Windows 10: Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder

Discus and support Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had some recordings from my gamebar that I would open and it would create random blank files in C:\Users\Myra\Videos\Captures with names like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Myra117, May 31, 2021.

1. Myra117 Win User

Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder

I had some recordings from my gamebar that I would open and it would create random blank files in C:\Users\Myra\Videos\Captures with names like {0A2B2EC9-5FB4-470D-9490-E113E56C2A63}i thought only opening videos in my Captures folder was causing it, but turns out watching Highlights from League of Legends clips also creates these too. Don't know how to fix it, but its a bit nerve racking. most I can do is delete them but when I watch a clip they just generate 2 again.

:)

Myra117, May 31, 2021
  2. Ochoco99 Win User

unable to record game clips with DVR

Hi,

I've recorded several clips witht he xbox app DVR since the release of windows 10.

However today I tried recording a clip and it says im already reocrding a clip... but nothing is recording.There's no new files in the capture folder either.

I haven't changed any settings since the first record and all the game clips are from the same game with all the same settings.

Anyone else has this problem or knows of a fix?

Ochoco99, May 31, 2021
  3. Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.

More than a few times, i have recorded over 3 hours worth of game-play, and when i go to check what i got in the capture folder, it's literally empty, but if i record a 4 second clip just to test it out, it's there. Furthermore, game bar will stop working
    properly if the computer screen goes into sleep mode or the display turns off after being inactive. Why is gamebar so broken? And why not just add a feature so you can click on the app to open it instead of pushing Windows+G?

***Modified Title from: Game Bar Not Saving Long Recordings***

xKingxKoolaid, May 31, 2021
  4. Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder

Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. As you have selected root of a drive (D Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder :) while changing the captures folder location and not created and selected a folder for the same. Hence, you are facing the issue. However, could you please let us know the exact
    error message you are getting while changing to default location.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you can restore default settings.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR (on the left pane).
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select
      Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on Apply > OK >
      Yes
    7. If you still facing the issue, please try by opening
      Xbox app.
    8. Click on Settings > Game DVR.
    9. Click on Open folder under
      Saving captures
      and perform step 4, 5,

If you are able to restore default settings successfully, please follow the steps mentioned below to change Captures folder location.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR.
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Move.
    6. Browse to the new location that you prefer.
    7. Click on New folder and create a folder.
    8. Highlight same folder using left click and click on
      Select Folder.
    9. Then click on Apply > OK >
      Yes.

You may also want to refer
    Adjust capture settings on Windows 10
    for more details.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder

1. Watching clips from recordings creating random files in my Captures folder - Similar Threads - Watching clips recordings

2. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  3. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting: So I was attempting to move the location of my capture to a different hard drive but I messed up something and I'm not exactly sure what went wrong. The end result being my capture location became my video folder. Creating a new capture folder doesn't seem to fix this. Is...
  4. Capture Folder Missing From Capture Setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. record game clips

in Windows 10 Customization
    record game clips: my graphics is intel RHD graphics 2000.is it suitable to record game clips https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/record-game-clips/2694161a-a33c-4fdc-96da-d3412cd3f28d
  6. Audio From Screen Record Captures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio From Screen Record Captures: When I listen to audio through my headphones it sounds fine, but whenever I screen record anything through the windows game bar screen recorder the audio comes out crackly in the video, this happens when i record from the internal speakers as well...
  7. Weird Folder created with random YouTube thumbnails and profile pictures (from watch history)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Folder created with random YouTube thumbnails and profile pictures (from watch history): Sooo, I don't know if this is the right community to post this in. But, something weird happened on my PC. I was working in FL Studio (music producing software). I wanted to save the beat I was making. I did it, I named it "pretty epic trap beat". However, when I pressed...
  8. Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder

Xbox Game Bar Game clip not stored in Captures folder: So I played PUBG and record it using Xbox Game Bar for almost 2 hours then when I'm finished I pressed Win+Alt+R to stop recording and the I close the game. When I open Captures folder, there is no new recording in there, only the old one. Windows 10 Home Insider Preview...
  9. Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.

Game clips are blank in Capture folder, recorded using Game Bar.: More than a few times, i have recorded over 3 hours worth of game-play, and when i go to check what i got in the capture folder, it's literally empty, but if i record a 4 second clip just to test it out, it's there. Furthermore, game bar will stop working properly if the...
  10. Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App Recordings will only capture first frame of clip.: I have my Xbox capture settings on my PC set to record 1 minute before (though the issue was the same at 3 minutes) and it will more often than not only capture the first frame of a recording, capturing the audio fine. It's not every time and since it's a Wndows 10 app, it...