Windows 10: Watching Stream, encountered error Critical_Process_Died

Discus and support Watching Stream, encountered error Critical_Process_Died in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I was watching a stream on Twitch, when all of a sudden my computer bluescreened, obviously otherwise I would not be posting here, anyways... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pilicious, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Pilicious Win User

Watching Stream, encountered error Critical_Process_Died

So I was watching a stream on Twitch, when all of a sudden my computer bluescreened, obviously otherwise I would not be posting here, anyways encountered the error CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I was just curious if it was just a one shot error thing, or if it could become a reoccurring error that needs correcting.

Thanks for the help. ^_^

:)

Pilicious, Nov 20, 2016

2. N9 Wifi Hotspot problem

hello fellow n9 users, i have following problem with my n9

i get this error a few times a day and its really annoying while downloading something big and connection dies... Watching Stream, encountered error Critical_Process_Died :(

WiFi Hotspot has encountered an error and must be shut down NAT server General Error

<-15:6:101>

any solution to fix this as its frikking annoying Watching Stream, encountered error Critical_Process_Died :)

also is there a fix to disable streaming of Avi files, id like to download them to the phone and watch after download finishes because streams keeps buffering.

Lovsan---01, Nov 20, 2016
  3. YouTube will crash my PC

Sometimes, I'll be watching YouTube, and my laptop freezes with a drrrrrrr sound. After this happens, my laptop will most likely crash, with either the "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION" message, or the "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED" message. It doesn't always happen,
    but it sucks when it does. Usually after my PC restarts it's fine.

I have an HP Stream with Windows 10 Home. There are 2 GB of RAM. I have a 64-bit operating system.

The Processor is an Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 @1.60GHz .

JoshSchooley, Nov 20, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

At this stage it is difficult to tell if this will reoccur, I would post back with another log file if it happens again and we can see if a common cause is evident.

philc43, Nov 20, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    There was another BSOD earlier.
    Code: Event[9242]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2016-11-21T01:48:58.254 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: TwiSpark Description: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef (0xffffe400d6129700, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 2a08c956-ba25-4727-8658-1696080b7af4.[/quote] See if C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP is there and if yes, zip it and upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive then post a link to it here. It's the same Bugcheck EF the minidump indicates so might be useful.

Ztruker, Nov 20, 2016
  6. Pilicious Win User
    See if C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP is there and if yes, zip it and upload to a file sharing site like OneDrive then post a link to it here. It's the same Bugcheck EF the minidump indicates so might be useful.[/quote] Attempting to do this (Putting it into a ZIP Folder) gives me the error "File not found, or no read permissions." I am logged in as admin, as I am the only one who uses this computer. I copied and pasted the file onto my desktop, and it seemed to work, so hopefully it does?

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Thanks again. ^_^

Pilicious, Nov 20, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    The full memory dump indicates a problem with igdkmd64.sys.
    Code: ffff8880`5160e9e8 fffff805`0d1631e8*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0xc31e8[/quote] That belongs to your Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 onboard video chip/driver. The version you have is 10.18.10.4358 dated 12/20/2015.
    There is a newer version on the Toshiba web site: Satellite C55-A5245 Support | Toshiba
    Date: 2016-09-21 Version: 10.18.10.4252.

Give t6hat a try and see if it helps.

Ztruker, Nov 21, 2016
  8. Pilicious Win User

I updated the driver, hopefully I do not receive another BSoD, thanks for the help. ^_^

Pilicious, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Watching Stream, encountered error Critical_Process_Died - Similar Threads - Watching Stream encountered

2. I've been encountering BSOD with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've been encountering BSOD with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.: I get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED most of the times but I've also gotten WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. It happens when I open a game & play it for a few minutes. I thought it might be overheating issues, so I lowered the Maximum processor state to 99% first &...
  3. I've been encountering BSOD with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I've been encountering BSOD with the message CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.: I get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED most of the times but I've also gotten WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. It happens when I open a game & play it for a few minutes. I thought it might be overheating issues, so I lowered the Maximum processor state to 99% first &...
  4. I have encountered a bluescreen, error code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have encountered a bluescreen, error code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.: Hey, Microsoft. 18jamie.jones here. I have encountered a bluescreen, error code is CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I am not admin so i cannot have terminated the task. Can you help? Thanks...
  5. pc crashes (BSOD- critical process died) when watching live streams

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc crashes (BSOD- critical process died) when watching live streams: My pc works fine, up until I watch a live stream on twitch, I use Microsoft edge. I can watch for about 30 min before my screen freezes and I get the BSOD. And it restarts right away, in the span of like 30 seconds. Videos work fine. I have a stock HP Elite 8300 SFF Small...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Error: My Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop was just sitting there and all of a sudden the desktop background turned black, although the desktop icons and taskbar were still visible. A few seconds later, the system crashed giving me a BSOD message of "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". It attempted to...
  7. BSOD Watching Streaming

BSOD Watching Streaming: First off I'm on a fresh install of windows 10 x64 the latest Nov. build I was watching some streams on twitchtv just letting it play not doing anything else on the Pc after two hours of that the bsod occurred saying system_service_exception. Bluescreenviewer stated a bug...
  8. BSOD while watching streams

BSOD while watching streams: Greetings, So recently, I've noticed some minor freezes while watching streams, it only happens once, then it stops. Unfortunately, today, my computer completely froze and I got a BSOD error, with the following message: "VIDEO_MEMORY_MANAGEMENT_INTERNAL" So I went...
  9. BSOD watching online stream

BSOD watching online stream: Hi I have a BSOD watching an online stream, I don't know if it's related but games that my computer should handle fine have been lagging whilst some more demanding games run perfectly. 28349
  10. Watching/streaming Video's

in Windows 10 Support
    Watching/streaming Video's: Hi, Since I installed Win 10 I notice at times when I watch a movie in full screen on any player or stream on you tube full screen the player will min itself or freeze so I have to refresh, watching a movie on a player will result in it just closing or crashing, with some...