Windows 10: WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ?

Discus and support WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Cumulative updates (for 2004) 2020-10, 202-11 and 2020-12 all state "Install in Progress" in update history. On the other hand, WAU Manager also says... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by rufford155, Dec 22, 2020.

1. WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ?

Cumulative updates (for 2004) 2020-10, 202-11 and 2020-12 all state "Install in Progress" in update history.

On the other hand, WAU Manager also says "You're up to Date" !

That's all very strange - any ideas what it means please ?

:)

rufford155, Dec 22, 2020
  2. Ghot Win User

WAU Manager question. KB4571756 shows as "Install in progress?

Via the normal Windows update, I see KB4571756 as "successfully installed", yet in WAU Manager, the same update shows as "Install in progress".
    Is this a normal glitch, or something I should be concerned with?

WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ? [​IMG]

3. Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com)

@dalchina , et al.

Howdy folks, *Smile
    WAU Manager looks like an excellent option for managing updates.
    I've been using Group Policy Settings (via gpedit.msc) to: "notify to download" and "notify to install".
    WAU Manager does the same thing with Registry changes.
    I'm looking for advice on selecting "Disable the built-in Windows Automatic Updates" with WAU Manager "and/or" leaving my settings in place.

Concerns:
    • Will I need to change GP settings back to "Not Configured", or can I leave my settings in place?
    • If I decide to stop using WAU Manager is there an easy way to revert the Registry to its default settings? A simple backup of the Registry may be useless down the road with potential other changes made to it.
    • Can I leave my GP settings as is and run WAU Manager without selecting "Disable the built-in Windows Automatic Updates" ?

Appreciation in advance to all who read this post and to those who have thoughts/comments/suggestions!
    *Cool

jdUnionngarden, Dec 22, 2020
  4. WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ?

Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com)

@Try3 et al.

Thanks for the details on restoring only part of the Registry. I''m not so much interested in how to edit the Registry as learning if WAU Manager's Registry changes are reversible: e.g. by "Unchecking" the box that allows the changes.
    Further,
    • Whether my Group Policy WU settings will interfere with WAU Manager's operation. And, if so, do I need to implement WAU Manager's Registry changes before or after disabling my GP Settings.
    • Or, better yet, if WAU Manager will run properly with an "unchecked" box and my current GP settings left in place: "Notify to download" and "Notify to install".
    I'll stay tuned for other thoughts/comments.
    Thanks,
    *Cool

jdUnionngarden, Dec 22, 2020
Thema:

WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ?

1. WAU Manager says "Install in Progress" days later ? - Similar Threads - WAU Manager says

2. How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...: Trying to install Java. yesterday's install was interrupted. Now when I try to install Java I get an error alert."Another java installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before you can run this installer". But there is no installation going on....
  3. How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...: Trying to install Java. yesterday's install was interrupted. Now when I try to install Java I get an error alert."Another java installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before you can run this installer". But there is no installation going on....
  4. How do deal with error alert that says "another installation is in progress" but no install...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. 112 Days Later, ticket abandoned

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    112 Days Later, ticket abandoned: To summarize my post: I’m locked out of my account, and unable to get information from support who have now closed my ticket despite my protest. I’m now being charged for Xbox gold and Microsoft Office with no way of cancelling the payments credit card companies are dragging...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade, no progress for days

Windows 10 upgrade, no progress for days: Ive recently decided to upgrade to windows 10 from 7 using the media creation tool. The upgrade started with no problems, restarting my pc and progressing on a blue screen that says "Installing Windows." After it restarted again back onto the same blue screen it has read...
  7. Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com): Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.1139 Re: Seeking Advice Using WAU Manager (by carifred.com) Howdy Folks, *Smile 1. The "Hide Selected button" is *turned off*/*doesn't work* and online help doesn't give me any information. What might I be missing? 2. I unexpectedly...
  8. WAU Manager question. KB4571756 shows as "Install in progress?

WAU Manager question. KB4571756 shows as "Install in progress?: Via the normal Windows update, I see KB4571756 as "successfully installed", yet in WAU Manager, the same update shows as "Install in progress". Is this a normal glitch, or something I should be concerned with? [img] 164114
  9. WAU Manager reliability and function

WAU Manager reliability and function: I have a Win10 based server with a Parity Storage Space having a lot of data on it. I have read the latest Win10 update destroys a storage space of that type. I am planning to use the WAU Manager (Carifred.com) on the server and the clients. How would I confirm positively...
  10. Stop Updates Win10MAN or WAU?

Stop Updates Win10MAN or WAU?: OK, I am on Windows 10 PRO 1909. I see that WAU just had an update to 2.5 and see that it does not actually install. I like that. WU10MAN has a Portable version but not much is said there. WAU looks better, I guess, but wonder what users on the FORUM think. Thank You as...