Windows 10: WCF Tracing File deletion

Discus and support WCF Tracing File deletion in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There is a WCF Tracing file on one of our servers in C:\ProgramData that is 44GB. It was not set up by me, but by a predecessor, I assume. My lead IT... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Thomas R. Stowe, May 30, 2019.

1. WCF Tracing File deletion

There is a WCF Tracing file on one of our servers in C:\ProgramData that is 44GB.

It was not set up by me, but by a predecessor, I assume. My lead IT Admin and I are searching for answers as to whether or not we can delete that file and not screw up the server. We both understand that it is associated with a service and should probably disable the service prior to deletion.

There is obviously a Listener associated with the tracer, but I've no way of knowing what it is listening for/to.

Bottom line, can we simply delete that log and not harm the service? Or should we just disable the service, then delete it?

Reason being is that it is hogging almost half of the hard drive, preventing us from updating/upgrading software that is vital to our company's operations and security.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Thomas R. Stowe, May 30, 2019

2. Traces

Trace malware is a detection which typically indicates harmless pieces of leftovers also known
    as remnants (registry keys, file fragments, folders) generally found after cleaning a previous malware infection. Traces are typically useless and not dangerous since the primary malicious file(s) has been removed. A
    Malware.Trace detection is just another name used by Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware and other security vendors for trace malware.

Performing the scans suggested by
    José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO should remove most of them.

quietman7 - MVP, May 30, 2019
  3. Files ZAM.. try to delete but files remain. These are TRACE files

I try to delete ZAM... files but they remain. These are trace files. administrator ID?

walterpertuch1, May 30, 2019
  4. Alden Rey Win User

WCF Tracing File deletion

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 30, 2019
Thema:

WCF Tracing File deletion

1. WCF Tracing File deletion - Similar Threads - WCF Tracing File

2. Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?: I was attempting to undo an action in InDesign, but had mistakenly selected my file folder that I was pulling files from into my project. Apparently, pressing CTRL Z in the file explorer deletes whatever is selected, and since I went into InDesign after deleting this, CTRL Y...
  3. Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did CTRL+Z delete my file folder without a trace?: I was attempting to undo an action in InDesign, but had mistakenly selected my file folder that I was pulling files from into my project. Apparently, pressing CTRL Z in the file explorer deletes whatever is selected, and since I went into InDesign after deleting this, CTRL Y...
  4. wcf ssl3 and windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wcf ssl3 and windows 11: Our customer has an installation of about 70 wcf services running sslStreamSecurity sslProtocols="Ssl3" on operating systems W2012 to W2022. He also has about 300 wpf clients connecting to these services.In addition, the certificates used in the system have md5...
  5. wcf ssl3 and windows 11

wcf ssl3 and windows 11: Our customer has an installation of about 70 wcf services running sslStreamSecurity sslProtocols="Ssl3" on operating systems W2012 to W2022. He also has about 300 wpf clients connecting to these services.In addition, the certificates used in the system have md5...
  6. Search for a free tool that can find traces of deleted files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search for a free tool that can find traces of deleted files.: Hello,Recently, after having encountered some system problems, I searched the Internet for a solution. Google suggested a few tools. I tried the one that was at the top of the search.Following the use of this tool I discovered with enormous disappointment that a large number...
  7. Search for a free tool that can find traces of deleted files.

Search for a free tool that can find traces of deleted files.: Hello,Recently, after having encountered some system problems, I searched the Internet for a solution. Google suggested a few tools. I tried the one that was at the top of the search.Following the use of this tool I discovered with enormous disappointment that a large number...
  8. Search for a free tool that can find traces of deleted files.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Migrate WCF to .Net Core API

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrate WCF to .Net Core API: Hi,The question is regarding - Whether it is required to move WCF project to .Net Core WEB API?We have a product written in WCF and with good about of business-rules are written into it. Though WCF technology is quite older and is Microsoft putting up the end-of-life/service?...
  10. Files ZAM.. try to delete but files remain. These are TRACE files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files ZAM.. try to delete but files remain. These are TRACE files: I try to delete ZAM... files but they remain. These are trace files. administrator ID? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-zam-try-to-delete-but-files-remain-these-are/42512d8a-0606-4aba-8329-949f0421886d"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wcf tracing delete log