Windows 10: Ways to add a language to Win10 without using Windows Update?

Discus and support Ways to add a language to Win10 without using Windows Update? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Looking into making a custom language pack for Win10 for a prank. Can't see a way to add a language pack in Win10 without using MS update. Is there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ABigRedBall, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Ways to add a language to Win10 without using Windows Update?

Looking into making a custom language pack for Win10 for a prank. Can't see a way to add a language pack in Win10 without using MS update. Is there anyway to directly add a language pack in Win10 via a shell command or anything? Used to be able to add languages as separate files in older versions of Windows

submitted by /u/ABigRedBall
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ABigRedBall, Jul 9, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jul 9, 2020
  3. How to add English/ German language packs on Windows 10?

Hi Sveta,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

I suggest you to try the below steps to change/add the language and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click Settings. Select the
      Time and Language Icon.
    • In the next window, click Region and Language. Click
      Add A Language
    • Select the language (English/ German) you want to use. This will add the language to the
      Region and Language window.
    • Click the Language that you added and select the Add As Default button. You can also click the
      Options Button and add a keyboard for the new language.

Reference: Language packs

Also, refer to Language Control Panel to change the system language.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Ways to add a language to Win10 without using Windows Update?

Can't add language

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand he inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if that helps.

Method 1: Set Display Language.

Refer to the link below to set your display language

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/how-to-add-an-input-language-to-your-pc#v1h=tab02

Method 2:

I suggest that you try the steps below and check if the issue still persist.

• On the search bar type “Control Panel” and then go to “Clock, Language and Region”.
    • Click on “Language” and on the left pane, locate “Advance Settings” and click on it.
    • Locate “Override on Default Input Method” click on the drop down box and choose your preferred language.
    • Click on “OK” and restart your system and check if it resolves your issue.

Hope the information helps. please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

Ways to add a language to Win10 without using Windows Update?

1. Ways to add a language to Win10 without using Windows Update? - Similar Threads - Ways add language

2. Is there an easier way to add a simple, digital clock to my W10 desktop without using a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easier way to add a simple, digital clock to my W10 desktop without using a...: This may have been covered before, but after searching all over the place, I haven't found a satisfactory solution. I don't want to have to have a live wallpaper running in the background, just want a simple clean digital clock, something similar to the second picture, which...
  3. Is there an easier way to add a simple, digital clock to my W10 desktop without using a...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easier way to add a simple, digital clock to my W10 desktop without using a...: This may have been covered before, but after searching all over the place, I haven't found a satisfactory solution. I don't want to have to have a live wallpaper running in the background, just want a simple clean digital clock, something similar to the second picture, which...
  4. Add a Language pack in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a Language pack in Windows: Split from this thread. I have some trouble with the new update too. My window edition is Window 10 pro, in the new update, it makes the connection of Bluetooth headphone becomes really bad it's still ok in the last version even the sound is a little small and another...
  5. Is there a way to use cortana without changing the whole OS language

in Cortana
    Is there a way to use cortana without changing the whole OS language: My mother tongue is Turkish but I can speak English, too. So can I use Cortana without changing the OS language to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-use-cortana-without-changing-the/05b3866e-d4e5-4be2-af05-c65436807d22
  6. Is there a way to change language in Windows 10 Home Single language without having to pay...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is there a way to change language in Windows 10 Home Single language without having to pay...: Hello, beautiful community. I bought a Lenovo here in Mexico and it has Windows 10 Home Single language. I mostly work with apps in English because for me, it's an easier way to learn from tutorials. But my problem is that a lot of my apps get installed in Spanish because...
  7. add display language

in Windows 10 Support
    add display language: I have previously successfully added Russian to English as display languages. I now want to add Arabic but the same instructions I used to add Russian, direct me to steps that don't exist, i.e. go to settings or control panel, then time and language which is not an option...
  8. How to add or update the font package for a specific language in Win10?

How to add or update the font package for a specific language in Win10?: I bought my Surface Pro in U.S., it should be an American version. I prefer to use English as the system and software language, but I'm Chinese, stay in China for most of my time, and browse Chinese website a lot. Then I found that in many Chinese websites there are many...
  9. Add a new language to Windows

Add a new language to Windows: Hi all, I'm using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 and I'm trying to create a keyboard for my language, the Venetan (spoken in the Veneto region of Italy). Unfortunately I have no way to choose the language Venetan because it does not exist, and choosing the Italian and...
  10. Add a Language in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add a Language in Windows 10: How to: Add a Language in Windows 10 How to Add a Language in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can add different languages to install and use for the keyboard layout. See also: Language packs | Windows Support This tutorial will show you how to add a language to use...