Windows 10: way to move page to different section in OneNote app?

Discus and support way to move page to different section in OneNote app? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Just like the title says - I can't seem to find any way to move a note page to a different section of the notebook. I know there must be a way... I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by sgage, Jul 20, 2015.

1. sgage Win User

way to move page to different section in OneNote app?

Just like the title says - I can't seem to find any way to move a note page to a different section of the notebook. I know there must be a way... I just can't figure it out. Anyone know?

TIA...

:)

sgage, Jul 20, 2015

2. How can I sync my OneNote notebooks automatically with my Office on pc and Skydrive too?

The problem isn't an inability to sync - I can sync and see all the sections and pages. I can even open all pages in sections that don't have the OneNote tags. However, the pages in a section that includes pages with OneNote tags will not open. They give
    the error referenced above. I don't know if the OneNote tags are the problem, but they are the only difference I can think of. Of course, I can open them with no problems on PCs (Win XP, Win 7) and iPad.

Kykdidge00, Jul 20, 2015
  3. Windows Phone 7 - OneNote Mobile Sync Error

It seems that this problem is still persisting with Windows Phone 7.5 using Office mobile apps OneNote.

I started getting this error (e000002e) on my Nokia Lumia 900 mobile a while ago, and as some people on this thread have noticed, some of the notes were syncing even while this error was shown. In my case however, some OneNote pages were completely missing
    and not syncing even if forced to.

I had most of my OneNotes in the default office web apps document "personal -> quicknotes" as pages. I didn't want to reset
    the mobile apps (or my phone!), so this is what I did:

• In Office WebApps in Skydrive I created a new empty section
      (by right-clicking the header) to the OneNote book that had the syncing problem.
    • I then moved all of the pages from the default section to the newly created section
      in the same OneNote document. You will lose the history information
      of each page by doing this, so make sure you got the latest versions in skydrive.
    • I synced both the new and default sections on my phone without errors and checked that all data was present.
    • I then moved all the pages back to the default section and synced again without errors.
    Now the syncing is working as it used to, I didn't notice any one of the OneNote pages causing the problem, but rather I'd suspect some errors in syncing / history data of the pages, as clearing them by moving pages accross sections solved
    the problem.

Juha-Matti123, Jul 20, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

If you mean the free Universal OneNote app, then it doesn't look like.

Instead, just click somewhere on the page and use Ctrl-A to select all, copy then create the page in the section you want and past. Then delete the first page.

Mystere, Jul 20, 2015
  5. sgage Win User
    Yes, that's what I'll have to do - pretty clunky. Hopefully they'll implement a drag'n'drop solution soon. The OneNote Web App has it...

Anyway, thanks for your reply - I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything obvious before I posted a suggestion in feedback...

sgage, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. way to move page to different section in OneNote app? - Similar Threads - move page different

2. OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved: Hello,I am trying to get assistance with issues with OneNote. I have been moving pages into sections, during the move most of them were going fine. Then 3 have not been able to move. They have now been duplicated and now I can no longer access them where I receive an error...
  3. OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved: Hello,I am trying to get assistance with issues with OneNote. I have been moving pages into sections, during the move most of them were going fine. Then 3 have not been able to move. They have now been duplicated and now I can no longer access them where I receive an error...
  4. OneNote not syncing pages once they have been moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  6. Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word

in Windows 10 Support
    Different Y in Page X of Y across sections in Word: Windows 10 version 20H2 Hi folks, my level of knowledge on Word is somewhere above basic but below intermediate. I can get around and usually do the basic things I need. In my current document I want to be able to number the first 10 pages (in a table in the header) Page 1 of...
  7. OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote 2010 notebook sections not open: Windows 10 version 1909. I have been using the desktop app of OneNote 2010 with no issues until suddenly last week when logging in - using MS account credentials as always before - all pages are no longer visible and "There are no sections open in this notebook or section...
  8. OneNote deleted section with password recovery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneNote deleted section with password recovery: Hello, Is there any way where I can recover my lost password-protected OneNote section? I tried going into the deleted note bin but couldn't find it there. I don't think that it is permanently deleted as it did not reach the 2 month period yet. I was able to recover another...
  9. Section Page Templates coming soon in OneNote UWP app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Section Page Templates coming soon in OneNote UWP app for Windows 10: Coming up soon, Section Page Templates in OneNote Win10! Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter 131619
  10. Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app

in Windows 10 News
    Now access your password protected sections in OneNote app: OneNote for Windows already offers the ability to add passwords to individual sections of your notebooks for increased security—but what if you want to access those sections using OneNote’s Windows Store app on your favorite device? Today, we’re excited to announce that the...