Windows 10: Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

Discus and support Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Whether by reg-edit or script or even a default template, I just need a simple way to force everything from Access to Word to always start out with... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by questorfla, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

Whether by reg-edit or script or even a default template, I just need a simple way to force everything from Access to Word to always start out with Arial 11 normal as the default font.

For years i have always handled this one step at a time such as changing the one in Word and Outlook etc by going to the program and changing one place at a time. It occurred to me that worst case, there has to be a default template or some other for each program.

All of our office 365 (40 systems) is a click-to-run version so each starts out at the defaults set by MS. My company insists on changing ALL of these to Arial 11. Regardless of whether than font looks best or not. People can always change what they need when writing the document. I just need to be sure they all start out at 'Arial 11 normal.'

By the way, i know that changing the default system font isn't what i want but if i could do something similar with Office 365 apps THAT would be the ticket!

:)

questorfla, Apr 1, 2019

2. Default Apps and Office 365 in Windows 10

Would someone from Microsoft actually type an answer to this problem, as it described? The lame suggestions given so far have not addressed the issue. Office 365 is installed, but when attempting to associate files with Office 365, there is not a choice given
    to choose an Office 365 program.

What is a user to do to get an xlsx or docx file to open with Excel 2016 or Word 2016 when the "Choose default apps" in settings is not recognizing that Office 365 exists?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

JLingenfelder, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Default Apps and Office 365 in Windows 10

Same here. Trying to set the default app by file type only lists two options: the desktop version & "Search Windows App Store"

This is crazy. How do you release windows 10 without first confirming that it connects with Office 365? Big mistake, HUUUGE (Donald Trump tone)

BossOfWar407, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

Cortana & Office 365 Integration

We are trying to integrate Cortana with our Office 365 subscription, but it never works. Here are the steps we have done:

• Turned on Cortona in the Office 365 Admin portal
    • We are using Windows 10 1703 – connected Office 365 service to Cortana
    Did the same on windows 10 mobile with no luck, Cortana says its connected to Office 365, but sees no data and we are getting zero errors

We went rough office 365 support first and tried all fo their suggestions, they kicked us over to Windows support which is currently closed.

We are on v1703 with all updates in place, it does not work on Windows 10 desktop or mobile

any ideas? I can give you all steps 365 support had us run through if that will be helpful

Thank you

Doug

Douglas Clelland, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

1. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default - Similar Threads - set Office 365

2. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?: Hi,Is there a way to make Arial as the default font for all users and in all the applications that they use including OFFICE 365, Outlook, Adobe and many more to name.I just want to make sure that it is set as the default, I do not see any easy way to do this and is there...
  3. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?: Hi,Is there a way to make Arial as the default font for all users and in all the applications that they use including OFFICE 365, Outlook, Adobe and many more to name.I just want to make sure that it is set as the default, I do not see any easy way to do this and is there...
  4. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    can default settings for Office 365 programs be copied?: When my office computer needed to be rebuilt this week, Office 365's programs (Word, Excel, Outlook) were installed from scratch so I don't have ANY of my MANY defaults/personalizations/etc. but I still have access to my previous hard drive. Is there anywhere I can find...
  6. Use Office 365 Web Apps Offline

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Use Office 365 Web Apps Offline: I have an Office 365 Home subscription and was wondering if I can use the Web versions of Word and Excel when not connected to the Internet like you can when using Googles Doc's and Sheets? I know I can install the full office package but I don't really need the full full...
  7. Office 365 as well a Office Show in Setting/Apps

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 365 as well a Office Show in Setting/Apps: I just noticed that both Office 365 and plain old Office show up in Settings/Apps and I wonder why? As far as I know I installed and use only 365 (Outlook, Word and Excel) not Office. Any idea how 'Office' got in the Apps list as well as my Start menu. Can I uninstall it?...
  8. Office 365 Apps cannot be chose as default apps

Office 365 Apps cannot be chose as default apps: I recently downloaded office 2010 but it changed the default office version as 2010. When I try to change this in settings->choose a default app for each type of file (Windows 10), I cannot find the Office 365 Apps (like Word, Excel...) while other apps are shown. I would...
  9. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default: Whether by reg-edit or script or even a default template, I just need a simple way to force everything from Access to Word to always start out with Arial 11 normal as the default font. For years i have always handled this one step at a time such as changing the one in Word...
  10. Installed Office 365 but Setting to make it Default App does not work

Installed Office 365 but Setting to make it Default App does not work: I had an Office 2010 then installed Office 365 Clicking on files like .docx would open under 2010, so I tried the following * uninstalled 2010 * both short & long repair procedures for Office 365 (under the Settings Apps) * lots of experimentation with Setting Default...