Windows 10: WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo

Discus and support WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [IMG] My external hard drive is not being recognized by my Lenovo laptop? What should i do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SM5067, Dec 28, 2018.

1. SM5067 Win User

WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo

WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo [​IMG]

My external hard drive is not being recognized by my Lenovo laptop? What should i do?

:)

SM5067, Dec 28, 2018

2. WD my cloud - connectivity issues after win10 update

Hi,

I have connectivity issues with my WD my cloud mirror 4TB after a regular windows 10 update - I previously had win10 installed in this computer and there were no problems. I have read many threads in the forum
    but I have not been able to see this exact issue.

Summary of the issue:

• When I try to access WD my cloud through windows explorer it shows that credentials entered are wrong

• When I try to access WD my cloud through my web browser using the static IP address asigned to the devided, it displays a message saying that website cannot be accessed

• When I try to access WD my cloud through the official app, it shows a message stating that device could not be found

• This problem only happens in my main computer. I can still access WD my cloud from other laptops either using win explorer, web browser or the app.
    Things I have tried and have not worked so far:

• Change my WDmycloud user and credentials (using another laptop)

• Delete network connection (Net Use * /delete)

• Delete WD credentials using windows credentials manager and rebooting

• Use RegEdit (1. Create a Dword called 'AllowInsecureGuestAuth' in HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorks, 2. Set the new value to 1, 3. Then close Regedit and Reboot.)

Any suggestions are very welcommed
    WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo slight_smile.png

Many thanks,

AndrésGuillot, Dec 28, 2018
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    WD my cloud - connectivity issues after win10 update

Hello Andres,

We would like to check if you're still encountering the issue.

Keep us posted.

Riel Alc, Dec 28, 2018
  4. WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo

Lenovo 2 11 w/Windows 10 touchpad issue

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

This issue may occur due to corrupted or incompatible drivers, missing updates, incorrect device settings or hardware problems.

Method 1:

Let's first run hardware and troubleshooter and check.

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type “Troubleshooting “in the search box and hit
      enter.
    • Click on Hardware and sound.
    • Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Method 2:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to un-install and re-install touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Click on Start icon.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Right click on the
      touchpad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2:

I would suggest you to install latest touchpad driver from the manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo

1. WD - 2 Terabytes issues connecting to Lenovo - Similar Threads - Terabytes issues connecting

2. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WD external drive issue: I have a WD external drive that is recognized in Control Panel of my Window 10 PC but doesn't show up in File Explorer. The drive worked until recently with this PC and it works properly when used with my Window 11 laptop Many thanks in advance Keith...
  3. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD external drive issue: I have a WD external drive that is recognized in Control Panel of my Window 10 PC but doesn't show up in File Explorer. The drive worked until recently with this PC and it works properly when used with my Window 11 laptop Many thanks in advance Keith...
  4. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WD-My Passport 2 TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD-My Passport 2 TB: Hi: My WD My Passport USB hard drive shows as "currently in use", with a continuously flashing LED. This starts up randomly. I am unable to eject this USB device, and only way that I am able to stop it is to restart Windows. Is this a sign of its age? It is nearing Full;...
  6. lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue

lenovo yoga 2 11 touchpad issue: Windows 10 Pro version 1903 build 18362.476 Synaptics driver version 19.4.18.35 The touchpad worked flawlessly in the previous version but after the update of windows it stopped working I've uninstalled and reinstalled and then updated again and many other things but...
  7. Defragging a 2 Terabyte Drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Defragging a 2 Terabyte Drive: I have a 2 Terabyte drive of which only 357 GB is used, leaving 1.45 TB free. With that much free space would it be beneficial to defrag my hard drive? 126887
  8. Defragging a 2 Terabyte Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Defragging a 2 Terabyte Drive: I have a 2 Terabyte drive of which only 357 GB is used, leaving 1.45 TB free. With that much free space would it be beneficial to defrag my hard drive? 126887
  9. WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem

WD Elements 2 TB Drive Problem: Another thread (External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer) prompted me to post this. I've got the WD Elements External drive connected with a USB cable. Love it, works great. Until I burn a DVD with the OEM burner in the pc. At which point...
  10. Windows 10 on USB and a Lenovo Yoga 2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on USB and a Lenovo Yoga 2 issue: I have a Lenovo Yoga 2 laptop just over a year old. My Autistic little man was happily playing Roblox when it crashed. He turned it off and on again and the laptop says repairing disk errors and just stays like that day and night. So I have bought Windows 10 on USB as it...