Windows 10: Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?

Discus and support Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can't believe in about 30 years of IT work I have not had to do this before. The company is concerned about the change in Oracles policy for Java,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michealgomes, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?

I can't believe in about 30 years of IT work I have not had to do this before.

The company is concerned about the change in Oracles policy for Java, they want to avoid paying a license for thousands of PCs worldwide if they can. They want to make sure that every PC has the Java Update Scheduler turned off because they are confused as to what version the licensing applies to. Unfortunately they have tasked ME with doing this. I have NO access to AD policies on the domain.

Normally I just open Task Manager, go to the Startup tab and disable it. This will only work if the user is in either the local administrators group or perhaps power user. They are not. Logging them off and ME on is too time consuming. I'd like to do it remotely if I can.

Anyone have a quick and dirty way of doing this? With a script or utility? Taskmgr does not accept command line arguments, so that's out.

:)

Michealgomes, Jul 12, 2019
  2. farlex85 Win User

Remote app for android

I recently traded in my iphone for an android, and just realized that hippo remote is iphone only. I'm looking for a similar app for android so I can use it as a remote for my htpc. Any suggestions?

farlex85, Jul 12, 2019
  3. HWCW2014 Win User
    After restart Outlook autostarts

Hi,

When I 'Restart or Power up' my Laptop (latest W10 build) Outlook 2010 autostarts.

As I don't want it to occur, I went into the Settings menu to disable the autostart. A number of Apps are listed but not Outlook, hence I can't disable it.

Are there any other methods?

Thank you.

HWCW2014, Jul 12, 2019
  4. Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?

E52 Autostart Applications

Hi,

I installed fring on E52 and everytime i restart the phone, the fring
    application tries to start up and connect to internet, how do i find out the list of autostart programs and services and how to disable their autostart feature?

Thanks,

ham33d---01, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs?

1. Way to disable autostart app on remote PCs? - Similar Threads - disable autostart app

2. How disable autostart Teams?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How disable autostart Teams?: New PC w/ Windows 11 Pro 22H2. One admin login and one limited user. Only local accounts, but some Microsoft apps are signed in to a consumer live.com account. On each new login, both a New Teams and an old Teams launch. I don't want them to launch. All guidance I've found is...
  3. How disable autostart Teams?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How disable autostart Teams?: New PC w/ Windows 11 Pro 22H2. One admin login and one limited user. Only local accounts, but some Microsoft apps are signed in to a consumer live.com account. On each new login, both a New Teams and an old Teams launch. I don't want them to launch. All guidance I've found is...
  4. Autostart apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autostart apps: How can I disable the word application automatically open when i turn on my machine? Sandra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autostart-apps/dd1b2bcc-5d67-4109-abd4-e0fcdcb80459
  5. Autostart apps

Autostart apps: How can I disable the word application automatically open when i turn on my machine? Sandra https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autostart-apps/cb5e6abe-52e9-4cf1-9b7b-3768815e1833
  6. Apps started to disappear from autostart

Apps started to disappear from autostart: Hi. Today I noticed that half of my apps started to disappear from autostart, for example Steam, OneDrive or Backup and sync from Google. They are also missing on startup tab in task manager. I need to turn on autostart manually in every app which disappeared then it shows...
  7. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?: I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB. Forza Horizons 4 just came out. Quote: Approximate size 63.28 GB So, as you can see, I have an issue....
  8. Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there finally a way to copy MS Store apps between PCs?: I recently moved out to the countryside, and had to give up my 100Gb/sec unlimited bandwidth internet, for Satellite Internet with a monthly cap of a whopping 20GB. Forza Horizons 4 just came out. Quote: Approximate size 63.28 GB So, as you can see, I have an issue....
  9. How to autostart an app in Windows 10

How to autostart an app in Windows 10: I have seen many requests for 'auto-starts in Windows 10', so I decided to just post this unsolicited procedure. 'Administrator' privileges required. 1. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the app resides. In the folder where the app resides, create...
  10. Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn

in Browsers and Email
    Disable Edge AutoStart with SignIn: Greetings, After receiving updates now Edge initializes every time I sign in. Is there a way to disable this from happening? Thanks in advance! 82314