Windows 10: WD Elements

Discus and support WD Elements in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please? 117424 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonBin79, Sep 6, 2018.

1. RonBin79 Win User

WD Elements

I have a WD Elements but have no idea whether it is a 500mb,1TB, 2TB or what ever. How do I find out please?

:)

RonBin79, Sep 6, 2018
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

WD Elements [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

WD Elements [​IMG]

cobrasl, Sep 6, 2018
  3. f14tomcat Win User
    WD Elements

Go to My PC, right click the drive pointed to, it's your WD drive.

WD Elements [​IMG]

You will get a screen like this. Ignore all the other stuff, it's from my machine. Click "Format".

WD Elements [​IMG]

You'll get a screen like this. Important....please read carefully and follow posted instructions.

WD Elements [​IMG]

Leave the red part alone, accept what is there.

Type whatever name you would like in the yellow box, anything. Don't make it too long. Just something that you will recognize at a glance.

After you have clicked "Start", the last step on this one, you will be prompted to continue. Go ahead. It won't take long. Just moments.

When done, the drive should appear in My PC, with the name you gave it, and as "D:" drive, and be totally empty.

Post whatever screenshots you wish, My PC and Disk Management would be nice.

Any questions? Ask before you start, please.

f14tomcat, Sep 6, 2018
  4. WD Elements

WD Elements external drive

I can not open my WD Elements external drive in Windows 10, please help

EdwardOtieno, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

WD Elements

1. WD Elements - Similar Threads - Elements

2. Windows 10 Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro and Adobe Photoshop Elements 10: I just set up a new desktop PC running Windows 10 Pro and would like to know if I can reinstall my Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 to this new computer without having any problems. Thank you for your help....
  3. Photoshop Elements 12

Photoshop Elements 12: I have photoshop elements 12 on a disc. Can I install that on a windows 10 computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photoshop-elements-12/8d624477-ac6e-4c91-9cf8-2a496a886494
  4. Photoshop Elements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop Elements: Hi, I bought my Photoshop Elements (Order 9177316668) from your shop. It seems that normally it is possible to download two copies of photoshop elements when buying the license (if buying it from adobe directly for example where prices are the same as in your shop). Now...
  5. Inspect Element ruining my ability to work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Inspect Element ruining my ability to work: I bought a Dell Inspiron 7586 Dec. 8, 2018. I do not use e last couple of months, I've noticed that when writing an email in Chrome or Firefox, the cursor will go crazy. In the midst of a sentence, it will jump up and insert the next word or letter in a prevEdgeious...
  6. wd elements se 4tb is not recognized on "surface pro 6"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wd elements se 4tb is not recognized on "surface pro 6": Hi, Can't operate my new wd elements SE 4tb on my surface pro 6 running Windows10. When connecting to the notebook, I can hear clicks from inside the wd device, and no recognition from the surface pro 6. Connecting another WD passport essential 750Mb works ok. Is this a...
  7. Premier Elements 15 Video Editor problem since 1809 Update

Premier Elements 15 Video Editor problem since 1809 Update: I updated to 1809 this morning and now my Premier Elements Video Editor will not run. I've tried reinstalling it from the disc, but it made no difference. Organizer will open. Any ideas?...
  8. Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal OneDrive elements left after uninstall: Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10..... have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone...
  9. Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can anyone help with info about WD Elements and Macrium?: All of a sudden I am getting Error reports when I try to do a back up using Macrium, please see screen shots attached. Will be grateful for some help? Kind regards, (Now 86) [img] [img] 126632
  10. Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can anyone help me with some info about a WD Elements please?: All of a sudden I am getting Error reports when I try to do a back up using Macrium, please see screen shots attached. Will be grateful for some help? Kind regards, (Now 86) [img] [img] 126632