windows 10 and linux to see which is the better of the two for my pc but both of them are subpar, linux gaming is possible until you hit anti cheat and headphones bug out, while for windows gaming is fine until windows decides to just...
  3. Windows bugs out when watching YouTube and Playing Minecraft sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows bugs out when watching YouTube and Playing Minecraft sometimes: Hello, I've been experiencing this issue that I can't find anywhere, My computer just randomly breaks and cuts all audio, and some applications refuse to load but others work to some extent. I've tried to look for errors to no avail, and when I check usage it has 0% on...
  4. Windows bugs out when watching YouTube and Playing Minecraft sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows bugs out when watching YouTube and Playing Minecraft sometimes: Hello, I've been experiencing this issue that I can't find anywhere, My computer just randomly breaks and cuts all audio, and some applications refuse to load but others work to some extent. I've tried to look for errors to no avail, and when I check usage it has 0% on...
  5. Windows bugs out when watching YouTube and Playing Minecraft sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. really annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    really annoying bug: [ATTACH] So I've been using Win10 for about a year now and lately there's been this really annoying bug where on google pages, anywhere I click results in the little insertion line showing up. I can't find any information on this, and I wanna know if there's a fix for it....
  7. annoying explorer bug

annoying explorer bug: Hello. Every time I run my PC (OR almost every time I run it) I have to manually kill explorer.exe and run it again via application manager. If I don't I can't open any Windows tab (like this computer) I can't open folders etc. It's getting annoying and I don't know what to...
  8. Annoying desktop bug!

Annoying desktop bug!: Just updated to 20H2 yesterday after being on 1909 for months. Now I usually tolerate with minor bugs but this one is frustrating annoying. If you guys have a second monitor like me, you would have a second desktop. Now when I have a file or shortcut, right click > Sort By >...
  9. Annoying bug

Annoying bug: Hello kind friends of Reddit, hope everyone is safe and healthy. I am here to ask for your help. I am coming across a bug where when I start my pc I can open applications and everything is perfect. But after around 5-10 minutes, all services begin to stop. To expand, I mean...
  10. Annoying bug in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Annoying bug in Windows 10: I made a shortcut key for Snipping Tool and it won't change to anything else. I first made it the . on my number pad. Now I've changed it to F1 (Yes I did click apply). Now it says that the shortcut key is F1 but Snipping Tool won't open when I press F1. It still opens with...