Windows 10: Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go

Discus and support Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Presently I need to scan a document twice to save as two different types i.e pdf and jpeg or even if I want to save in colour and Black n White... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Jul 26, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go

Presently I need to scan a document twice to save as two different types i.e pdf and jpeg or even if I want to save in colour and Black n White separately than also I have to scan two times. I am using HP scanning software for my HP flatbed scanner. Is there any way or other scanning software so that I could save the scanned documents in pdf and jpeg by scanning once. Same thing that to scan once but save in both color and Black n White.

:)

2. Scanner PDF save problem

I have an Epson Pro 4990 Scanner which I have owned for several years and has always worked perfectly. I can scan photos or documents in jpeg format and save to file, but when I scan documents in PDF format and attempt to save the document an error message
    appears telling me to restart the scan. I can not save a PDF document from the scanner. If I download a PDF document from a website there is no problem saving the item. I have reinstalled the Epson 4990 software, uninstalled and reinstalled Acrobat Reader
    DC, but the problem persists. It appears that a recent Windows update has changed my settings as the scanner was working perfectly in the Fall of 2017.

Very frustrated!!!!!~!

NEIL CGEST, Jul 26, 2016
  3. JohnFry51 Win User
    How do you get windows 10 to scan a document as a word file or a pdf

Original title: windows 10

how do you get windows 10 to scan a document as a word file or a pdf

mine keeps doing it as a jpeg, or is there a way to change a jpeg to a word file or a pdf file?

JohnFry51, Jul 26, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

In the past, I had noticed a certain pdf reader would generate a picture of the pdf page in the temp folder. So that may be a non-hardware solution that will save wear-n-tear on the scanner, albeit time-consuming.

As for color and black-n-white, I think a photo-editing program that can batch-manipulate color into black-n-white would be a better option.

pyramid10, Jul 26, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    Can you use the save as option more than once when you scan a document?

Winuser, Jul 27, 2016
  6. Wynona Win User
    Have you tried or researched any other programs, free or paid? It would be good for us to know what you may already have discarded. Because some of us will start to look for your requirements.

Wynona, Jul 27, 2016
  7. cereberus Win User
    You could simply save as JPG say then use print to pdf option from print menus - very quick - do it all the time.

cereberus, Jul 27, 2016
  8. sam9 Win User

No, once I save, it moves to next scan option.

9. sam9 Win User
    I have tried different scanners like Brother, Canon, Ricoh and Samsung with the software provided by the respective brand but not any other universal software as I am not aware of other software and it's capability.

10. sam9 Win User
    Many documents contents become unclear ( dim, dusky ) when print to pdf.

11. Wynona Win User
    Wynona, Jul 27, 2016
  12. sam9 Win User
    Sorry Sir, you did not get my requirement. I want to save the documents in two or more format by scanning only once. In simple way , after scanning there should be option to tick all the formats like pdf, jpeg, tiff etc.

13. Wynona Win User

First, I'm not a "sir"; I'm a ma'am.

Secondly, I did get your requirements; I thought maybe this app might meet your needs. Since I didn't find anything by searching PDF, I tried searching Jpeg to see if I could hit on anything.

Wynona, Jul 27, 2016
  14. cereberus Win User
    With the new tool in Windows 10?

I always find it works well. Plenty of 3rd party tools as well.

cereberus, Jul 27, 2016
  15. sam9 Win User
    Sorry Ma'am for my mistake. And thanks for trying for me.

Thema:

1. Way/software to scan documents and save as both pdf and jpeg in one go - Similar Threads - software scan documents

2. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  3. Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Saving scanned documents is 1 PDF file: I'm using Windows Fax and Scan in Windows 11. I want to put 5 scanned pages in 1 PDF file. After having scanned the 5 pages I select them and want to print to a PDF. However when I select 1 file I can select "Print". As soon as I select 2 or more files the "Print" option can...
  4. can you change a jpeg scan into a pdf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can you change a jpeg scan into a pdf: New printer, need to scan a document to email to someone that needs to be a pdf. Can a person change a jpg into a pdf. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-change-a-jpeg-scan-into-a-pdf/6f0316bb-93bf-4496-8f41-556a8a94fadd
  5. Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan

Scanning Multipage Documents into one PDF using Windows Scan: I just switched to a new computer and Windows 10. The software for scanning that came with my Canon Pixma multifunction printer doesn't seem to work in Windows 10. I am using Windows Scan instead. But I can't figure out how to scan multi-page documents into one PDF file. This...
  6. saving a scanned document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    saving a scanned document: ever since I upgraded to windows 10 my scanner saves my documents to Onedrive and makes them impossible to find. I uninstalled Onedrive but my scans are still being saved in Onedrive. How do I change that?...
  7. saving a PDF to documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    saving a PDF to documents: how do I save a PDF document . I have never had an issue before. But when I work on the document I have down loaded , save as a doc, when I open it, it's blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-a-pdf-to-documents/099e2bb1-5973-4ceb-9708-c0f04a1601fe
  8. saving pdf in documents

saving pdf in documents: I have windows 10. Several updates back, I lost the ability to save pdf documents in the document folder on my desktop. No following updates have corrected this problem. I tried signing on as the administrator, still it didn't work, I recently bought a laptop, windows 10, had...
  9. Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?

Printer/scanner is saving scans as JPEG instead of PDF. How do I get it to save as PDF?: My printer has always saved scans as PDF Now its saving as jpeg. And my Adoby (or what ever its called" can't open the file. How do I get the darn thing to save as PDF/ * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Opening a scanned item...
  10. SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS

SAVING SCANNED DOCUMENTS: I HAVE RECENTLY SCANNED A DOCUMENT AND SAVED IT. IT DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE IN MY DOCUMENTS FILE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/saving-scanned-documents/d684a970-0399-4422-ab9a-885e91ad5d9f"