Windows 10: WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install

Discus and support WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just installed an m.2 NVME 1tb to add to my arsenal of drives, however suddenly my computer fails to recognize the HDD that was working right before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/stratguy98, Nov 28, 2020.

1. WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install

Just installed an m.2 NVME 1tb to add to my arsenal of drives, however suddenly my computer fails to recognize the HDD that was working right before the install

It's not recognized in the BIOS either.

I tried changing sata cables/ports... nothing.

Its being powered however, as I can hear feel it spinning.

What the hell? not sure where to go from here.

Thanks for any advice/help!

submitted by /u/stratguy98
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/stratguy98, Nov 28, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

WD Purple or Blue?

My suggestion, avoid the Blues at all costs. I wouldn't trust my data on a WD Blue if WD was paying me to use it.

newtekie1, Nov 28, 2020
  3. WD Purple or Blue?

Care to expand on the reasons against blues?

Shihabyooo, Nov 28, 2020
  4. WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install

WD Purple or Blue?

Explain? I have a wd blue with all my important data.. i have 2 of them actually...

de.das.dude, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install

1. WD Blue HDD no longer recognized after NVME install - Similar Threads - Blue HDD longer

2. HDD to Nvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD to Nvme: i have an old pc with a blue screen windows, and i just bought a new pc with nvme, is it gonna be okay if i plug in the blue screen hdd into my new pc? i just want to copy the data and then format the hdd, is it still possible to recover all my data from the hdd?...
  3. HDD to Nvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDD to Nvme: i have an old pc with a blue screen windows, and i just bought a new pc with nvme, is it gonna be okay if i plug in the blue screen hdd into my new pc? i just want to copy the data and then format the hdd, is it still possible to recover all my data from the hdd?...
  4. NVMe to HDD to NVMe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVMe to HDD to NVMe: Instead of cloning, I have a 512gb nvme ssd, I want to upgrade, could I flash a clean install to my HDD, from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-11-2023/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587 then remove my old SSD, put my new one in,...
  5. NVMe to HDD to NVMe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NVMe to HDD to NVMe: Instead of cloning, I have a 512gb nvme ssd, I want to upgrade, could I flash a clean install to my HDD, from https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-windows-10-11-2023/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587 then remove my old SSD, put my new one in,...
  6. Wd 3t hdd???

in Windows 10 Support
    Wd 3t hdd???: I found an old 3T WD SATA Drive in my closet - WD 30EZRX (on the label) I tried to format it and it says its only 2T. What gives? 170717
  7. Windows 10 Backup and Restore not recognizing WD External HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup and Restore not recognizing WD External HDD: I've recently upgraded from a Windows 7 Toshiba Satellite to a Windows Lenovo Legion Y540 -15IRH. I have a vast gaming library and file structure, so I wanted it all copied from old to new computer. I made a backup of my Toshiba on the WD my passport and attempted to use...
  8. Lenovo Flex 5 - problems with WD Blue SN550 nvme

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lenovo Flex 5 - problems with WD Blue SN550 nvme: I just purchased a new SSD Western Digital blue SN550 nvme 500gb storage. Was able to install windows 10 from a USB bootable but first time it boots it runs the winload.efi 0xc0000225. Trying to fixboot, disable secure boot, uefi to Legacy but always same result. Not even...
  9. WD SN750 nvme SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD SN750 nvme SSD: Hello everyone Just yesterday updated my HP 15-CS0053cl laptop to nvme SSD but the read speeds are not reaching more than 1.7GB/s and there is no option in bios for hardware settings, kindly help me to get the max use of my SSD Regards [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  10. WD SN750 nvme SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    WD SN750 nvme SSD: Hello everyone Just yesterday updated my HP 15-CS0053cl laptop to nvme SSD but the read speeds are not reaching more than 1.7GB/s and there is no option in bios for hardware settings, kindly help me to get the max use of my SSD Regards [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...