Windows 10: Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home...

Discus and support Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have -2- persistent problems that are difficult to find specific information on: 1)Expired windows store token certificate (2018), reappears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SaintlyBoat6756, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home...

I have -2- persistent problems that are difficult to find specific information on:

1)Expired windows store token certificate (2018), reappears continually (after shutdown) with full-rights access (all check-boxes) for certificate purpose. A replacement token certificate exists, so why is the expired token reappearing after deletion? A copy of the expired token certificate is in the 'untrusted' cert. folder.

2)I recently had a faulty motherboard replaced on my laptop. The repair depot gave me a copy of W10 Enterprise Retail. I know from the tech. support listings that any major change of CPU in hardware will cause activation problems. I evaluated & tested features of W10 Enterprise Retail. I reinstalled W10 Home x64 afterward using ESD from MS.

I checked the Registry following the available instructions for such an issue, though it is not effective for the specifics of this problem: watermark shows home edition as evaluation/testing purposes only. Will I have to reinstall using O.E.M. copy of W10 Home x64 on USB?

Both problems appear to be related although my product shows as activated without error code!

Any help would be appreciated!

Brad

Lenovo X1 Extreme

W10, Version 1903 - 18362.418

:)

SaintlyBoat6756, Oct 8, 2019
  2. Jo Sal Win User

Windows 10 Enterprise Edition Activation Watermark

Hi,

I've activated my W10 Enterprise Edition but the watermark at the bottom right corner of my desktop won't go away and the remaining days counter keeps going down. How do I fix that?

Thanks

Jo Sal, Oct 8, 2019
  3. FatBaz43 Win User
    Unable to downgrade from W10 to W7

The screen refreshing laptop complained initially that the BIOS was not compatible with W10. I rectified this by updating the BIOS. W10 then went ahead with the installation. Upon completion the screen refreshing began and could not access the screen for
    downgrading as the screen refreshed before I could click the relevent menu. I could not access the file menu and I could not access the control manager (W10 Equivalent) and none of the Apps worked. As for the other laptop I could access the apps but could
    not acces files, clicking on the links to downgrade did not work. Re-starting->f2 took me to the BIOS screen but screen was frozen could not do anything.

Leaving both Laptops on overnight and rebooting the following day I was able to access the link for downloading, the refreshing held long enough for me to click and proceed with the downgrade.

The other Laptop I was able to click on the link to begin the downgade but after ascertaining that other parts were non operational.

I am reluctant to continue with W10 as I now have both Laptops working with W7 except that one now has the DVD inoperational which I will now have to try a rectify.

But thanks for the help, my main computer will stay on WXP and my wife's will continue with a working W10 and the Laptops W7 each respectively

FatBaz43, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home...

Suggestions For Light Gaming W10 Desktop

Out of the blue a family member casually asked me to find them a cheap desktop to replace their 6 y/o HP Enve M6 laptop with AMD A10-4600m. My response was to drive up to Microcenter and then install W10 and the purchased 850 EVO SSD into their laptop.

Don't expect the budget here will allow building anything from scratch. I have no parts to contribute to this build and would have to buy everything. I'm mostly looking for suggestions for pre-made options that could be found on the used market. If you have a better idea please feel free to expand upon it. Very open to ideas and have some time to make this happen now that the laptop is usable. Gaming is pretty far from my bailiwick and I've seen some stellar budget builds ideas here in the past. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Rough idea of specs

• Intel i5 4590 or AMD equivalent
    • 8 GB RAM
    • HDMI on MB or through discrete GPU
    • Capable of playing a modern game at lower settings
    • Fairly cool and power efficient
    • Couple hundred dollars max
    • Stable

nomdeplume, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home...

1. Watermark showing on desktop screen; downgraded W10 Enterprise Retail, back to W10 Home... - Similar Threads - Watermark showing desktop

2. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to W10 Home?: Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I'm now encountering the "Activate Windows" watermark on my screen. I ran the Activation troubleshooter and then pressed the "I changed hardware on this device recently" button to see this message: "Unable to activate Windows. We...
  3. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to W10 Home?: Hello, I recently changed my motherboard and I'm now encountering the "Activate Windows" watermark on my screen. I ran the Activation troubleshooter and then pressed the "I changed hardware on this device recently" button to see this message: "Unable to activate Windows. We...
  4. Downgrade from Windows 10 Enterprise to W10 Home?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  6. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation: Hi everyone.I use the W10 Enterprise Eval ISO in various VM Labs for study purposes.I am also using the W10 Enterprise ISO in a VM on my main computer for connecting to work systems, my initial thought was as I am now working from home permanently I would be able to get a...
  7. W10 Pro Retail Activation on and W10 Enterprise Eval installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  9. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home: My laptop came with W10 Home preinstalled by manufacturer. I purchased a windows 10 pro product key and installed. Now selling the laptop and wish to revert to W10 home and apply W10 Pro on new laptop. Is this possible?...
  10. W10 Pro downgrade to w10 home

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove win 10 watermark