Windows 10: Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?

Discus and support Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Curious if this is doable via a third party app. submitted by /u/pincushiondude [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pincushiondude, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?

/u/pincushiondude, Feb 8, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

Try Ctrl+Esc.

If Recycle Bin is the only icon you can see, open it, from the explorer window navigate to Control Panel and find Taskbar settings there.

btarunr, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 8, 2020
  4. WhyMe Win User

Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?

how to bring window up to full screen

@2harts4ever

A suggestion if you really want full-screen function

• Right click on the Edge icon on your taskbar
    • Click on the option to 'unpin from taskbar'
    • Go to Start menu►Windows accessories►Internet Explorer and right click 'pin to taskbar'
    • Go to Settings►System►Default Apps►Web Browser
    • Change the default browser from Edge to Internet Explorer

WhyMe, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on?

1. Way to open Explorer / app windows in the screen I clicked the taskbar icon on? - Similar Threads - open Explorer app

2. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  3. Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking taskbar icon does not minimize app: When I click on a taskbar icon of a program I'm viewing it doesn't minimize. My old computer did this. Is there a setting I can change to make this happen?...
  4. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  5. Double Click to open Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double Click to open Taskbar icons: The subject says it all. I am used to double clicking everything and want to do the same on Taskbar icons. I tried switching to single-click on everything, but File Explorer underlines every file and folder when you choose single click., which I don't like, so back to double...
  6. No icons loading on taskbar, clicking on it crashed windows explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No icons loading on taskbar, clicking on it crashed windows explorer: When i boot up my PC from cold, the task bar loads in without any icons on it. it is unresponsive to single clicks. if i double click anywhere on the taskbar, all of windows explorer crashes and restarts. about 6 times out of 10 after the crash my taskbar icons appear and...
  7. Is there a way to make taskbar icons to open in a pop up when clicked?

Is there a way to make taskbar icons to open in a pop up when clicked?: Hi, just a thought, maybe it can be done... Like Mac or Android, can I pin a folder to the taskbar and group apps into it, and when clicked make it to open in a pop up showing all apps inside it?...
  8. Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open

Is there a way to minimise taskbar icons w/ an app open: I thought, in past versions of Windows, there was a way to keep application icons minimised in the Taskbar when the app was launched/open. If there is in v10, I can't find it. On my laptop Surface Book 2 icons do remain minimised. On my desktop computer, or when I connect...
  9. Is there a way to change app icons on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change app icons on the taskbar?: [IMG] As you can see I have customised my taskbar's program icons so that they look neat and tidy. I am unable to change the icons for programs which are classed as 'apps' by Windows however. I have scoured Google and tried everything I can think of but I can't figure it...
  10. Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon

Windows explorer opens every time I click a desktop icon: Since the last windows 10 Pro 64-bit upgrade about 10 days ago, every time that I click a desktop icon to open an app, windows explorer opens. Does anyone know of this problem and how to fix it, ie stop windows explorer opening automatically...