Windows 10: Watchdog Violation and other errors

Discus and support Watchdog Violation and other errors in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay. I'm at my wits end here. Around the beginning of January I started experiencing crashes with a variety of error messages. Service Kernel,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AstralAscendant, Jan 27, 2019.

1. Watchdog Violation and other errors

Okay. I'm at my wits end here. Around the beginning of January I started experiencing crashes with a variety of error messages. Service Kernel, Watchdog Violation are the two that I seem to remember. I ran sfc /scannow with no problems detected. So, it didn't fix whatever issue I ran into. Finally broke down and bought a new SSD.

After reinstalling windows 10 and dealing with crashes while installing the drivers for my video card Windows crashed. This resulted in everything breaking. I couldn't even boot past the BIOS screen. In an attempt to troubleshoot the hardware, I disconnected everything. Working my way through the four RAM sticks, individually and together I was able to get the single POST beep. Next I added one video card and was able to boot up into windows. I then added in my wireless card, again able to boot into windows and perform the necessary updates and driver installations.

I then reconnected my second video card (SLI). Again, without issue. So, my thought was that through process of elimination, I had determined that my optical drive was the problem. To confirm this, I reconnected it as well. But, everything worked fine.

That was about three weeks ago. Now, I'm back in the same boat. Service Kernel, Watchdog Violation blue screens. I attempted to run sfc /scannow from the repair command prompt which only resulted in another BSOD. Startup Repair can't fix whatever problem I have. I've also tried restoring windows, but that just results in a BSOD.

There were no driver updates prior to this latest crash. I haven't added, or removed any hardware, or programs.

I'd appreciate any help.

:)

AstralAscendant, Jan 27, 2019
  2. brandonwh64, Jan 27, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    DPC watchdog violation

Hi Kathy,

To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Billion Debbarma on September 19, 2015 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 27, 2019
  4. Watchdog Violation and other errors

dpc watchdog violation

Hi Steven,

DPC Watchdog Violation is a common error caused by SSD drivers in
    Windows 10. In order for us to effectively assist you with your concern, we just have a few questions for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Were you able to install all pending updates on your computer?
    • Have you tried restarting your computer?
    • Have you tried running the System File Checker tool?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

Watchdog Violation and other errors

1. Watchdog Violation and other errors - Similar Threads - Watchdog Violation errors

2. Watchdog violation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Watchdog violation error: Need some help with this error. I have the dmp file on my harddrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watchdog-violation-error/955b5d31-2f24-4d2f-b802-c8438316dd9a
  3. Watchdog violation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Watchdog violation error: Need some help with this error. I have the dmp file on my harddrive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/watchdog-violation-error/955b5d31-2f24-4d2f-b802-c8438316dd9a
  4. Watchdog violation error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DPC Watchdog Violation Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog Violation Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONFor those who experience this error, it occurs occasionally but repeatedly and seemingly at random. The PC then collects information and restarts. The Bug Check code for this bluescreen is 0x00000133.How do I resolve this error?I've been strangely...
  6. DPC watchdog violation error

DPC watchdog violation error: I keep getting a dpc watchdog violation error on my windows 10 laptop. I've tried basically all the methods suggested to people who've asked this before me on this platform and none worked. Specs:- RAM: 8GB. PROCESSOR:- IntelR CoreTM i5-10300H CPU @ 2.50GHz , Graphics card:-...
  7. DPC watchdog violation error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC watchdog violation error: I am currently facing issues with my PC. It was working fine in the morning until later in the evening as I was playing a game, I received a BSOD with the DPC Watchdog violation error. I perform CHKDSK and SFC /scannow and it showed me no errors, yet I am still encountering...
  8. Watchdog Violation error

Watchdog Violation error: Hello, Since a couple of days I'm getting a Watchdog Violation Error. This error happens irregular and with intervalts.I think the problem lays in the game I'm playing with the combination of some addons im using but im not 100% sure. What I've done so far is:Checked my...
  9. Help With Watchdog Violation Error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help With Watchdog Violation Error: Hey all, Recently I've been getting the dreaded Watchdog Violation Error. I did some Googling and found that a common cause is the Realtek PCIe GBD Family Controller driver being outdated, but I do not have this installed on my machine to begin with (as far as I can tell)....
  10. Watchdog Violation and Other Blue Screen errors

Watchdog Violation and Other Blue Screen errors: Since a few days i started having blue screen problems and finally today i reinstalled my windows. I deleted completely everythng but again i got the same problem. Please help me to understand and solve the problem. Here is the minidump file....