Windows 10: WD ASR : Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted...

Discus and support WD ASR : Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is there any comprehensive source of information about this ASR rule. The known sources are very enigmatic and there is no information at all, how this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AndyFul, Sep 28, 2018.

1. AndyFul Win User

WD ASR : Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted...

Is there any comprehensive source of information about this ASR rule. The known sources are very enigmatic and there is no information at all, how this rule can be configured by administrators.

:)

AndyFul, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Owlcroft Win User

How do I find the application executable that is blocked by Control Folder Access.

I turned on Control Folder Access. When I run a application that is not trusted I get a notification that shows an abbreviated path due to notification length restrictions. I save it to view it under Notifications it is still not readable. I click on it
    to expand the message and it goes away. I have tried going to the "Allow an app through Controlled folder". Instead of showing a list of apps it displays File Manager expecting me to find the executable. Since I cannot read the path or executable in the notification
    I cannot add the app to the list of allowed apps.

Is there a log that displays the entire notification?

Is there a log of app names blocked?

Suggestions:

1. If you are going to use notifications to advise an app is blocked display the executable only. That way I can search for the executable.

2, Give the option of accepting/denying the app access in the Notification.

Wayne

Owlcroft, Sep 28, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin WD ASR : Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted... :D

P4-630, Sep 28, 2018
  4. Mohan B P Win User

WD ASR : Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted...

Age Of Empires The Age Of Kings Multiplayer Crash

Hi,

This issue might happen if the Windows Firewall is blocking the game from connecting to the LAN.

I suggest you to add the Age of Empires the Age of Kings, to the exception list of the Windows Firewall and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Control Panel.

• Click on View by in the top right panel and select Small Icons.

• Find and click on Windows Firewall.

• Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall in the left panel.

• Click on Change Settings, find and check the Age of Empires the Age of Kings box for both
      Public and Private Columns.

• If Age of Empires the Age of Kings is not listed, then click on
      Add and select the installed path of the game.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. WD ASR : Block executable files from running unless they meet a prevalence, age, or trusted... - Similar Threads - ASR Block executable

2. how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?: I wanted to install Ubuntu on external hard drive.I installed but it was not showing in BOOT option [l installed wrongly using mbr, later installed using uefi now its working]when it was not showing in BOOT option, I thought i have to manually add boot option by selecting ==>...
  3. how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to deselect [Uefi File As Trusted for Executing]?: I wanted to install Ubuntu on external hard drive.I installed but it was not showing in BOOT option [l installed wrongly using mbr, later installed using uefi now its working]when it was not showing in BOOT option, I thought i have to manually add boot option by selecting ==>...
  4. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  5. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet: Hello Team, We have an installer which includes .exe, few .MSI files and few .ps1 files. we zip the whole contents and upload it in our company portal. customers download from there and install. we are facing the issue of .exe, .MSI and .ps1 files getting blocked when...
  6. executable files getting blocked when downloaded from internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Trusted Execution engine ???????

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Trusted Execution engine ???????: I have an option in the bios whether to eneble or disable this Trusted Execution engineBut i am unable to Decide what to doIf i disable then i am able to see UEFI compliant system & Firmware in device managerI i enable then i am not able to see UEFI compliant system &...
  8. Executable file not running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Executable file not running: Hi, I have the following problem: Few months ago I wrote a python program that I converted with pyinstaller to an executable file. The .exe file ran smoothly. I got myself a new laptop and wanted to try the program, unfortunately I cannot start the program. Things I've...
  9. Execution file Blocked stating "Unauthorized changes are blocked"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Execution file Blocked stating "Unauthorized changes are blocked": Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...
  10. Intel Trusted Execution Engine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Intel Trusted Execution Engine: Who knows whether Intel Trusted Execution Engine driver is preinstalled on computers running Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-trusted-execution-engine/612090a7-06b9-48bb-b5f1-59f113b2a597"