Windows 10: Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

Discus and support Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by reverbnationcomZomley, Apr 6, 2021.

1. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

Hello, I cannot activate windows after an upgrade to Pro from Home. The watermark remains on screen at all times. All I want is to revert back to Windows 10 Home because it says my license is only valid for home, but I am stuck in pro and it gives me trouble when attempting to revert. I'm kinda lost at this point. Any suggestions out there? Thank you. Brian

:)

reverbnationcomZomley, Apr 6, 2021
  2. Ubersonic Win User

W10 activation and motherboard failure.

Hey, wasn't sure what section to put this in.

Motherboard died yesterday, managed to source a replacement but I believe I am correct in thinking that once I swap the board W10 will deactivate itself and demand I buy a new copy?

If so, would I be able to get around this by booting the system with a spare HDD, installing W7/8, upgrading to W10, then connecting the original drive (so the MB has been used/activated with W10)?

Thanks.

Ubersonic, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Vayra86 Win User
    W10 Home > Pro

Question:

right now I made a bootable USB for W10, off my current installation which is a W10 Home.

Monday I'll use that on my new rig but I want to move to W10 Pro on that one. Is this possible with my bootable USB setup? My guess is that you just re-pick your version based on the activation code, amirite?

Vayra86, Apr 6, 2021
  4. JohnDK. Win User

Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade

JohnDK., Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home

1. Watermark activated after upgrade to w10 pro from w10 home - Similar Threads - Watermark activated upgrade

2. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  3. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro: unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-upgrade-from-w10-home-to-pro/3c031906-3508-4d7a-a288-c81b6cb5e8cf
  4. unable to upgrade from w10 home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?

W10 image after upgrading from Home to Pro?: My laptop came with Windows 10 Home preinstalled with an image. I upgraded my Home version to Windows 10 Pro. I may need to "recover" my Windows 10 Pro installation. However, I want to be prepared. Based on the Windows 10 Recovery options, will it recover my Windows from...
  6. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  7. Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro

Upgrading from W10 Home to Pro: I am thinking about upgrading to W10 Pro but I have a question. I have 3 computers and they are all about 7 years old so in your opinion would this update be beneficial or should I just buy a new one. Thanks 162616
  8. Error 0x80070057 - Activation/upgrading W10 Pro from W10 Home

Error 0x80070057 - Activation/upgrading W10 Pro from W10 Home: Hi, I get an error when i key in my W10 Pro key in the 'change product key' option in 'Activation' in setting. The error is attached: [img] I have tried: - Ensuring my internet is working (reconnecting etc) - Tried multiple times (after restarts etc) - Ensure PC is fully...
  9. Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?

Upgrade W10 Home to PRO ?: I'm needing a workable procdure for this upgrade. Since its been a long time since I purchased a NEW manufactured system (usually build all my own desktops), I know little in what form the machine will be in at power up. Some history first: I have just purchased a Lenovo...
  10. Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure

Attempt to upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Pro failure: But not in the usual way - the Store would not accept the digital license for the W10 Pro I had purchased to do the upgrade - it offered me W10 Home again. So I tried using a physical disc for W10 Pro and it started fine and went online to collect update files to install....