Windows 10: WatchDog Violation Won't Go Away

Discus and support WatchDog Violation Won't Go Away in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I will begin with warning that I am not a very tech savvy person with these types of issues. But earlier this week out of nowhere I got a blue screen I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by inthepink1221, Jan 30, 2019.

1. WatchDog Violation Won't Go Away

I will begin with warning that I am not a very tech savvy person with these types of issues. But earlier this week out of nowhere I got a blue screen I had never seen before with the watchdog violation message. I of course freaked out because I had never seen anything like this happen. So my laptop restarted and within minutes of being on Chrome it did it again. I did a little research and decided to check for driver updates via Driver Easy. The watchdog driver was listed so I updated and installed and after that didn't seem to have any issue. Then the very next day I got a message I had a Windows update and my computer needed to be restarted. Well apparently this was the October update and it took hours upon hours to finish. I honestly thought my computer was dunzo. But then after the update finally finished everything seemed fine again. Now today out of nowhere yet again I got the dreaded Watchdog screen. The driver is up to date and I assume so is Windows so I can't figure out why this is happening. All of the troubleshooting I have seen feel a bit above my head so I htought I would reach out to see if anyone might know what's going on.

:)

inthepink1221, Jan 30, 2019
  2. brandonwh64, Jan 30, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    DPC watchdog violation

Hi Kathy,

To assist you further, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Have you tried the troubleshooting steps on this
      link
      that was provided by Billion Debbarma on September 19, 2015 and see if you will still encounter the same issue?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Jan 30, 2019
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

WatchDog Violation Won't Go Away

rtwjunkie, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

WatchDog Violation Won't Go Away

1. WatchDog Violation Won't Go Away - Similar Threads - WatchDog Violation Won't

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Taskbar won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar won't go away: Hi, The taskbar pops onscreen when one of the open apps has a notification. This is esp problematic with Slack, for example. Everytime I get a new slack message, the taskbar comes up and won't go away until I click on the Slack icon. This is ridiculously inconvenient when I'm...
  6. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  7. BIOS won't go away

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BIOS won't go away: Hey all! So I was using my computer like normal, editing some photos in Lightroom on Sunday. Then out of nowhere it shut down and went to what I found out was the American Megatrends BIOS screen. From here I just tried to exit but it didn't work. I tried restarting and...
  8. PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA won't go away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA won't go away: So since about last september I've been getting constant BSODS and they're mostly the same: PAGEFAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Netwtw06.sys I have Win 10 on a Lenovo IdeaPad 720s. Here's everything I've done: 1. Update all my drivers 2/3. Ran a cfc and chkdsk scans I dont remember...
  9. Remix won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remix won't go away: I've created Albums and every time I want to view them, I get the Remix it for me box. I've tried making changes, saving to OneDrive, - that Remix box keeps coming back... (WIn 10 up to date)...
  10. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchdog violation wont work