Windows 10: WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

Discus and support WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.657 Howdy Folks, *Smile Shortly after a successful Macrium Reflect full backup [SSD Primary Image & HDD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdUnionngarden, Feb 29, 2020.

1. WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.657

Howdy Folks, *Smile
    Shortly after a successful Macrium Reflect full backup [SSD Primary Image & HDD Secondary Files & Folders .mrbak] on my desktop the Book failed backing up my laptop.
    Disk Manager says it needs to be initialized (attached) and Reflect shows it to be empty (attached).
    -
    It's certainly old enough to be replaced. I will do that.
    -
    I'm hoping one of my friends here can suggest how I might salvage some files. I could take it apart and see if it will fit in my SATA docking station. (?) I'm guessing there *may* be something else to try first.

Much appreciation goes out to all who read this and to those who reply! *Cool

:)

jdUnionngarden, Feb 29, 2020

2. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools I have verified there is no problem with the Drive. It does not show up in file manager. I have tried
    to change drive letters but windows will not do it. Nothing happens. I have tried ejecting turning off the power reconnecting and every other suggestion including changing USB ports. Drive seems to be working fin but does not display as a drive on the PC.
    I need a solution that works not more online suggestions.

Thanks

GlennMacisaac, Feb 29, 2020
  3. xpac5896 Win User
    Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There are 2 problems I'm having.
    The first is that when I start Win 10 Pro, 64bit, I get an error message telling me that "The recycle bin on J:\\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive". It doesn't matter if I do either because the next time I start Windows, I get the message again. I did find a way to reset the Recycle Bin on the drive but it only lasts for a couple of days and it's back again.
    Secondly, When I'm in Explore, I noticed that the software that the My Book uses for security, password protection, is listed twice for the same drive, see attachment, and I'm thinking this should only show up once. Both instances of drive "H" are virtual drives. I called WD and talked to their tech department and the guy told me that this is the first time this subject has came up, maybe my machine is weird. I'm just wondering if this could have something to do with my first problem.
    At this point I'm totally out of ideas. I'm hoping that someone here could shed some light on either or both situations.
    Appreciate any help. Thanx

xpac5896, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Grownman Win User

WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

Win 7 showing 746gb for 3tb drive?

I recently purchased a WD 3TB green internal hardrive for backups. Upon booting into windows, the drive only shows 746gb's.

I've already gone into device manager and updated the Nforce Serial ATA and the bios shows 3000. (I assume that is for the 3tb's?)

I am not trying to install windows on the drive, but just use it as another drive for backup needs.
    I have tried to go to disk management and format the drive but it will not allow me.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Backup - WD 2TB Black
    Backup - External WD 2TB elements
    *Backup - WD 3TB Green

Grownman, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

1. WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed - Similar Threads - Book 3TB Cannot

2. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  3. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10: I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the...
  4. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

WD Book not recognized by windows 10: I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools I have verified there is no problem with the Drive. It does not show up in file manager. I have tried to change drive...
  5. WD 3TB HDD will only format to 2048GB with GPT (IT Professional)

WD 3TB HDD will only format to 2048GB with GPT (IT Professional): Hey Guys, New to the Forum's. I am really struggling with getting 3 of my 3TB WD Green HDD's to show up as full capacity. I have already gone through Disk Part with all of them and windows will only read them as 2048GB even in the Bios. They have all been formatted to GPT....
  6. WD My Book World Edition (White)

WD My Book World Edition (White): After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc. Plugged it into a switch and it's not being recognised at all, even downloaded the WD cd with the drivers and the detection...
  7. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  8. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...
  9. computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in

computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in: I recently bought A WD MY BOOK ,but now my computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in. What can I do? Other than the obvious 73680
  10. Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore

Problem with WD My Book WD Unlocker showing twice when in Explore: I have a WD 3tb My Book using WD Unlocker for the drive. I use this drive unlocked as I am the only one using the drive and no password required. There are 2 problems I'm having. The first is that when I start Win 10 Pro, 64bit, I get an error message telling me that "The...