Windows 10: Waterfox web browser has joined System1

Discus and support Waterfox web browser has joined System1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Waterfox now has funding and a development team, so Waterfox can finally start to grow! A Little Bit of Background The Beginning I started Waterfox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 15, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Waterfox web browser has joined System1

Source: Waterfox has joined System1

See also: Waterfox web browser sold to System1 - gHacks Tech News

:)

Brink, Feb 15, 2020
  2. R-T-B Win User

Mozilla Announces Firefox Quantum Web-browser

I'd just install waterfox or something that enables plugins as a secondary, java only browser honestly.

R-T-B, Feb 15, 2020
  3. A Faster Web Browser for Windows 10?

Hi,

You always have the option to use other browsers, however I strongly suggest that you use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer because of the newer features. To address your issue we are going to enable your Flash Player Plugin. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click the "..." button on the upper right corner of your Edge browser.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Under Advanced settings section, click the View advanced settings button.
    • Locate the Use Adobe Flash Player section and toggle the switch on to enable Adobe Flash Player.
    • Refresh your web page or open a new browser tab.
    Let's see how it behaves.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Feb 15, 2020
  4. JSheridan Win User

a problem with firefox been the default browser

No I don't remember seeing it before installing Waterfox. Also, I tried uninstalling both Firefox and Waterfox and then installed Firefox, still not present on the Default Browser list.

Windows 10 1809 with the latest updates but the same problem was there in 1803. I didn't notice it before then.

I tried the suggestions in the link you provided and nothing worked except the last one with the command prompt command. That worked on the laptop that was most affected and made Firefox appear on the list and is now my default browser. Waterfox web browser has joined System1 :)

I also have a desktop which has had Firefox as the default browser forever but it doesn't show up on the Default Browser list and none of the suggestions worked to make it appear. I'm not going to mess with that one too much as Firefox is already the default browser so I'll be fine unless it somehow gets changed.

Thanks for your help. Waterfox web browser has joined System1 :)

JSheridan, Feb 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Waterfox web browser has joined System1 - Similar Threads - Waterfox web browser

2. web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  3. web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web browser: Hi Why am i receiving a notice from AMAZON a generic web browser is trying to log in always use the same browser cant login? Thank you TIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browser/bc06573a-e360-4e58-b3b0-4ca569db7c04
  4. web browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser: How may I import Bookmarks and Passwords into MS Edge from Waterfox Browser? OS: Win10x64 Pro 20H2: 19042.804 Thanks, Don 174338
  6. Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Import Data to MS Edge from Waterfox Browser: How may I import Bookmarks and Passwords into MS Edge from Waterfox Browser? OS: Win10x64 Pro 20H2: 19042.804 Thanks, Don 174338
  7. Web browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser: When I open Chrome which is my default web browser I am getting a different browser layered on top of it called New Radio Cast. I don't know what I did to add it, I am guessing that it is an add on extension, I don't want it and I can't figure out how to delete it. It...
  8. Web browser.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web browser.: So on 4/6/20 I was downloading something online and it downloaded a web browser that i could not get rid of. So I uninstalled the app and problem solved, Then I ran a full virus scan and it came beck good. But then today I notice the app is back so i imedantly run a virus...
  9. Waterfox web browser sold to System1

in Windows 10 News
    Waterfox web browser sold to System1: It appears that the Waterfox web browser has been sold to System1 recently, the same company that bought the Startpage search engine some time ago. To be precise, Startpage was bought by Privacy One Group Ltd which System1 owns. System1 is an advertising company that tries to...
  10. waterfox

in Browsers and Email
    waterfox: I have been using waterfox 64bit on the last few win 10 updates but for some reason after latest win update I cannot to certain sites :- speedtest.net just gives a black screen; but it works alright on Spartan. have uninstalled and reinstalled still the same. 6461