Windows 10: WD Book not recognized by windows 10

Discus and support WD Book not recognized by windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GlennMacisaac, Aug 31, 2019.

1. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools I have verified there is no problem with the Drive. It does not show up in file manager. I have tried to change drive letters but windows will not do it. Nothing happens. I have tried ejecting turning off the power reconnecting and every other suggestion including changing USB ports. Drive seems to be working fin but does not display as a drive on the PC. I need a solution that works not more online suggestions.

Thanks

:)

GlennMacisaac, Aug 31, 2019
  2. PamMoncel Win User

WD My Book Essential

My computer will not recognize WD My Book after I have saved several pictures to it.

PamMoncel, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Windows 10 & WD Book- Drive E.

I have connected my WD Book to Drive E. On my Acer Laptop/Tablet. I downloaded a game. I have set up a folder in the Book as Games.

Windows 10 recognizes the Drive E. I do not have enough Memory on my C. drive as Windows 10 has taken up most of my memory.

When I went in to play the game on E. it was not there, and it had said that download was finished. The game was not on my Windows 10 either.

How do set up Windows to download to a file on my WD Book?

Can you please advise me.

Thank You, Janet

JanetYancey, Aug 31, 2019
  4. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

WD "my book essential" not being recognized in Windows 10

WD 2 TB My Book NOT Recognized by Norton or by File Explorer, but shows up in Device Manager. Also, when plugged in at boot up, it stops/freezes computer from completing. When it freezes, I unplug it and reboot. Successful startup w/o it plugged in. Once
    system operational and plugged in, it appears in Device Manager.

Steps taken to try find it:

1. Uninstalled Device, unplugged it, then rebooted and replugged in. No sucess

2. Confirmed drivers were up to date via device manager

3. Plugged into 2nd USB port, No success

4. Checked Windows Defender... nothing appears to block it there.

5. Checked Norton... nothing appears to block access there.

Started after Win10 update. Steps missed?

MaryW_NdAssistance, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

WD Book not recognized by windows 10

1. WD Book not recognized by windows 10 - Similar Threads - Book recognized

2. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized: Ok I have googled and tried tons of suggestions for a solution and nothing has worked. My WD External HD makes the connecting noise when I plug it in, but doesn't show up in My Computer.It is in Device Manager, but not Disk Management it showed up once there but I couldn't do...
  3. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized: Ok I have googled and tried tons of suggestions for a solution and nothing has worked. My WD External HD makes the connecting noise when I plug it in, but doesn't show up in My Computer.It is in Device Manager, but not Disk Management it showed up once there but I couldn't do...
  4. Western Digital My Book 1230 External Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  6. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor: My workstation is set up such that I have a Surface Book 3 SB3 connected to a Surface Dock 2 SD2. The SD2 is in turn connected via two USB-C to DVI-D dual link cables to two external monitors. I've noticed an issue that when I connect my SB3 to my SD2, only one of the...
  7. Surface Book 3 + Surface Dock 2 Not Recognizing Second Monitor

8. MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS Surface Book 3.0 USB port not recognizing my Rooful External DVD Player: The DVD player was working but not after a Windows 10 update, Build is 20H2. I tried the Rooful suggested fixes but the instruction may be out of date. The response from the SB3 is "Unknown USB device description request failed Properties. WIndows has stopped this device...
  9. my cpu does not recognize an external hard drive My Book Starts with WDBBGB

my cpu does not recognize an external hard drive My Book Starts with WDBBGB: I WANT TO KNOW IF THERE IS ANY PROBLEM WITH THE NEW UPDATE OF WINDOWS 10 I CONNECT My Book Starts with WDBBGB THE CPU DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT IN 2 DIFFERENT CPU I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM .... I CONNECT PORTABLE HARD DRIVE AND IN IT I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH READING...
  10. Windows recognizes e-book as Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device

Windows recognizes e-book as Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device: Dear Microsoft-Community, I have a problem when trying to connect my pocketbook pb361 with my windows 10 pc. In the device manager it is recoginzed as Linux File-CD Gadget USB Device and not functional. The error message when I click on the entry is: The drivers for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. western digital mybook essential wont show windows