Windows 10: Ways to check your current Defender Antimalware Platform Version

Discus and support Ways to check your current Defender Antimalware Platform Version in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; With all these sfc /scannow hash corruption issues tied to updates in Defender's Antimalware Platform it's helpful to know what you're currently... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Farvatten, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Farvatten Win User

Ways to check your current Defender Antimalware Platform Version

With all these sfc /scannow hash corruption issues tied to updates in Defender's Antimalware Platform it's helpful to know what you're currently running and when it was installed:

Option One: The Defender Install Platform Folders

C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows Defender/Platform/

These are created with each new update and labeled with version numbers. The most recent folder is the currently installed platform. This quickly shows when the update occurred. I put this file link in my Firefox menu favorites:

file:///C:/ProgramData/Microsoft/Windows%20Defender/Platform/

Ways to check your current Defender Antimalware Platform Version [​IMG]

Option Two: Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Settings > About

Note: Date information is not provided

Cumulative Update KB4507453 Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.239 - July 9

You can also get version and date information for the Antimalware Client itself in Settings > Update & Security > View Update History > Definition Updates, as well as in the Reliability Monitor ( if enabled ):

:)

Farvatten, Jul 19, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Defender antimalware client update

In Windows 10 version 1709, os build 16299.192, checking for updates shows a new update for the Windows Defender antimalware platform, to version 4.12.17007.18011

Installed without a problem, no restart required. Defender before updating...

After the update...

As with previous antimalware client updates, the update doesn't show in Update History. It can be seen in Reliability History.

Edit: 1st March - another update has been issued, version 4.12.17007.18022. Seems this is to be a regular monthly event.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4...lware-platform

3. Does it include update for antimalware platform?

Does "WDA" stand for "Windows Defender Antimalware"?
    When I say "antimalware platform", I mean "Windows Defender antimalware platform".

Matthew Wai, Jul 19, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Defender Antimalware version update on Windows 10 1803

I'm waiting for the bugs to be ironed out (mostly) for the official release. Ways to check your current Defender Antimalware Platform Version :)

The antimalware platform gets routine updates on 'Patch Tuesday' these days...

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4...lware-platform

Thema:

1. Ways to check your current Defender Antimalware Platform Version - Similar Threads - Ways check current

2. Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Refuses to Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Have been trying for weeks to get this update. Keeps failing. Have tried all recommended so-called fixes found here and elsewhere. Error 0x80070643Windows 10 on an HP ENVY with Intel Core i7 that is not qualified to upgrade to Windows 11...
  3. Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Hello,Every time I try to re-update / check for updates in Windows 10 OS, it shows "Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version 4.18.2210.6" available. And when it starts to install, it gets stuck at 0% for several minutes then it shows...
  4. Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...: Hello,Every time I try to re-update / check for updates in Windows 10 OS, it shows "Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version 4.18.2210.6" available. And when it starts to install, it gets stuck at 0% for several minutes then it shows...
  5. Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 Version...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform

Update for Windows Defender antimalware platform: Your recent update is preventing our Win10 machine from working. It boots eventually and them hangs. Inspection via 'task manager' identifies Win defender as the issue. This is your recommended fix...
  7. Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antimalware Platform for Windows Defender update: The antimalware platform for Windows Defender has been updated today to v4.18.1910.4 You can get it here at Microsoft's Catalog: x86. x64 ARM64 I hope I am not mistaken and that is the correct order: Check file details for architecture. 143395
  8. Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...

Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...: How can I solve this problem? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-for-windows-defender-antivirus-antimalware/2becd50d-04a1-48f9-b6ff-34bfcc521dd9
  9. Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...: Please help to resolve the update issue which has been pending for long time. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/update-for-windows-defender-antivirus-antimalware/d5ef3830-226f-4f2b-af78-1dcfd840f65b
  10. Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...

Update for Windows Defender Antivirus antimalware platform - KB4052623 (Version...: I have tried so many solutions for this. None of those work. Windows defender updates has been issue since I've installed this. Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 Installed on 16.5.2018 OS Build 17134.254 List of post what i've tried:...