Windows 10: water damage to laptop, need some advise

Discus and support water damage to laptop, need some advise in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello... Today my Lenovo T550 laptop got damage by water and I believe the motherboard is dead now. What I like to do is remove the hard drive buy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Paul905, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Paul905 Win User

water damage to laptop, need some advise

Hello... Today my Lenovo T550 laptop got damage by water and I believe the motherboard is dead now. What I like to do is remove the hard drive buy another used T550 laptop and place my hard drive into it. I'm curious will it boot up? The windows version will also be the same. I'm just curious if it will boot up, thanks

Windows 10

:)

Paul905, Dec 18, 2019
  2. bazyeo Win User

Water Damage Indicator

You will find phone repair companies cite water damage as a way of getting out of repairing the phone under warranty. Here in Australia the telecom repair industry has been warned about using "water damage" as a means of getting out of their obligations.
    I do not know what country you are in but would suggest you take this up with the Consumer Affairs authority in your country.

bazyeo, Dec 18, 2019
  3. Anitrex Win User
    Water Damage Indicator

Its a "Rectangular White Sticker" located below your battery.

Its changes its colour depending on the water damage.

White-Little to No Water Damage

Pink-Moderate Water Damage

Red-Heavy Water Damage

Hope This Helps!!

Anitrex, Dec 18, 2019
  4. water damage to laptop, need some advise

water damage

Just wondering how a phone can be returned from Nokia care unrepaired as the fault is stated to be due to water damage yet the phone has not been near any water and the indicators on the phone and battery which are supposed to turn red in the event of water
    damage are still totally white ? Yet another N97 mystery. Can anyone help me solve it ?

fluxxxxcat, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

water damage to laptop, need some advise

1. water damage to laptop, need some advise - Similar Threads - water damage laptop

2. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  3. Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there anyway to fix water damage to a laptop: I recently spilled some of my morning coffee on my laptop and I hurried fast by cleaning it with a towel and wiping down some of the keys and now some of my laptop keys don't work is there anyway to fix this?...
  4. MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME: Will I LOST MY DATA??? PLEASE TELL ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-water-damage-dead-help-me/8dd903e7-28e4-46d4-b6eb-221ef22e8838
  5. MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME

MY DELL LAPTOP WATER DAMAGE DEAD HELP ME: Will I LOST MY DATA??? PLEASE TELL ME https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-dell-laptop-water-damage-dead-help-me/8dd903e7-28e4-46d4-b6eb-221ef22e8838
  6. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  7. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?: Hii!It has been long since i was active in this community,Now the thing is that this morning i accidentally spilled some liquid onto the keyboard in the left areas, the ctrl, fn, alt, z and probably caps lock and shift.Well, It was a sugary drink and It's not that many and...
  8. Does a Water Spill Damage my Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Water damage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Water damage: So not really a Microsoft Surface or anything, but it is a Windows 10 laptop so I'm hoping I could get some help here. Last night when I was not around my (open) laptop, my water bottle had tipped over all over my keyboard. I found out a few mins after, during which my...
  10. Windows10 update damaged something, attempting repair, some advise adv

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows10 update damaged something, attempting repair, some advise adv: Okay so I've been trying and trying and trying to get the windows10 from that link to follow through so I can make the ISO until I'm losing my cool and every time it won't let me - citing that some vague problem but without offering any kind of solution - and Microsoft...