Windows 10: Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

Discus and support Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Louie_stache, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate i7-8700k, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080 and 1TB Nvme drive, while the laptop used for Remote Desktop is 2014 HP with an i5 and 8 GB of RAM. While using programs such as Inventor and ANSYS the performance of the remote desktop is quite bad, slow and 30 second spans of being completely unresponsive, while on 200MB/s download, 50 MB/s upload, internet speeds. When using a colleagues, newer and much more powerful laptop when doing a remote session, the performance

:)

Louie_stache, Aug 8, 2022

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Aug 8, 2022
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

remote desktop

Hi.

My name is Ben

Independent Advisor

I hope to help.

If you are running Windows 10 version 1709 or later, the new way to enable and manage Remote Desktop is through the Configuration application. To check, click the Start button and select Settings (the gear icon in the lower left of the Start menu). Then, from
    the Configuration window, select System and choose Remote Desktop from the list of options on the left.

Make sure your PC does not fall asleep when Remote Desktop is enabled (you cannot connect remotely if your PC is inactive or off) and allow it to be detected on your local network so you can connect without knowing the IP address of the remote PC.

However, keep in mind that Microsoft is slowly deleting legacy interfaces with each Windows 10 update, so it might be a good idea to get used to managing Remote Desktop in the Configuration application.

For those who are new to Remote Desktop: the steps described here must be performed on the PC to which you want to connect.

MilagrosM2020, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

1. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance - Similar Threads - Ways Increase Remote

2. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  3. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop: I use RDP to access a very remote PC regularly. It is very remote, has a satellite connection, but generally is 60ms latency and multi MBit bandwidth. 90% of the time its practically as good as sitting at a local machine.I use Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac, and for...
  4. Significant performance issues with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways To Increase Remote Desktop Performance: I'm currently having issues with remote desktop performance. Currently my desktop computer used during the remote desktop sessions is adequate i7-8700k, 32 GB DDR4, GTX 1080 and 1TB Nvme drive, while the laptop used for Remote Desktop is 2014 HP with an i5 and 8 GB of RAM....
  6. Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?: Hi everyone, am posting here because have been researching on the internet on how to use Microsoft Remote Desktop securely without opening port 3389 by enabling remote desktop connection as I read that opening the port will expose your computer to security issues vulnerable...
  7. Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ways to remote into Microsoft Remote Desktop securely?: Hi everyone, am posting here because have been researching on the internet on how to use Microsoft Remote Desktop securely without opening port 3389 by enabling remote desktop connection as I read that opening the port will expose your computer to security issues vulnerable...
  8. A way to 'remote desktop' into a second profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A way to 'remote desktop' into a second profile?: Here's the setup. I have 2 profiles on my home PC. 1 for home stuff, another for work stuff, that I use on days that I work from home. I like to keep them separate, but I also would like to use them almost simultaneously. I'd like basically to be logged into my Home profile,...
  9. Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop - How to Increase Lock Timeout: I am on Windows 10 Enterprise. I use Remote Desktop Connection to remote into Windows 2012 and Window 2016 Servers and often move back and forth between my machine one or more remote servers. The timeout period, before the RDC forces me to re-enter my password seems very...
  10. Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Looking for a (convenient) way to increase CPU real time performance: I work in both Audio and Video. Latency in video editing isn't really a problem but with audio editing where changes need to be real time, latency becomes a problem. When editing audio I peak at around 40% CPU usage and can render audio nearly 400% faster than real time but...