Windows 10: Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

Discus and support Way to re-create the Recovery Partition? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all...my nephew was futzing around on his laptop 'cleaning' it (he likes to THINK he knows what he is doing...) and deleted the Recovery Partition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Darkstrike, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

Hi all...my nephew was futzing around on his laptop 'cleaning' it (he likes to THINK he knows what he is doing...) and deleted the Recovery Partition to save space, but now wants it back in case of a problem down the road. It's running the most recent version of Win10 Home. It was NOT the factory Acer recovery partition - his hard drive had died awhile back and I had installed a new drive and done a fresh install of Win10, so it is the default recovery partition Win10 makes on a fresh install.

For reference (this screenshot is from MY computer, but you get the idea), I am talking about the one you see in the 'Disk Management' window:

Way to re-create the Recovery Partition? [​IMG]

He had 'grown' the main partition 'over' where the Recovery Partition used to be. I shrank the main partition back to what it was before he had deleted the Recovery Partition and now have some nice unallocated space sitting there for me to put the Recovery Partition back into.

Is there an easy way to get this back short of reinstalling Windows from scratch? Thanks! Way to re-create the Recovery Partition? :)

And no, I don't just want a USB drive with the recovery tools. I have those already, but he and I both want the recovery partition back as it can come in handy once and awhile!

Cheers! *Biggrin

:)

Darkstrike, Jan 27, 2020
  2. Anusha Win User

How To: Create recovery partition.

it worked when i copied all the files of the disk to the recovery partition i created, but i had to use WinPE tab to add the entry.

Type: WIM Image (Ramdisk)
    Name: Recovery
    Path: Z:\Sources\boot.wim
    and hit Add Entry
    I tried it in VirtualBox and it worked.
    At first, it would add a second "Windows 7" entry to the list, but when the installation is finished, the old one is deleted. (I formatted only C: partition)

Anusha, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    How To: Create recovery partition.

For awhile I had been wondering how to create a recovery partition to reinstall windows without the need do find my thumb drive or disk, or hell burn another. With that in mind i figured others would also like to know. Therefor I have created this Video (720P processing of vid can take upto 30min from orig post date stamp, quality will improve) and thread on how to create a BASIC recovery partition to install/repair a windows installation using a new or existing hard drive. Without the need to buy software.

Creating a recovery Partition

Creating and restoring from a current image​

[yt]3iZHR2q7T-8[/yt]​
    Feel free to sticky if you find it appropriate.

Solaris17, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

Win 7 sys. recovery partition

So is there a way to create a 100Mb partition where windows will recognize it as the system recovery partition.

t77snapshot, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

Way to re-create the Recovery Partition?

1. Way to re-create the Recovery Partition? - Similar Threads - create Recovery Partition

2. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  3. Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a recovery PARTITION NOT USB: My installed system on a new computer, has a 1.73gb partition on the SSD called "recovery Partition", but, the only references/utilities/apps I can find will only create a recovery "drive" on an external USB/disk.What's the go??What's the point of this partition taking up...
  4. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  5. How to create a recovery partition?

How to create a recovery partition?: Let's say I was able to download the Win10 iso from herehttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10I am fully aware that recovery Image and recovery drive is completely different from recovery partition - I want to have my system to gain ability of oem pc to...
  6. How to create a recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  8. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...: if I deleted the "healthy recovery partition" then I reset the windows with "install windows 10 from the internet" will that re-create the deleted "healthy recovery partition"?...
  9. Will "healthy recovery partition" will be re-created if I re-installed windows 10 from the...

10. Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-Create that 450MB Recovery Partition?: In a fit of over zealous tidying up after installing Win 10 on my lappie, I deleted the 450MB Recovery Partition that the upgrade from Windows 7 created at the end of the main partition. 1) What was actually in that partition and why would I want it. 2) If I do want it,...