Windows 10: Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization?

Discus and support Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a very slow internet connection, 600Kb/s. Delivery Optimization loves to eat that up whether I'm trying to use it or not, which can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by cchris43993, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization?

I have a very slow internet connection, 600Kb/s. Delivery Optimization loves to eat that up whether I'm trying to use it or not, which can be incredibly frustrating. A couple months ago, I could just go into Services.msc and disable/stop it. With one of the updates, Windows has taken that away from me. I'm now denied access to stopping or modifying DO via Services or cmd. I have DO turned off in the Windows Update settings, and I also have my connection set to metered (the only two fixes I could find anywhere else,) but it still uses the majority of my very limited bandwidth. Is there any way to fully disable/stop it, until I need to use it?

Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? 44a82c36-ce68-4905-b6ea-475b2d55207c?upload=true.png

:)

cchris43993, Mar 29, 2019

2. Delivery optimization

You may also try to disable Service Host: Delivery Optimization by following the steps below:

1. Type in Win + R to get the Run box.

2. Enter services.msc then click OK.

3. Then search for Service Host: Delivery Optimization.

4. Right-click then click Properties.

5. Under Startup type, select Disable.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Jenicel Dri, Mar 29, 2019
  3. das10 Win User
    Disable Delivery Optimization

I too have noted the same behaviour. But according to this Reddit discussions, Delivery Optimization is not exclusively related to P2P updates, but is also related to other MS update tasks. According to those discussions, Delivery Optimization service will not stay disabled for long and hence the cache folder we are seeing which is somehow related to that service.

I have turned off Delivery Optimization but it is still using my bandwidth?? : Windows10
    Delivery Optimization Service still downloading after turning off update sharing? : Windows10

das10, Mar 29, 2019
  4. Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization?

Disable Delivery Optimization

Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization?

HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization: “Allow downloads from other PCs” is turned Off.

With random frequency, my computer installs a folder called Delivery Optimization that contains a sub-folder called Cache that contains no files.

Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? 42152666390_70dc0a6a5a_c.jpg
    Delivery Optimization by Philip Mock, on Flickr

When I delete this folder I receive a pop-up that says I need Admin privileges, for which there is an option. I click on this option and the folder goes to my Recycle bin.

Sadly the folder re-installs itself after a random amount of time (usually a day or so).

I have also tried to disable Delivery Optimization in Component Services (local).

The first picture shows how I set the service to “Disable” Delivery Optimization.

In Properties I set Recovery to “Take No Action” and Reset Fail Count to 0 days.

Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? 42152668350_cdd3cc9f14_b.jpg
    Component Services Local DO Stopped Disabled by Philip Mock, on Flickr

This second picture is what happens after a random period, when the setting changes from “Disable” to “Manual (Trigger Start)” without my intervention.

Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? 42152670680_3c7bc41da3_b.jpg
    Component Services Local DO Stopped Manual Trigger Start by Philip Mock, on Flickr

The third picture shows what happens after updating my P.C., which I do manually as I have a Metered Connection – the Service resets to “Running” again.

Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? 42152672040_dbf9c63dd2_b.jpg
    Component Services Local DO Running Manual Trigger Start by Philip Mock, on Flickr

Is there a way to permanently set the service to “Disable” so that it does not restart itself, which also results in the creation a folder on my Desktop?

Pip

pipmeister, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization?

1. Way to fully properly disable Delivery Optimization? - Similar Threads - fully properly disable

2. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  3. Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it Safe to Disable the Delivery Optimization Service?: I have a Windows 10 PC and a Windows 11 laptop; every now and again, I notice this, but today especially, Delivery Optimization seems to be making non-stop connections to my laptop on Port 7680 I know Delivery Optimization is largely related to Windows Updates, but I would...
  4. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

How to permanently disable delivery optimization?: Currently I am struggling with delivery optimisation using up my bandwith. As well as Background intelegence trasfer service.To prevent delivery optimisation from running I have been doing this....1. Open Registry Editor.2. Go to...
  5. How to permanently disable delivery optimization?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to permanently disable delivery optimization?: Currently I am struggling with delivery optimisation using up my bandwith. As well as Background intelegence trasfer service.To prevent delivery optimisation from running I have been doing this....1. Open Registry Editor.2. Go to...
  6. Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process: The Delivery Optimization background process has been crippling my bandwidth for the past week or so, and it keeps automatically restarting itself whenever I kill the process. I need a way to permanently disable Windows from using this background process so it will stop...
  7. Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process

Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process: The Delivery Optimization background process has been crippling my bandwidth for the past week or so, and it keeps automatically restarting itself whenever I kill the process. I need a way to permanently disable Windows from using this background process so it will stop...
  8. Need a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization background process

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to disable Delivery Optimization service: After recent Windows update v1809 (Build 17763.79), I am unable to disable Delivery Optimization service. This constantly consumes by internet bandwidth in the background which makes the web surfing very slow. Whenever I try to disable this service it says "Access Denied"....
  10. Disable Delivery Optimization

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Delivery Optimization: Is there a way to permanently disable Delivery Optimization? HP Pavilion 570-p076na Desktop PC: Windows 10 Home 64-bit. In Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Advanced options > Delivery Optimization: “Allow downloads from other PCs” is turned Off. With...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fully disable delivery optimization