Windows 10: Watchdog Violation inside Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

Discus and support Watchdog Violation inside Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello! I purchased my computer a few months ago and have been dealing with this blue screen of death on and off. It's quite a random occurrence,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mellis47, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Mellis47 Win User

Watchdog Violation inside Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

Hello! I purchased my computer a few months ago and have been dealing with this blue screen of death on and off. It's quite a random occurrence, although I've found it's more likely to happen under bigger workloads. Now it ONLY occurs when I have Adobe programs open. Even if my computer is idle, no strenuous work whatsoever, it will crash because of the DPC WatchDog Violation. I can use my computer for anything else without issue.

Couldn't zip my Minidump error from yesterday so here's the link to the error I received 6 days ago. Minidump

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=733CDD35A34F6F09%215032&cid=733CDD35A34F6F09

Specs:

VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3090 24GB GDDR6X Ampere [VR Ready] Single Card

CPU: IntelR Core™ Processor i9-10900K 10/20 3.70GHz [Turbo 5.2GHz] 20MB Cache LGA1200

HDD: 1TB SAMSUNG 970 PRO PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/2700 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 500/500k [+330] Single Drive
    HDD2: 4TB 4TBx1 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 5400RPM HDD [+4] Single Drive

MEMORY: 32GB 8GBx4 DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport

MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME Z490-V ATX, ARGB, 1GbE LAN, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 4 SATA3, 2x M.2 SATA/PCIe + WiFi 6 Intel 201AX

Seems like it might be related to my storage? All drivers are up to date. I've tried taking out ramm and ssd and nothing changed.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Look forward to your response! All the best.

:)

Mellis47, Mar 8, 2021

2. Can't get Adobe Premiere Pro to work anymore. Please Help!

Hi Jon,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• What exactly happen when you try to import any content?
    • Do you get any error message/error code?
    Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps.

Step 1.

I would recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the Adobe Premiere Pro and check if this helps.

• Press Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl
      and hit Enter.

• Now locate for Adobe Premiere Pro, right click on it and uninstall the program.
    • Once uninstalling is done restart the computer and try installing again.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps:

Step 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the Adobe Premiere Pro and install the program in compatibility mode and check.

• Follow the above steps to uninstall the program.

• Now Right-click on the setup file and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the program install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Adobe premiere pro on Win10

1. It is brand new laptop, it is first time installation.

2. No there was not premiere.exe. or similar program running on the details tab of Task manager.

3. Installation of the software from Adobe's was successful.

every other program from CS 5.5 (Photoshop, After Effect) etc.. Working fine except for Premiere pro.

Thank you

SamuelAbramian, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Watchdog Violation inside Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

Adobe premiere pro on Win10

Have you tried running the .exe file itself, in case the shortcut is broken?

Find Adobe Premier Pro.exe in the installation folder ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0 in my case) and try to run it from there.

DamianDavis, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Watchdog Violation inside Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects

1. Watchdog Violation inside Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects - Similar Threads - Watchdog Violation inside

2. I have been getting BSOD while running Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere pro and/or After effects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting BSOD while running Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere pro and/or After effects: I would like to ask for help regarding this BSOD. I am not sure what is the cause since the Blue Screen only appears for a couple of seconds so I don't have enought time to read the details but I was able to get this via event viewer."The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. I have been getting BSOD while running Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere pro and/or After effects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been getting BSOD while running Google Chrome, Adobe Premiere pro and/or After effects: I would like to ask for help regarding this BSOD. I am not sure what is the cause since the Blue Screen only appears for a couple of seconds so I don't have enought time to read the details but I was able to get this via event viewer."The computer has rebooted from a...
  4. When dragging some archives to Adobe Premiere and After Effects, sometimes it leaves me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When dragging some archives to Adobe Premiere and After Effects, sometimes it leaves me...: When i drag and drop an archive on Adobe products, sometimes it leaves a ghost icon on my screen.Already reinstalled Video Drivers, reinstaled windows itself from cloud.The only thing that mostly works is restarting explorer.exe.What do i do? Thank y'all very much in advance....
  5. Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Adobe Premiere Pro System Compatibility: Having updated adobe premiere pro recently I am receiving a warning message RE: IntelR HD Graphics 620 that I should update my Intel display driver to 100.6286 or above. My laptop is an Dell Inspiron 12-7378 with an intel core i5-7200U running windows 2004 os build...
  6. Windows 10 Error trying to open Adobe Premiere Pro/After Effects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Error trying to open Adobe Premiere Pro/After Effects: Windows 10 x64 When I start Premiere: "Could not locate the enntry point _crtlsTailoredApp procedure in the dynamic link library MSVCR110.dll" [ATTACH] When I start AfterEffects: "Could not locate the enntry point _crtlsTailoredApp procedure in the dynamic link library...
  7. Cant Install After effects and premiere pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant Install After effects and premiere pro: Having an error message [ATTACH] Same goes for Adobe Premiere Pro. Tried to check control panel and the software was not installed. Please help thank you...
  8. Adobe Animate & Adobe After Effects

Adobe Animate & Adobe After Effects: I am trying to download Animate and After Effects on my Surface Pro X, but it's not showing up on the creative cloud. Are the software not compatible, and if so, when will it become compatible?...
  9. Adobe Premiere Pro will not export

Adobe Premiere Pro will not export: Hi guys. So I was having BSOD almost every time I would run Premiere Pro or any other graphics-heavy program, and it took about 5 days to get the issue resolved. I believe in the end some sort of driver or the BIOS being out-of-date was causing the issue. If you'd like, you...
  10. Adobe After effects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adobe After effects: When using Adobe after effects for about 5 minutes, windows 10 pro completely freezes hence the need to force shitdown. Please whta should i do to fix it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adobe-after-effects/cab48ad5-4da2-4bcb-b4ac-cb83a797e701