Windows 10: watchdog time out

Discus and support watchdog time out in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First the mouse stops responding. The I have to re boot. After 10 mins, the computer goes into shut down. Had an error report, `Watchdog time out`... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KenGarrard, Mar 27, 2019.

1. watchdog time out

First the mouse stops responding. The I have to re boot.

After 10 mins, the computer goes into shut down.

Had an error report, `Watchdog time out`

Any ideas guys.

:)

KenGarrard, Mar 27, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Windows watchdog blue screen

Hi Teemu,

This error can be caused most likely by an outdated driver for one of your hardware components. DPC stands for Deferred Procedure Call. The blue screen error code indicates that watchdog detects a DPC running too long, which stops your process to avoid data
    corruption or damaging the computer. To help resolve the issue, we suggest
    updating all the drivers on your PC
    as an initial troubleshooting step.

If the issue persists, you can perform a disk check. Follow the steps below to know how:

• On the search bar, type cmd then choose Command prompt.
    • Right-click on it and select Run as administrator. Click
      Yes
      to continue after administrator permission was asked.
    • Then type chkdsk /f /r and press Enter to start the process.

Note: Disk check will start the next time you boot your PC and it might take some time to complete.

After doing the suggested steps, check if the same issue will occur.

Feel free to post back if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Mar 27, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    DPC Watchdog Error

Hi,

DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility
    issues, or system files are corrupted. To isolate this concern, kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so
      far?

AndreePin, Mar 27, 2019
  4. jbtech3 Win User

watchdog time out

watchdog and malwarebytes

I wont to thank you for your help i have finished the steps that you suggested all but removing the watchdog what is the best and or easiest way to do this ss for being so stupid and i am aware that these scams pray on people just like me. I thought i
    was doing the right thing because they represent themselves as Microsoft

jbtech3, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

watchdog time out

1. watchdog time out - Similar Threads - watchdog

2. First everything freezes, then Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First everything freezes, then Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout BSOD: Hello, I have recently noticed that my Intel NUC 11phki7c workstation sometimes freezes, stops loading webpages, then the taskbar stops responding, followed by everything else becoming unresponsive. There's no way to do anything - Win+L doesn't work, CtrlAltDel doesn't...
  3. First everything freezes, then Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First everything freezes, then Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout BSOD: Hello, I have recently noticed that my Intel NUC 11phki7c workstation sometimes freezes, stops loading webpages, then the taskbar stops responding, followed by everything else becoming unresponsive. There's no way to do anything - Win+L doesn't work, CtrlAltDel doesn't...
  4. First everything freezes, then Win32k Power Watchdog Timeout BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation keeps happening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation keeps happening: Every time I use this laptop after about 5 minutes to an hour after turning it on, it will crash and give me a DPC watchdog violation and a blue screen. It never finishes restarting either; it gets to 100% and then stays there until I power it off. I have tried almost...
  6. DPC Watchdog Violation keeps happening

DPC Watchdog Violation keeps happening: Every time I use this laptop after about 5 minutes to an hour after turning it on, it will crash and give me a DPC watchdog violation and a blue screen. It never finishes restarting either; it gets to 100% and then stays there until I power it off. I have tried almost...
  7. PC has been getting BSoD with stop code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION whenever i try to connect...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC has been getting BSoD with stop code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION whenever i try to connect...: I have already reset and update my network drivers but it still did not solve the issue. I checked the event viewer log and it shows a error "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500,...
  8. PC has been getting BSoD with stop code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION whenever i try to connect...

PC has been getting BSoD with stop code DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION whenever i try to connect...: I have already reset and update my network drivers but it still did not solve the issue. I checked the event viewer log and it shows a error "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500,...
  9. Random Crashing + DPC Watchdog violation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashing + DPC Watchdog violation: Computer was working fine yesterday but now today it seems to be weird. Start up a game and 5 minutes pass and than it restarts randomly. have not done any updates recently and drivers should be up to date. Got a BSOD once with the error as DPC Watchdog.Here is a link to...
  10. Random Crashing + DPC Watchdog violation

Random Crashing + DPC Watchdog violation: Computer was working fine yesterday but now today it seems to be weird. Start up a game and 5 minutes pass and than it restarts randomly. have not done any updates recently and drivers should be up to date. Got a BSOD once with the error as DPC Watchdog.Here is a link to...