Windows 10: Way of getting Win Media Player to play MP4s without installing KLite?

Discus and support Way of getting Win Media Player to play MP4s without installing KLite? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am wanting to play MP4 (H264s) in Windows Media Player. Normally you have to download and install relevant codec packs, e.g. KLite codec pack basic.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bansaw, May 9, 2019.

1. Bansaw Win User

Way of getting Win Media Player to play MP4s without installing KLite?

I am wanting to play MP4 (H264s) in Windows Media Player.

Normally you have to download and install relevant codec packs, e.g. KLite codec pack basic.

Is there an alternative to KLite, or just being able to install a unique codec for H264 ?

(related to DirectShow)

:)

Bansaw, May 9, 2019

2. Play MP4 in Media PLayer

Since Win 10 update I can longer play MP4 videos I used to be able to play in Win 7, using Windows Media Player.

Why has this function stopped? I thought win 10 was an "improvement".

This is the error message - Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.

I do not wish to use VLC player.

carrotmuseum, May 9, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows media player will not play mp4!

Who spends $5,000 on a computer to play .mp4s?

In any case, I have lots of .mp4s and they play well on Windows Media Player. If you've got an .mp4 that won't play, here are two suggestions:

1- download another copy of the file; and

2- ask the content provider for help.

BulldogXX, May 9, 2019
  4. grewetab Win User

Play MP4 in Media PLayer

To make WMP support MP4 format, you should install filters for MP4 format and its associated codecs. After you install these filters, all players that use DirectShow technology, include WMP, will support MP4 format. There are a bunch of third party codec packs on the internet that support not only MP4 format, but also many other common formats. Just Google "codec pack", you will find K-Like and CCCP are the most famous of them.

What if you cannot install codec pack? For example, you will play MP4 on other people's computer and you are not authorized to install any program? On this situation, converting your MP4 to WMP natively supported WMV or AVI format with Faasoft MP4 to Windows Media Player Converter is the best choice.

grewetab, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Way of getting Win Media Player to play MP4s without installing KLite? - Similar Threads - getting Media Player

2. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  3. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot play dvds in media player win 10.: I download the dvd media player drive when I had Win 7 on my laptop. My laptop crashed and had to reinstall win 7 and then up graded to win 10. The download for media player is not there. I cannot play dvds in win 10 Media Player like I could back in Win 7 after I download...
  4. cannot play dvds in media player win 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Media Player in win 11

Media Player in win 11: hi , i have just installed win 11 Educational version , and after that found that there is no media player as usual , so how could i download the offiicial WIN 11 media player...
  6. Uninstall current version of Windows Media Player and install Win Media Player 12.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall current version of Windows Media Player and install Win Media Player 12.0: I want to RIP CDs to my PC but the current version of Win Media Player does not have that capability. Is it possible to uninstall the current version and then in stall version 12.0. I have a IBuyPower 79C5FQ1, with 160 GB RAM and lots of storage space. Thanks...
  7. window media player not playing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    window media player not playing: hi my windows media player is not playing my cd / dvds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-media-player-not-playing/4ebe7a1e-b5f8-4a2c-a9ee-38dfe6511744
  8. Play MP4 in Media PLayer

Play MP4 in Media PLayer: Since Win 10 update I can longer play MP4 videos I used to be able to play in Win 7, using Windows Media Player. Why has this function stopped? I thought win 10 was an "improvement". This is the error message - Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might...
  9. Media Player in Win 10

Media Player in Win 10: Seems like .flac files skip in Windows Media Player 12.0 in Windows 10 50602
  10. win media player

in Windows 10 Support
    win media player: Ripped a DVD in windows media player --put songs in burn list (right column) put a blank DVD in writer/player-- clicked burn-start burn --windows 10 ejects the disk then states to put in disk and windows will automatically start burning process BUT it ejects the disk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant get media player to play mp4s