Windows 10: Way to place a window within a window?

Discus and support Way to place a window within a window? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am wondering if there is a way to place a smaller window within a larger active window that will not disappear, similar to what some tv's do when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by cainer98, Jul 23, 2016.

1. cainer98 Win User

Way to place a window within a window?

I am wondering if there is a way to place a smaller window within a larger active window that will not disappear, similar to what some tv's do when displaying 2 different channels.

:)

cainer98, Jul 23, 2016
  2. acryde Win User

Alternative way to look for a place

you're right it works. I was sure I tried it before and I didn't. My mistake,

thanks guys

solved!

acryde, Jul 23, 2016
  3. hayley_soh, Jul 23, 2016
  4. Edwin New Member

Hello @cainer98, welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Probably the easiest would be to run "Always On Top", a simple standalone utility written in Autohotkey.

Info here

Edwin, Jul 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Way to place a window within a window? - Similar Threads - place window within

2. Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?: Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-checking-for-broken-shortcuts/e4c577a7-2aea-4043-a814-d2eb94a8006a
  3. Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree?: Is there a way for checking for broken shortcuts within a Windows 11 folder tree? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-for-checking-for-broken-shortcuts/e4c577a7-2aea-4043-a814-d2eb94a8006a
  4. Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?: Probably there is no solution for the below, I ask it nonetheless.When launching applications, e.g. Excel, when launched a 2nd time - i.e. Excel running twice - then I always have to shift-drag the application in order to have the application displayed entirely. Windowed...
  5. Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?: Probably there is no solution for the below, I ask it nonetheless.When launching applications, e.g. Excel, when launched a 2nd time - i.e. Excel running twice - then I always have to shift-drag the application in order to have the application displayed entirely. Windowed...
  6. Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to lock the icons in place on the desktop?: I have a user with hand tremors and they inadvertently move icons on the desktop. Is there a way to lock down the desktop layout? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-lock-the-icons-in-place-on-the/38f7ed42-0479-4e53-9f31-d0f9bd95de0d
  8. Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a quick way to rename all files within a folder?: Is there a quick way to rename files within a folder? In my situation, all of the files have a date, that I update quarterly. Currently, I painstakingly select F2, End, and then rename the part of the date portion. So for example, if the folder had 12 files consisting of...
  9. Any way to lock a window in place so you cant accidentally move it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to lock a window in place so you cant accidentally move it: Hi there, For my job i have a monitor set up with a chrome window on around 4/5 of the screen and like a softphone agent utility that always stays on top. This would block part of the chrome window and would cover up a lot of usefull information. I have it set up now so the...
  10. Problem with Files Scrolling automatically when the pointer is placed within the pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with Files Scrolling automatically when the pointer is placed within the pane.: Problems with the Files Menu scrolling and unable to select files and folders that I want. The files I want, just seem to scroll out of reach. The image below illustrates what happens when placing the cursor over an opened file and attempting to edit. The window slides...