Windows 10: Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

Discus and support Way to always see old file context menu on right click? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whoever1234, Mar 2, 2024.

1. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and always default to the original context menu available under "show more options"?

:)

Whoever1234, Mar 2, 2024

2. Custom context menu entries

So, just throwing this out there, in case somone knows.

I have added a custom context menu entry for the program rightload, since by default the menu is broken in vistax64.

It works pefect with single files, but when I select mutiple files and try to open, I get mutiple instances of the program (which makes sense), here is my entry:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Rightload\Rightload.exe --server=1 --autostart %1

So the %1 passes the filename to the program, and when I select multiple files it is just opening multiple instances of rightload each with a different file.

What I'd like to do is be able to pass a list of the files selected to the program. Since I know it is capable of uploading multiple files from the context menu, all in one instance.

So, is there something I can pass besides %1 that will do this? I have looked around and can't seem to find an answer anywhere... *Frown Way to always see old file context menu on right click? :(

ArmoredCavalry, Mar 2, 2024
  3. MarkC123 Win User
    File Explorer Context Menu

Changes to the File Explorer context menu in Windows 11 have made it more inconvenient for me to use compared with Windows 10. I use "New Folder" frequently and this is now 2-clicks away, in favour of a list of commands I never use. Is there a way to change way this context menu displays?

MarkC123, Mar 2, 2024
  4. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

Right Click context menu

How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default

Munesh Kumar B N, Mar 2, 2024
Thema:

Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

1. Way to always see old file context menu on right click? - Similar Threads - always old file

2. Way to always see old file context menu on right click?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Way to always see old file context menu on right click?: The new context menu for files is awful. It hides many of the options that I use most often, reducing my efficiency. Is there a way to hide it and always default to the original context menu available under "show more options"?...
  3. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  4. Right Click context menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click context menu: How to restore old Right-click Context menu in Windows 11 as default https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu/cdfdc643-2248-4080-9d73-4685d6fdbe15
  5. having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    having an issue with right click context menu always staying on as i click right click: i format the pc, itry clicklock other reedit tweak none fix it, now even after a format it does is on both mouse with without other usb plug, context menu always stay on unless i press left click "mouse 1" now i will waste many hour installing my stuff back and the problem is...
  6. Right Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Context Menu: Is there a way to edit it? Mine has things I don't need. Also, is there a way to add things too? And if can't edit. just rearrange the order of the actions. Win10 Pro submitted by /u/Frankie_Hollywood [link] [comments]...
  7. Right Click Context menu.

Right Click Context menu.: How can I change the size of the right click context menu? And can somebody tell me why the context menu changes its size automatically. Right now its showing like thispicture attached, earlier the width was less. [IMG]...
  8. Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to edit the right-click context menu for images?: https://puu.sh/GuB4M/6aee1a187e.png Would really love to remove "Create a new video", "Edit with Photos", "Edit with Paint 3D", and "Set as desktop background" since I never use any of those. submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz [link] [comments]...
  9. Right-click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click Context Menu: I click on ads on some websites and gadgets to give revenue to the service provider. Generally, I want to right-click, then click on 'Open Link in New Tab'. More and more, right-clicking is acting like left-clicking and taking me to the ad site in the current tab or doing...
  10. right click context menu customize question ** see attachment **

right click context menu customize question ** see attachment **: common a big company like microsoft it´s cant make any option more viable to change and personalize a symple option like that..