Windows 10: Ways to disable Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Ways to disable Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The symptoms are getting worse... My laptop restarts for updates every 2-3 days now, during "active hours" and without notice. There seems to be no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Martijn van den Ende, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Ways to disable Windows 10 updates

The symptoms are getting worse... My laptop restarts for updates every 2-3 days now, during "active hours" and without notice. There seems to be no willingness from Microsoft to address this in the future. I have lost so much work and productivity already that the time has come for more drastic measures. I would like to disable automatic updates. I'm willing to take my chances against hackers and virtual terrorists; I'd rather have my computer participate in a clandestine bitcoin farming operation than to receive near-daily updates and associated reboots.

Setting my network as a metered connection interferes with my cloud synchronisation clients, so I'd prefer a more surgical approach, like altering registry keys or services. Could anyone point me to some reliable resources for disabling automatic updates? Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.

:)

Martijn van den Ende, Nov 9, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 update being enabled.

Late to the party again... *Laugh :laugh:
    That would be incorrect. To disable updates, the service must be disabled. Windows Defender has a nasty habit of undoing users configs like that so you need to disable it first, then disable the update service.

If you're looking for an easy way to do this, see here;
    Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 for Windows 10
    There are all sorts of great config changes that can be made safely with that utility and all with just a couple of clicks. After setting changes a reboot will b e required, but that's to be expected.

lexluthermiester, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Ways to disable Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Ways to disable Windows 10 updates

1. Ways to disable Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Ways disable updates

2. Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?: I want to completely disable windows attempting to do updates unless i specifically click on the ''check for updates'' button myself.The only ways that i found to disable windows update end up breaking it completely and by extension makes me unable to download anything in the...
  3. Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?: I want to completely disable windows attempting to do updates unless i specifically click on the ''check for updates'' button myself.The only ways that i found to disable windows update end up breaking it completely and by extension makes me unable to download anything in the...
  4. Proper way to disable windows automatic updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable windows 10 auto switching?: In the words of u/24luej My Windows 10 installation (Ver. 1903) keeps changing the default audio output device from my internal soundcards' headphones out to another one when a sound device is plugged in or connected, like my bluetooth headphones. This is fairly annoying as...
  6. Is there a way to disable updates on LTSC permanently?

Is there a way to disable updates on LTSC permanently?: My organization uses LTSC for running specific tasks, so there is never a need for any form of the security updates, I tried to disable them in the services, but unfortunately it turns itself back on after a reboot. So is there a way to disable the update permanently?...
  7. Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to permanently disable Windows 10 updates?: Hello, I have been having issues with windows updates as I have a 2GB/day data limit I usually pause the updates but after pausing I can`t seem to pause it permanently with methods on internet and updates resume eating my data limit. Is there a way to permanently disable the...
  8. Is there any way to disable Windows update notifcations?

Is there any way to disable Windows update notifcations?: I can't update Windows because I get an error every time I try. Something about the battery power being low. Is there a way to keep from getting notifications about it? submitted by /u/BIGxBOSSxx1 [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?

Is there any possible way to disable windows 10 updater?: Alright, so every single god damn day now, ( this has been going on for the past 6 months ) I need to wait 2 hours daily when powering on my laptop, for the installing updates screen then it will fail, and say undoing changes etc. I am looking for a proper solution to fix...
  10. Any way to truly disable updates?

Any way to truly disable updates?: I have followed so many sets of instructions for completely disabling Windows updates. None of them work. Always, some day I wake up to a bricked computer. About 50% of automatic updates result in a login loop which I’ve spent 10 hours with support trying to solve and they...