Windows 10: WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.

Discus and support WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi All, - PC SPECS AT BOTTOM This is a long story, I have been having BSOD crashes constantly with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Andrew KA, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Andrew KA Win User

WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes.

Hi All, - PC SPECS AT BOTTOM

This is a long story, I have been having BSOD crashes constantly with my PC that is now 3 Years old. These crashes have so far been quite random and have some certain traits that are noticeable before the crash. I have come here as sort of my last resort, this has been happening for about 2 Months now. Originally I had taken this to Stardot Technology, as it is close to where I live and is also how I had the PC built, but after 3 weeks they couldn't seem to fix the crashing. Here is a list of what they did to attempt a fix;

- Tested HDD and Ram - No fault found

- Checked Temps for CPU and GPU - both have low temps

- HDD Activity is fine

- CPU Usage is fine

- FPS drops occurring during game-play, but happening at random intervals. Assessed mini dump file and found video card or antivirus the issue. Uninstalled antivirus and removed video card drivers, re-installed video card drivers FPS drop still happening.

- Formatted SSD. Windows 10 Installed, Drivers and updates done.

And that was all stardot tech support could do, unfortunately, the crashes pursed after the fresh re-install of windows. To describe what is happening, the fps during gameplay will at times randomly hit a stutter/freeze, and in the event that it doesn't full lock up and freeze (BSOD, but just a black screen followed by full PC restart) the fps will drop to about 10% of its normal (csgo - 250fps avg, 30fps issue). This is not just tied to 1 Game either, this will happen across any game, for example WarThunder, Total War: War-hammer 2, CSGO, Insurgency Sandstorm and Company of Heroes 2. I do not play on very high settings in case you might think that is the cause, medium on all of the listed games. I have attempted to reinstall drivers for nearly everything, Device Manager, Nvidia, realtek, but the issue still persists. I have run certain commands such as troubleshooting from the start up which said it couldn't find the issue, and sfc/scannow which returned no results for problems.

I have also had the PC crash when using things such as YouTube, Facebook, Discord, Steam and just sitting at the desktop with nothing open. Every Crash has been a BSOD, that was just a straight Freeze of the screen with the PC restarting completely.

At this current point I believe it to be the graphics card hardware failing, but I would like to be 100% sure before forking out a ridiculous amount of money for a new card (still a uni student). So any advice on how to fix this would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Below are some of the crash reports that I have noticed, I'm not the most tech savy person so if there is another thing I can use to get info let me know.

Event Viewer:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 (0x0000000000000001, 0x0000000000001e00, 0xfffff8007814a380, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0d13b00d-b262-407d-8695-e4835191f48e.

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I have linked a OneDrive folder with screenshots of bluescreenviewer, MSI Afterburner and the MiniDump.dmp and Memory.dmp files, I hope that this is enough for people to see some sort of pattern or issue!

OneDrive:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AggqZrzAEFlPaRcoBqRV2-SrtsA

PC SPECS

• i7 -6700 Processor 3.4GHZ
    • MSI B150M Mortar LGA 1151
    • Kingston HX426C15FBK2/16 (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
    • Kingston SSD 240GB SATA3
    • Seagate Barracuda 1TB
    • Cougar 650W ATX 80+ Power Supply
    • ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Turbo OC

Should you require anything else/if the link doesn't work, please let me know as I am at the boiling point with this issue!!

MANY THANKS TO PEOPLE WHO HELP OUT!

:)

Andrew KA, Mar 10, 2019

2. Random FPS Drops on Windows 10

So, this has only happened on windows 10. Every single game i can play on my laptop always has this random FPS drops.

It is like when im playing the game and it handles normally. Then randomly a FPS drop happenes. Which makes my experience with the game worse. After the FPS drop, it goes back to normal. And it repeats. (FPS drop stays for a lot of minutes, and the normal
    doesnt.)

Any ideas? Please tell me if you know or find out!

EmonPlaysEveryThingy -YA, Mar 10, 2019
  3. drop fps every game

Hi,

You can check Preeti Patel's answer on this
    link
    . Some users found her answer helpful. We suggest that you also try to follow the steps she provided and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Lov Dollente, Mar 10, 2019
  4. extr3me Win User

Random FPS drop

Hi,

Recently I am having huge random drop in FPS when playing games. In some games screen sometimes freezes for 1-3 seconds and than goes back to normal. This happens for every 5 min or so. I tested my GPU with stress tool (Furmark) and don't recorded such huge drops or freezes ( GPU performance drops from 99.9 % to 75% occasionally but not more). What may cause this?

extr3me, Mar 10, 2019
Thema:

1. WATCHDOG_ERROR - BSOD - FPS Dropping in games' with Random Freezes. - Similar Threads - WATCHDOG_ERROR BSOD FPS

2. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  3. Fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drop in games: so as the title says , i have been facing fps drops in games. for example sekiro which was working fine last year is currently unplayable because after say 5 minutes the fps drop from 60 to 30. I open up my task manager to see whats wrong and everythings fine. I checked using...
  4. Random FPS drop across all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  5. Random FPS drop across all games

Random FPS drop across all games: I was playing some Rocket League when I noticed that I was only getting 20 fps, which is unusual because I usually get around 80. Same in Fortnite too, 20 fps where I was getting like 90-120 fps. I did not install anything besides a few drivers updated and a BIOS update. I...
  6. FPS drop in games

FPS drop in games: windows updates are causing fps drops down to 20 - 10 fps in games that used to run at 80 -100 fps. I have tried every single fix out there. i've tried several different graphics driver versions, reinstalling windows, even a complete factory reset . specs - Lenovo legion 5...
  7. Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random freezes/FPS drops in games only on windows, No idea why!: My laptop is Asus ROG Zephyrus G GA502DU and the games/applications I run usually run super smooth with random unexplained freezes. In games, my frame rate drops to like 5-10 after being at 200 with ease. I play games like CSGO, minecraft, and some single player games. Its...
  8. Random freezes and drops in FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes and drops in FPS: Hello! I recently installed a new graphcis card and in the same sweep, I ended up reinstalling windows. However, after about a week of playing on the new graphics card, my computer randomly starts to freeze and drop in FPS for several seconds. This happens both when I'm in a...
  9. Random big fps drops in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random big fps drops in games: I have a huge problem, my fps randomly drops to 15-40 fps just out of nowhere. This has been happening for three months now (and I'm posting about this just now lmao) and I still don't know what's going on. I usually play games that meet my PC specs, but most of them I play...
  10. Random FPS drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random FPS drop: Hello there, Now my problem started a month ago in April, the games that were working fine earlier started having some sudden FPS drops, the drops were for some seconds and then again the games used to come in normal condition. This problem was occurring in many games...