Windows 10: Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

Discus and support Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Is there a way to make Arial as the default font for all users and in all the applications that they use including OFFICE 365, Outlook, Adobe and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by A1CIL, Jul 20, 2022.

1. A1CIL Win User

Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

Hi,Is there a way to make Arial as the default font for all users and in all the applications that they use including OFFICE 365, Outlook, Adobe and many more to name.I just want to make sure that it is set as the default, I do not see any easy way to do this and is there something we could get help from Microsoft in branding the font? Please, let me know. Appreciate your help.Thanks

:)

A1CIL, Jul 20, 2022

2. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

Whether by reg-edit or script or even a default template, I just need a simple way to force everything from Access to Word to always start out with Arial 11 normal as the default font.

For years i have always handled this one step at a time such as changing the one in Word and Outlook etc by going to the program and changing one place at a time. It occurred to me that worst case, there has to be a default template or some other for each program.

All of our office 365 (40 systems) is a click-to-run version so each starts out at the defaults set by MS. My company insists on changing ALL of these to Arial 11. Regardless of whether than font looks best or not. People can always change what they need when writing the document. I just need to be sure they all start out at 'Arial 11 normal.'

By the way, i know that changing the default system font isn't what i want but if i could do something similar with Office 365 apps THAT would be the ticket!

questorfla, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Arial font (regular) disappeared

I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font (which is also a default font for programs like R and Outlook). In trying to fix this, I went to Settings > Fonts > Arial, and discovered that
    the Regular face appears normal and links to the normal spot (C:\WINDOWS\FONTS\ARIAL.TTF). I then went to Control Panel > Fonts > Font settings > Restore default font settings. This also did nothing.

Finally, I went to the actual file location (c:\windows\fonts) and I am missing the actual Arial font. I have Arial Black, Bold, Bold Italic, Italic, and all four faces of Arial Narrow. I am missing a plan old "Arial" font. This has cleared up the mystery
    of why all my Arial text is italic (presumably the default has switched to Arial Italic), but I am left without a fix.

Is there an easy way to download just the Arial font file (or even re-download all the Arial family fonts)? I have failed to find a website that I trust to download a file from, and I cannot find some place on Microsoft's website for a secure download. I
    am also unsure of when this exactly occurred (sometime in the last month or so), so I can't figure out what caused this to happen. I have found a file in Program Files > Microsoft Office > root > Document Themes 16 > Theme Fonts that is Arial.xml, but I can't
    just copy/paste that into the windows\fonts and the settings > fonts > install fonts function won't let me use this file either.

Please help, it's driving me nuts to have all my emails and ggplot2 graphs in italics.

MeganHuber, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Hi,

We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when
    we export the PDF file but on some workstations it did not.

We checked the settings of both workstations on which font swapping happen and where it did not, but we did not observe any difference. Also, we checked the Windows Registry entry at,

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes\

We did not observed any difference on both workstations and the Helvetica was mapped to Arial.

Can you please suggest that how to make the default substitution for ‘Helvetica’ font to be ‘Arial’ font windows. Please suggest the setting which will help us to auto substitute missing Helvetica Font with Arial front while exporting PDF from Indesign file.

We are using Windows 7 & Windows 10 machines.

Adobe InDesign version is CS5.5

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Regards,

Shashank

Shashank_ae, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

1. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos? - Similar Threads - Ways Arial default

2. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?: Hi,Is there a way to make Arial as the default font for all users and in all the applications that they use including OFFICE 365, Outlook, Adobe and many more to name.I just want to make sure that it is set as the default, I do not see any easy way to do this and is there...
  3. Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ways to make Arial a default font for all users and all apos?: Hi,Is there a way to make Arial as the default font for all users and in all the applications that they use including OFFICE 365, Outlook, Adobe and many more to name.I just want to make sure that it is set as the default, I do not see any easy way to do this and is there...
  4. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.I know how to uninstall a font, but I can't read and find every 500...
  5. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.I know how to uninstall a font, but I can't read and find every 500...
  6. Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delete all user-installed fonts but keep all default windows fonts: Dear all,Recently, I installed over 500 fonts on my windows 10. For a reason, I like to delete all of them. I want to delete all fonts that I installed and keep the fonts that came with windows installation.Please Guide me as it’s an essential issue for me.Best Regards...
  7. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default: Whether by reg-edit or script or even a default template, I just need a simple way to force everything from Access to Word to always start out with Arial 11 normal as the default font. For years i have always handled this one step at a time such as changing the one in Word...
  8. Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default

in Windows 10 Support
    Way to set all Office 365 apps to use Arial 11 normal as the default: Whether by reg-edit or script or even a default template, I just need a simple way to force everything from Access to Word to always start out with Arial 11 normal as the default font. For years i have always handled this one step at a time such as changing the one in Word...
  9. Arial font issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Arial font issue: Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update. Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers. Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK. Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen....
  10. Default apps for all users

in Windows 10 Support
    Default apps for all users: We are in the process of building an image to deploy to over 500 machines. How do I set the default apps (IE 11, Adobe Reader DC, Photo Viewer and Media player) for all users on a Domain? I tried the profile copy and it failed. Also, is there a way to get rid of some of the...