Windows 10: WBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7

Discus and support WBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 4th WD Mybook attached to my Asus RT-AC1900 router that acts as a NAS drive. I run the following command from an elevated command prompt:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GaryTrermblay, Jan 24, 2019.

1. WBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7

I have a 4th WD Mybook attached to my Asus RT-AC1900 router that acts as a NAS drive. I run the following command from an elevated command prompt: Wbadmin start backup -backupTarget:\\AsusRouter\ImageBackups -include:C: -allCritical -Vsscopy -quiet

From a Windows 7 Pro computer, it executes with no problem. But the same command executed on and Windows 10 Pro system or Server 2016 system yields this error after creating the Shadow Copy: The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or application request.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

GaryTrermblay, Jan 24, 2019

2. Windows Backup with wbAdmin cannot be contacted after reinstall

Prior to my fresh install of windows 10 pro I had been wbAdmin to backup my C drive to a NAS.

wbAdmin START BACKUP -backupTarget:\\Bserver\nas1 -include:C: -allCritical -quiet

After the reinstall I started getting the error:

wbadmin 1.0 - Backup command-line tool

(C) Copyright 2013 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Note: The backed up data cannot be securely protected at this destination.

Backups stored on a remote shared folder might be accessible by other

people on the network. You should only save your backups to a location

where you trust the other users who have access to the location or on a

network that has additional security precautions in place.

Retrieving volume information...

This will back up (EFI System Partition),(CWBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7 :),(\\?\Volume{5fd8aafb-61b1-462d-bfed-d633da5b505d}\) to \\Bserver\nas1.

The Windows Backup engine could not be contacted. Retry the operation.

The remote procedure call failed.

To try to troubleshoot I went into the event viewer and I see:

The Block Level Backup Engine Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 2 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 300000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

It seems this is the issue as it happens every time I try to backup. Not sure how to proceed from here. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

BradyForcier, Jan 24, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2019
  4. WBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7

Can i backup a sysprepped Computer with wbadmin

Hi there,

i want to make a backup of a sysprepped system (oobe enabled).

Can i use wbadmin to create a complete windows system image to another partition?

I do not want to use any third party software to capture the sysprepped system.

Would be nice if i can use wbadmin for that to create a full windows system restore image.

When i boot from a windows 10 dvd i cannot use wbadmin to create a backup (some wbadmin features seemed to be unavailable in winpe).

Maybe someone knows a solution for that?

thank you

Dennis

d.jaenisch, Jan 24, 2019
Thema:

WBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7

1. WBADMIN backup error in Windows 10 but NOT in Windows 7 - Similar Threads - WBADMIN backup error

2. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 backup with Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have Windows 7 backup configured to run every Monday at 7:00 PM. Unless the computer is active at 7:00 PM on a Monday, the backup is skipped and scheduled for the following Monday. The laptop is configured to sleep when the cover is...
  3. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 backup with Windows 10: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop. I have Windows 7 backup configured to run every Monday at 7:00 PM. Unless the computer is active at 7:00 PM on a Monday, the backup is skipped and scheduled for the following Monday. The laptop is configured to sleep when the cover is...
  4. Windows 7 backup with Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Is it possible to backup a PC running Windows 10 Home on a network drive using the Windows 7 Backup feature? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-backup/3cb29150-cd17-457a-be58-ddae4366b6d7
  6. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Hello, I am noticing that when I make the Windows 7 Backup process Monthly in my case, on a network drive, except the WindowsImageBackup folder, it creates some extra files [ATTACH] KRAKEN is the name of my PC. Inside there is a folder with a lot of .zip files. I have...
  7. backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.

backup Windows 10 using windows 7 backup.: When I make an incremental backup in windows 7 after a successful complete backup, windows 7 backup always tell mein red that my backup is incomplete. So, I always have to reformat my external drive and redo a new full backup each time I backup. What's the problem?...
  8. WBADMIN Backup Fails

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    WBADMIN Backup Fails: VSS Error Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine IVssAsrWriterBackup::GetAsrMetadata. hr = 0x80070032, The request is not supported. VSS Writers List C:\WINDOWS\system32>vssadmin list writers vssadmin 1.1 - Volume Shadow Copy Service administrative...
  9. Windows 7 Backup

Windows 7 Backup: Installed Windows October 2018 Update yesterday (4/10/18) and was immediately unable to complete a Backup through Windows 7 Backup (media is write protected); however able to backup via File History ok, and completed system image with no problems (so media is not write...
  10. Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10

Windows 7 Backup On Windows 10: Windows 7 had a super and simple backup system. Windows 10 also worked with this. For a time. Now it does not and there does not appear to be a simple system to replace what Windows 7 had. I would appreciate anybody who is aware of how to simply back up my PC sharing this...