Windows 10: watching films on laptop

Discus and support watching films on laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; have my Huawei laptop with Windows 10 on it and I play Netflix from the App. The video starts and plays like normal for about 5-8 minutes, then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaulaB.x, Jan 5, 2021.

1. PaulaB.x Win User

watching films on laptop

have my Huawei laptop with Windows 10 on it and I play Netflix from the App.

The video starts and plays like normal for about 5-8 minutes, then the screen size in the video player changes size about every 6 seconds creating a flickering. It flickers from one screen size to another. First the video plays to the edge of the screen, then changes to an 1/8th in border, then 1/4 in border, then full size again.

How do I fix this?

If I leave out of the player and come back in, the problem doesn't happen again for a few minutes, but then begins again.

I am using the default video player on my computer that loaded with the Netflix App. Problem is even if i open Netflix on website.

:)

PaulaB.x, Jan 5, 2021
  2. ICIT2LOL Win User

Playing DVD films

Hmm well I tried it on my small Asus laptop with a dual boot 7 / 10 and in 7 the disk played straight away no problems at all.

I was interested to see if it would because this smaller Asus laptop with just 7 on it before I made it dual boot kept me sane during my 14 week stay in hospital just after Xmas last year by allowing me to watch films etc. So in my mind a backward step using 10 for this and I find a few other aspects of 10 and yes I know I will burn in hell for saying so.

The other odd thing is now the disk is playing in my Panasonic player/recorder now??*Confused

ICIT2LOL, Jan 5, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Jan 5, 2021
  4. xIainx Win User

watching films on laptop

Films & TV App

Hi Justine,

thank you for helping me. I followed the steps that you outlined in your reply, but when I reached step 3 a small frame opened, however, I could not edit to remove the device. This was display only. The document appears to be saying you can only remove a
    device by logging in to that device.

For your info I am running Windows 10 Pro in S mode. version 1803 OS build 17134.254.

In the support documents is says:-

How to see your devices

To find out how which and how many devices are currently associated with the Films & TV app:

1. Start the Films & TV app.
    2. Go to Settings and tap or click Show my download devices.The pop-up window will display the various devices to which you can download your purchases.
    How to remove a device

Note You can only remove one device every 30 days.

To remove a device:

1. Sign in to the device that you want to remove.
    2. Start the Films & TV app.
    3. Go to Settings and tap or click Download devices.
    4. Tap or click Remove this device.

Many thanks

xIainx, Jan 5, 2021
Thema:

watching films on laptop

1. watching films on laptop - Similar Threads - watching films laptop

2. Refund film

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refund film: Hi I need a refund for a film Con Air https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refund-film/0e5823c3-b983-492c-b3d3-9f3cc813fee9
  3. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  4. Film and tv

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Film and tv: Why haven't they made a app for film and tv on Android been wanting one for years come on just do it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/film-and-tv/c3326188-ccbf-430c-ae0e-b4a71aff70dc
  5. Bluescreen while watching films

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen while watching films: So I have a problem with my device where when I watch a movie I get a blue screen. But when I play something or use the device the bluescreen does not appear. I would be happy to help.I have windows 10...
  6. Bluescreen while watching films

Bluescreen while watching films: So I have a problem with my device where when I watch a movie I get a blue screen. But when I play something or use the device the bluescreen does not appear. I would be happy to help.I have windows 10...
  7. Bluescreen while watching films

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Buying a film

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Buying a film: HI I want to buy a film but when it asks for my address it keeps automatically assuming i am in the US but i am in the UK. Can i not purchase a film to download if not in the US?...
  9. How to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed in "Films & TV" app

How to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed in "Films & TV" app: Hi Team, Could you please advice how to Watch Videos at 1.5x speed in the default app "Films & TV". Please advise. Thanks in advance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-watch-videos-at-15x-speed-in-films-tv-app/313d8bc8-ba3a-4508-a3e2-2f086b239bd1
  10. Can't watch films and game at the same time

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't watch films and game at the same time: I run dual monitors and When I was rocking windows 8.1 I could game and watch movies at the same time with with no problems. Now I have upgraded to 10, every time I try and watch something the picture lags but the not the sound when I'm on a game. But if I select the tab...