Windows 10: Watching a newbie build a PC from scratch is painful!

Discus and support Watching a newbie build a PC from scratch is painful! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have built servers, workstations, and personal PCs for a long time. Everything in my house is built by me Or Rebuilt by me. BUT! I would never allow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lance1, May 30, 2021.

1. Lance1 Win User

Watching a newbie build a PC from scratch is painful!

I have built servers, workstations, and personal PCs for a long time. Everything in my house is built by me Or Rebuilt by me. BUT! I would never allow anyone without knowledge of hardware and compatibility to build a PC from scratch... BUT Linus Did! It was painful at times to watch. Say something if you like about the build process and Pick It Apart. Point out what she did Right! and what she did Wrong... I'm interested to read your thoughts. But if your like me! I was gritting my teeth through most of it. This is just a fun post so Enjoy the video.

:)

Lance1, May 30, 2021

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 30, 2021
  3. Durvelle27, May 30, 2021
  4. popsean Win User

Newbie, looking for new graphics card.

I am currently having problems with my 4870s noise.
    In my honest opinion, its just too damn loud.

Getting to the point, i am looking for a new video card that is
    • Quiet/silent
    • Decent power
    • around 120 dollars or less.
    • Dual dvi outputs for 2 monitors
    • Easy/Low maintenance
    • Not a puzzle to install
    Im going to buy a new video card very soon, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

popsean, May 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Watching a newbie build a PC from scratch is painful! - Similar Threads - Watching newbie build

2. Starting from scratch with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Starting from scratch with OneDrive: I'd like to have all my documents, pictures, etc on my laptop and external drive, and then select what gets backed up to OneDrive. BUT my system is currently set up to store everything on OneDrive Desktop, Documents, Pictures folders, and I can't figure out how to change...
  3. Starting from scratch with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Starting from scratch with OneDrive: I'd like to have all my documents, pictures, etc on my laptop and external drive, and then select what gets backed up to OneDrive. BUT my system is currently set up to store everything on OneDrive Desktop, Documents, Pictures folders, and I can't figure out how to change...
  4. i want to build my own computer from scratch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i want to build my own computer from scratch: building my own computer from scratch https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-build-my-own-computer-from-scratch/aba08b63-151d-4261-9e77-479212c8cca3
  5. Newbie

in Windows 10 Support
    Newbie: Hi Guys and Girls my name is Kerrigan ( for short) I have never posted here yet but I do drop in from time to time. I run a windows 10 machine with reasonably high specs. I live in a beautiful part of Western Australia called Mandurah which is about an hours drive from our...
  6. Looking to buy a Windows 10 Product Key for a PC Build from Scratch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking to buy a Windows 10 Product Key for a PC Build from Scratch.: [ATTACH] Hey, I was just wondering whether this is the actual product key for Windows 10, like, will they send it to me as a product key? https://preview.redd.it/1w6726w31je51.png?width=596&format=png&auto=webp&s=cdf03870b1d49ababa66e69e4656228e1d5e8762 submitted by...
  7. Windows Update from scratch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update from scratch: I was transferring some files over to my external drive when I decided to installed Update 2004. An hour later, the Drive refused to eject. I checked over everything in Task manager and logged in and out to be sure. By that time the Update had reached 80% Getting Things...
  8. Registry from scratch

in Windows 10 Support
    Registry from scratch: Hi there guys. I've been tweaking and modifying the Windows registry for years now. Usually I use google to search for what I want, I also use programs like regshot to monitor changes to the registry as I change settings. One thing I wish to learn though is how do people...
  9. newbie questions from non-newbie about update to 1909 and unattended

newbie questions from non-newbie about update to 1909 and unattended: So I'm not exactly a newbie, but recently I have been very, very pressed for time,*Shock so I can't do my usual "try it and see what works." But I know that the longer I put off all these updates, the more problems I will have, and I want to get these updates done and behind...
  10. newbie

newbie: I have a laptop with genuine Windows default his laptop then I bring my laptop to the computer worker after the Windows OS check is changed to not original, how do I restore the windows to the original version? Because recovery is deleted thank you...