Windows 10: Watchdog Error and repeating blue screens. Mouse and Keyboard do not work when trying to...

Discus and support Watchdog Error and repeating blue screens. Mouse and Keyboard do not work when trying to... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, On my most recent boot attempt normal day I received a DPC_Watchdog_Violation time out blue screen error code. The PC is a custom built tower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukeTraverso, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Watchdog Error and repeating blue screens. Mouse and Keyboard do not work when trying to...

Hello,

On my most recent boot attempt normal day I received a DPC_Watchdog_Violation time out blue screen error code. The PC is a custom built tower whose components are listed at the end of the question.

I tried rebooting, as well as shutting off PC, waiting a day and coming back and the same issue arose.

I first tried to restore windows using my existing windows 10 download media tool via USB.

My mouse and keyboard work in bios and I can change settings/select the USB as the main boot option fine.

When I get to the 1st screen of the windows restore though asking me to select a language suddenly my mouse and keyboard no longer work.

This is an issue as I cannot then select anything to begin the restore, and every time I try to reboot, I end up in a cycle of blue screens or the inability to navigate anywhere.

I have already tried changing and using all of the USB ports available on the computer and tried unplugging everything else except for the mouse and keyboard from the USB ports.

I then tried booting off of my Linux ubuntu USB and it worked fine and I could see the files in my three drives Hardware is all functioning . M.2 with O.S., SSD with other files, and HDD with other files.

I thought possibly that windows was corrupted and the M.2. OS was preventing the restore from accessing USB so I reformatted the M.2 drive with the O.S. to ntfs in ubuntu. I also recreated the windows media tool thinking that the 1st one I keep handy may have been corrupted. I then retried restoring windows and the same exact issues persisted with no difference.

I then thought it was possible that the DPC_Watchdog_Violation was due possibly to my SSD or HDD having incompatible drivers and then in BIOS disabled there SATA ports so that they were no longer accessible.

The same issue with windows restore persisted.

I also saw one Microsoft thread saying to switch SATA from AHCI to IDE, however my BIOS only has options for ACHI and RAID.

I do not know what else to try and any help or ideas are very much appreciated.

PC Components:

ASUS X470F Motherboard

AMD RYZEN 2700X CPU

NVIDIA 1070Ti GPU

Corsair 750x PSU

Teamgroup Dark 3000Hz DDR4 RAM

500GB M.2 Western Digital Black

Crucial MX250 SSD

1TB 2.5" HDD

:)

LukeTraverso, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Windows 10 - Blue Screen / WatchDog Violation

Hi,

Incompatible drivers can cause the Watchdog Violation blue screen error. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we can provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • Are you using a third-party antivirus program?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer before this started happening?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial recommendation, we suggest carefully following the steps suggested

here
    for troubleshooting blue screen errors. That article was specifically created for resolving stop (also called blue screen) errors that happen in Windows 10.

We'll wait for your response and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Jan 30, 2021
  3. monitors keyboard and mouse not working after blue screen

after my PC blue screened with the error message KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED my keyboard mouse and my monitors are not working. when i turn my pc on a no signal detected message pops up and i'm pretty sure its not the mother board or PSU as they are both only like 2 1/2 months old. i'm runing widows 10 on a SSD if that helps. my keyboard and mouse are not getting any power i can tell because they would light up if they did.

beanmaneatbroom, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Watchdog Error and repeating blue screens. Mouse and Keyboard do not work when trying to...

Windows watchdog blue screen

Hi Teemu,

This error can be caused most likely by an outdated driver for one of your hardware components. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call. The blue screen error code indicates that watchdog detects a DPC running too long, which stops your process to avoid data
    corruption or damaging the computer. To help resolve the issue, we suggest
    updating all the drivers on your PC
    as an initial troubleshooting step.

If the issue persists, you can perform a disk check. Follow the steps below to know how:

• On the search bar, type cmd then choose Command prompt.
    • Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Click
      Yes
      to continue after administrator permission was asked.
    • Then type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter to start the process.

Note: Disk check will start the next time you boot your PC and it might take some time to complete.

After doing the suggested steps, check if the same issue will occur.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Watchdog Error and repeating blue screens. Mouse and Keyboard do not work when trying to...

1. Watchdog Error and repeating blue screens. Mouse and Keyboard do not work when trying to... - Similar Threads - Watchdog Error repeating

2. Frequest Blue Screen and Repeated Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequest Blue Screen and Repeated Errors: Hello, I am extremely frustrated by frequent crashed and have tried switching my RAM, completely wiping all drives and reinstalling windows, checking cables and using a different power supply. Despite all this I am still frequently getitng these error codes:Critical Process...
  3. Frequest Blue Screen and Repeated Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequest Blue Screen and Repeated Errors: Hello, I am extremely frustrated by frequent crashed and have tried switching my RAM, completely wiping all drives and reinstalling windows, checking cables and using a different power supply. Despite all this I am still frequently getitng these error codes:Critical Process...
  4. Repeating blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Repeating blue screen error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi,it's very annoying, blue screen 2x per day. Overview ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Machine LENOVO - IdeaCentre G5 14AMR05 Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64-bit Memory 16 GB Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor...
  5. Blue screen stop error repeatedly

Blue screen stop error repeatedly: I have received the blue screen stop error so many times that I reset my operating system which is Windows 10s. But now it just happened again. I can hardly use the computer because it keeps stopping and restarting....
  6. Repeated Blue Screen Errors/Crashes

Repeated Blue Screen Errors/Crashes: For the past few days I've been getting blue screen errors one or two a day. Not sure what exactly seems to trigger them. One change I made to my system before this started was attaching a new monitor with a built-in USB hub Gigabyte G27F. My previous monitor was Displayport...
  7. Repeated “FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE” blue screen error.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Repeated “FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE” blue screen error.: I’ve been getting this blue screen error a few times in the past week and have been unable to figure out why. Since I’m not 100% sure what it means and can’t find any non-sketchy-looking articles on it, could anyone inform me on that and direct me in the places I should be...
  8. Repeated Blue Screen Errors

Repeated Blue Screen Errors: I've been having problems with blue screens for many months now, maybe since I got my laptop in December or in the first couple months thereafter. I tried posting on this forum earlier and was told to reinstall Avast, which I did, but the problems are still happening. I have...
  9. Repeated Blue Screen Errors

Repeated Blue Screen Errors: I keep getting blue screen errors, at the frequency of twice a day to up to two weeks without one. Most of the time it's either Page Fault in NonPaged Area aswArPot.sys, or System Service Exception, but I have also had KMODE Exception Not Handled, APC Index Mismatch, and...
  10. monitors keyboard and mouse not working after blue screen

in Windows 10 Support
    monitors keyboard and mouse not working after blue screen: after my PC blue screened with the error message KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED my keyboard mouse and my monitors are not working. when i turn my pc on a no signal detected message pops up and i'm pretty sure its not the mother board or PSU as they are both only like 2 1/2...