Windows 10: watchdog error can't sign in to computer?

Discus and support watchdog error can't sign in to computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; watchdog error can't sign in to computer?... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JulieanneLong, Jun 18, 2021.

1. watchdog error can't sign in to computer?

watchdog error can't sign in to computer?

:)

JulieanneLong, Jun 18, 2021
  2. AndreePin Win User

DPC Watchdog Error

Hi,

DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility
    issues, or system files are corrupted. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so
      far?

AndreePin, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Caring1 Win User
    New CPU cooler for Ryzen questions and suggestions

Your Ryzen 7 1700X should be close to 4.0GHz anyway, so overclocking is pointless.
    If the computer freezes then there should be an error listed in the crash logs, most likely a clock watchdog timeout, changing the cooler won't fix it.
    I'd suggest leaving the CPU stock and clocking your Ram up a bit.

Caring1, Jun 18, 2021
  4. jimhoyle Win User

How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

1. watchdog error can't sign in to computer? - Similar Threads - watchdog error can't

2. can't sign in to the computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    can't sign in to the computer: I'm trying to sign onto an old computer. I don't remember the passwordI reset it, but the old computer doesn't recognize it. I looked to see if the old computer was still in my profile; it isn't. Microsoft won't let me add it. So I have data on an old computer that I cannot...
  3. can't sign in to the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't sign in to the computer: I'm trying to sign onto an old computer. I don't remember the passwordI reset it, but the old computer doesn't recognize it. I looked to see if the old computer was still in my profile; it isn't. Microsoft won't let me add it. So I have data on an old computer that I cannot...
  4. can't sign in to the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't sign in to computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to computer: Split from this thread. I have a Dell Desktop. I have signed into this computer a million times with my microsoft account. Then one day it won't let me. I have changed the password, can log into any other computer but this one. Please help. I have tried everything I can find...
  6. Can't sign in to computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in to computer: Split from this thread. I have a Dell Desktop. I have signed into this computer a million times with my microsoft account. Then one day it won't let me. I have changed the password, can log into any other computer but this one. Please help. I have tried everything I can find...
  7. Can't sign in on new computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in on new computer: I just bought a new HP convertible touch-screen laptop. I downloaded and installed the new version of Windows 10. After the PC restarted, it would not recognize any combination of username/password, including my Microsoft account login that I used to sign in to this website....
  8. Can't sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't sign in to my computer: Hi, I need some help because I can't sign on to my computer. I've been having problems using my computer for about a week. I tried to do a system restore and that didn't work. I tried to reset to factory and that didn't work. Every time I tried something, the situation...
  9. Can't sign in to my computer.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to my computer.: Hello everyone, I can't sign in to my computer. When I start it in normal mode, it gets stuck like in the picture below. I can't enter my password and there is no internet access. I use ethernet to connect to the Internet. Keyboard and mouse are working fine.[IMG] Tried to...
  10. Can't sign in to my computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't sign in to my computer: My Acer Aspire Switch 10 E laptop keeps displaying the error code 0x80070032, but when I restart the device, instead of fixing the error code, it just keeps repeating the error....