Windows 10: wav to wma

Discus and support wav to wma in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I convert my wav music files to wma to play in my car? I want better quality than MP3. I think I can do it in MS 10 but, just not sure how.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jiffy E, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Jiffy E Win User

wav to wma

How can I convert my wav music files to wma to play in my car? I want better quality than MP3. I think I can do it in MS 10 but, just not sure how. Can anyone assist?

Jiffy

:)

Jiffy E, Jun 25, 2019

2. Windows Media Player and WMA files

I have solved my own problem. For those who are/were experiencing the same problem:

• WAV metadata can be changed through WMP. The changes to metadata is stored with the song and album art with the album directory containing the songs.
    • WMA metadata can also be changed through WMP. However, when I moved the files to another device, the album art did not show within my media player app.

To associate album art with WMA albums, use following steps.

1. Download art for album.
    2. Open art file in Paint.
    3. Resize to 75 x 75 pixels and save art as AlbumArtSmall.jpg.
    4. Resize to 200 x 200 pixels and save art as Folder.jpg.
    5. Move these two files to the album directory.

This seems to work. Good luck.

Matt

MatthewArmshaw, Jun 25, 2019
  3. BlumenDK Win User
    cant sync med WAV files.

Wont help, acoording to nokias own supported codecs:

DRM Playready

MPEG-4 AAC , eAAC, eAAC+

MPEG-1 audio Layer2 (MP2)

WMA Professional 9 and 10

MPEG-1 audio Layer3 (MP3)

WMA 9, WMA Voice 9, WMA Lossless 9

WAV is not there wav to wma :( what a shame, strange that WAV is not supported ?

BlumenDK, Jun 25, 2019
  4. FulvioDS Win User

wav to wma

mp3 to wma converter

Good morning,

I have to convert some mp3 and wav files into wma. The files are very long, so I cannot use Windows media player to burn a cd and then copy from it as I should use a lot of cds. So I was looking for a safe software to do the conversion. Could you please suggest
    me a good malware-free converter?

Thanks.

FulvioDS, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

wav to wma

1. wav to wma - Similar Threads - wav wma

2. is there a built in command to convert a recorded .wav file to text?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a built in command to convert a recorded .wav file to text?: I have a bunch of .wav recordings that i would like to convert to text files with a batch file on a win-xp computer . Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-built-in-command-to-convert-a-recorded/484c77b8-4b3b-4bd8-bd92-37d3af36897c
  3. is there a built in command to convert a recorded .wav file to text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a built in command to convert a recorded .wav file to text?: I have a bunch of .wav recordings that i would like to convert to text files with a batch file on a win-xp computer . Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-built-in-command-to-convert-a-recorded/484c77b8-4b3b-4bd8-bd92-37d3af36897c
  4. MS media player crashes when opening an audio file MP3 or wav

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS media player crashes when opening an audio file MP3 or wav: Windows 11.The MS media player application crashes when I open an audio file. Crash files are generated. However, the app seems to stay alive long enough to record the file name in its "recent media" list.Interestingly, I can play the files that are listed in the recent media...
  5. MS media player crashes when opening an audio file MP3 or wav

MS media player crashes when opening an audio file MP3 or wav: Windows 11.The MS media player application crashes when I open an audio file. Crash files are generated. However, the app seems to stay alive long enough to record the file name in its "recent media" list.Interestingly, I can play the files that are listed in the recent media...
  6. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  7. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  8. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  9. Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11

Convert a wav file to an mp3 in windows 11: Trying to convert a simple wav file - audio to an audio mp3 file. Without downloading some software. Is that possible or do I have to use a converter software...
  10. Both wav and wma files during rip

Both wav and wma files during rip: This just started happening. When I rip a CD, using Media Player, to my USB flash drive both wav and wma files of each song are being created. Rip setting is set to wav. During this rip my PC did freeze. Rip went on normally and I was able to do a cntl, alt, del to check Task...