Windows 10: .wav file not playing

Discus and support .wav file not playing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SteveDuckett1, Jan 22, 2019.

1. .wav file not playing

I have a disk with some .wav files that will not play on any app on this computer. I have tried the default app (Groove music) and Windows Media Player. When using Groove I get the following error code: 0xc00d5212. When using WMP it just says it "encountered a problem when playing the file".

:)

SteveDuckett1, Jan 22, 2019

2. Unable to play .wav audio file

Hi Michael,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I like to know; on which application you are you are trying to play .Wav sound file?

I like to inform you that; you can play .wav audio file format
    using Windows Media Player and Windows 10 Groove Music app.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to Right click on the
    .wav
    audio file > Select Properties > click on the
    Change
    button adjacent to Open with option > Select Windows Media player option from the given list > Click on
    Ok.

If the issue still persists, run audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.
    For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jan 22, 2019
  3. IsNotNull Win User
    Wav attachments will not play

Wav attachments from our Avaya phone system will not play on Windows 8 Phone. Avaya says they use a standard wav format and the issue is with the mobile device and suggests using another app to play the file or change phones.

I didn't have this problem with the Windows 7 phone.

I'm sure MS didn't remove functionality for such a simple file format. What can be done to fix this issue?

IsNotNull, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Bazsl1 Win User

.wav file not playing

How play a .WAV file in Edge?

When I receive a Gmail message with an attached .WAV file I cannot play the .WAV file by clicking it in Edge. The only way I can play it is to save the file to my local hard drive and play the saved file. Is there a way to play the .WAV file in the browser?
    Thanks.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Bazsl1, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

.wav file not playing

1. .wav file not playing - Similar Threads - wav file playing

2. Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files: Windows 11 will not play mp3 or wav files consistently. Sometimes it will and sometimes mostly it won't. Occasionally it will work if I reboot. Windows 11 is updated. The error code I'm getting for both of these files is: We can't open x file. It uses unsupported encoding...
  3. Play one small WAV file and return

Play one small WAV file and return: Somewhere in Windows there's a routine used by startup, shutdown, and error notifications to play a small WAV sound and return without any other features or interaction.Please say what header file has the function prototype, what DLL has the executable, and show a C usage...
  4. Error in playing .wav files

Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  5. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error in playing .wav files: I have been having an error in attempting to play .wav files on the Windows Media Player. To my knowledge, I have carried out no updates, changed no drivers, and changed no codecs recently. However, out of nowhere, I received the following error message. "Windows Media Player...
  6. Error in playing .wav files

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Can't play WAV files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't play WAV files: One program I use frequently can no longer play WAV sounds. In troubleshooting this I notice that Groove Music and Windows Media Player can't play WAV files either. VLC can play WAV thought. Other programs that play music, Spotify, YouTube etc work fine. Changing volume...
  8. Cannot Play WAV files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot Play WAV files: I am running Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, installed on a Dell XPS 8930 computer, OS build 18362.900. Attached is a Western Digital external hard drive, where many, if not most, of my mp4 and wav files are located. However, for whatever reason, I cannot play any of them....
  9. play WAV file with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    play WAV file with Windows 10: Ive tried Windows Media Player, Groovie and VLC. All of them give me errors when I try to play an audio .wav file. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-wav-file-with-windows-10/3dfe3b5d-82cf-4b80-8d00-ec3916db05d6
  10. No sound when playing old .WAV files

No sound when playing old .WAV files: I have a CD with WAV files on it which are dated in 1994. When I go to play them using Groove or WMP they look like they are playing but produce no sound. These sound files used to play long ago (I don't remember when). Other WAV files ripped from music CDs work OK. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 cannot play wav files

2. wav files not playing on groove

3. issue with sharing wav files

4. .wav files not playing in groove,
  5. unable to play .wav file in groove app