Windows 10: WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive

Discus and support WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rich&rd, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Rich&rd Win User

WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive

I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive.

The drive is visible in windows 10 explorer and is recognised by Windows Backup.

Looking forward to your help. Thanks

:)

Rich&rd, Jun 15, 2019

2. Installing WD backup on Windows 10.

I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive. Any suggestions before I take it back to Best Buy for a refund?

Bhargav Makodia, Jun 15, 2019
  3. johnd2117 Win User
    WD drive not recognised by Win10

I have a WD Caviar Blue 500Gb sata drive mounted in a Digitus USB external enclosure. This drive has been working fine until I installed Windows 10. Now I get a message that the drive failed to enumerate, (Code 35). Can anybody help please?

I have tested the drive on a laptop with Win 8.1 on it and the drive works perfectly, so it has to be a Win 10 anomaly.

Regards John

johnd2117, Jun 15, 2019
  4. Overmind Win User

WD Backup Setup

You need to install WD Anywhere Backup on your computer, then you can set up a backup to back up your computer to the external WD drive.

There is a full guide on the WDC site here.

Overmind, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

1. WD Backup installer fails to recognise WD drive - Similar Threads - Backup installer fails

2. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WD external drive issue: I have a WD external drive that is recognized in Control Panel of my Window 10 PC but doesn't show up in File Explorer. The drive worked until recently with this PC and it works properly when used with my Window 11 laptop Many thanks in advance Keith...
  3. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD external drive issue: I have a WD external drive that is recognized in Control Panel of my Window 10 PC but doesn't show up in File Explorer. The drive worked until recently with this PC and it works properly when used with my Window 11 laptop Many thanks in advance Keith...
  4. WD external drive issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WD External Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External Drive: Upon initializing my external drive, i got a message "request failed due to fatal device hardware error". What are my options? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-external-drive/9ffc4c0d-9621-4b0a-9be2-eeddddb8e2fa
  6. WD discovery will not install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD discovery will not install: WD discovery will not install on my Microsoft surface pro x. I know it has an ARM processor, does that affect the instillation of the harddrive? just want to download movies to hard drive. please help!...
  7. WD MyBook drive compatibility

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD MyBook drive compatibility: Is my WD MyBook NAS drive, connected by ethernet to my router, compatible and usable with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-mybook-drive-compatibility/fde2cfe7-e808-4bb1-868d-776f18ced246"
  8. Windows 10 doesn’t recognise WD Passport USB drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 doesn’t recognise WD Passport USB drive: Hi there, I’m having trouble getting my WD Passport drive up and running on Windows 10. The Apps seem to have installed okay but I can’t access the hard drive through the USB drive. I read online that WD Passport is incompatible with the latest versions of Windows 10. I...
  9. Installing WD backup on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing WD backup on Windows 10.: I just bought a My Passport. I cannot get the WD Backup to install. During the process I get a message that says it cannot see a target drive. Any suggestions before I take it back to Best Buy for a refund?...
  10. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wd backup installation failed

2. wd backup not installing

3. my passport wd installation windows 10

4. wd backup not detecting drive,
  5. windows wont recognize wd backup,
  6. wd discovery no usb device connected,
  7. how do I get my passport back up on line,
  8. no backup targets found in wd discovery install,
  9. wd backup can not find home cloud,
  10. wd installer application.exe not found,
  11. passport back up results,