Windows 10: WAY off any topic, pretty cool actually, and I really miss it..

Discus and support WAY off any topic, pretty cool actually, and I really miss it.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Back in the day, when NT4 came out, and I used it as my desktop OS, a startup sound was available, as an add-on, hack, whatever.. It sounded like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KALAFUT, Apr 22, 2016.

1. KALAFUT Win User

WAY off any topic, pretty cool actually, and I really miss it..

Back in the day, when NT4 came out, and I used it as my desktop OS, a startup sound was available, as an add-on, hack, whatever.. It sounded like a (pardon my ignorance), either a Chinese or Japanese lady saying something. I tried all the variations of translating (with sound, of course) things like good morning, welcome, hello, etc., etc., for both languages, but could not come up with what sounded like (phonetically) HANNE-NATSA-NEH, or something close. Hey, it's been almost 20 years. Maybe more. If any old farts out there remember something like this or at least point me at what she was saying, even if it's vulgar, I'd love to find a way for Win10, OSX, any device to greet me like that again. Nostalgia, or insanity?

Thanks.

:)

KALAFUT, Apr 22, 2016

2. E72 Optical Key seems to make the Music Player useless ...

... given that if you go anywhere near it, it jumps towards the start of the track. However, if you disable it, then you can't focus the camera. Any workarounds?

And while we're on the topic of the Music Player, I find it pretty bad that you can't exit out of the application and then have it pick up playing where you left off. I don't mean let it keep going in the background - I mean actually leave the Music Player.
    This seems like pretty basic functionality. Makes listening to podcasts on the phone very tedious. Am I missing something? Is there a way to pick up where you left off?

GadgetAddict, Apr 22, 2016
  3. Off Topic - I Really Like N97

i love my phone too, tho not without its issues and some serious oversight of the obvious, my biggest niggle with this whole ordeal is of course the RAM ! nough said

radical24---01, Apr 22, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

I wouldn't have the slightest clue where you could find that sound file. I can tell you that if you find a sound file you like you can have it play when Windows 10 starts. In Control panel click Sound then click Sounds. Choose the event you want to chance then browse to the file you want to play.

Winuser, Apr 22, 2016
  5. RWOne Win User
    Insanity, and as an old fart, I can say that.

There were custom sounds for selection that you could get, or there was a mod for having the system itself speak to you, which from your description I'd say wasn't it.

But next to impossible to go out and find now, but keep changing the google search parameters ... *Smile

RWOne, Apr 22, 2016
  6. WAY off any topic, pretty cool actually, and I really miss it.. [​IMG]

This was fun ....

Welcome master

That's about as close as I could get.

Slartybart, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. WAY off any topic, pretty cool actually, and I really miss it.. - Similar Threads - off topic pretty

2. OFF TOPIC CAA50024

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OFF TOPIC CAA50024: Hi, I have just reinstalled win11 because my computer crashed. When I log into my work account, this error CAA50024 appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/off-topic-caa50024/b9b0d040-1822-4c41-9b3e-eae9889543b7
  3. OFF TOPIC CAA50024

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OFF TOPIC CAA50024: Hi, I have just reinstalled win11 because my computer crashed. When I log into my work account, this error CAA50024 appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/off-topic-caa50024/b9b0d040-1822-4c41-9b3e-eae9889543b7
  4. is there any way to actually get a person to help at microsoft.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there any way to actually get a person to help at microsoft.: its run around on the help page with no assist. phone number tells me to use the web where i get no help and i cant talk to a person for anything....
  5. is there any way to actually get a person to help at microsoft.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there any way to actually get a person to help at microsoft.: its run around on the help page with no assist. phone number tells me to use the web where i get no help and i cant talk to a person for anything....
  6. Bash on Windows, pretty cool!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bash on Windows, pretty cool!: [IMG] submitted by /u/laurensV6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/4egajt/bash_on_windows_pretty_cool/
  7. off topic inquiry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    off topic inquiry: Missing child cant get help from most of the community and its hard to locate father custodial interference and looking for anything that im not seeing i have gone above beyond and above to locate my son jahiem amir formally a wright but name changed if u have any suggestions...
  8. Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X shown running on a smartphone – and it looks pretty cool: Microsoft’s vision for the future of Windows is to design the operating system for all form factors whereby features can be tailored specifically to the device posture the software will be running on. This project was originally known as Andromeda OS and it was supposed to...
  9. Accessing help on any topic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accessing help on any topic: The feature if that is what it is called, ANSWERS does not do what it is supposed to do. It seems almost worthless; and worse is a horrid time waster. Simple questions like getting an overview of how to use Bluetooth to connect to other Bluetooth devices could take hours...
  10. Maybe a little off topic

in Windows 10 Support
    Maybe a little off topic: In what program could if find commands like: size=getRectangle(cmdWindow) setRect ( control, left, top, width, height, repaint ) setRect ( cndWindow, l0, 10, 200, 200, 1) Don Cole 133153