Windows 10: WD Ext Hard drive does not register anywhere in Win10 Pro 1809

Discus and support WD Ext Hard drive does not register anywhere in Win10 Pro 1809 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED EVERY THING Ok so the bullet points of my situation: I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by texmcc, May 2, 2019.

1. texmcc Win User

WD Ext Hard drive does not register anywhere in Win10 Pro 1809

WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED EVERY THING
    Ok so the bullet points of my situation:

I just purchased a NexStar TX single bay 2.5-3.5" HDD dock - according to the company it is fully plug & PlayI I have 6 drives, that are not new - they have been in use before & no damage to my knowlege. I have been trying to access and have only gained access to 1. A Toshiba, the rest aree WD, all various sizes.

I finally got my WD 1.0TB SATA (Pulled from casing and now "naked") to at least show it's existence in Disk Manager but cannot do anything with it. I tried to initialize and got an error saying "Specified disk is not convertible because size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks"

So my first thought was to initialize as an MBR instead. Received the same error. Not sure how 1TB is too small for anything but Microsoft always knows best lol. I also tried accessing the drives using Cmd Prmt > diskpart.exe, it didn't show up there either

I don't want to ramble on, so I will wrap this up saying, I can hear the HDD disk spinning and the lights on the dock indicate it is being accessed.

So my question is, what sorcery would cause a 1TB to have no system info what so ever & how in the world do I fix this?!

Thanks for reading!

:)

texmcc, May 2, 2019

2. Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for reply. As Requested, win10 bld..10586.545, ver 1511. Run on HP Touch Smart 600. No trouble with other hard drives ( WD ). Toshiba hard drive runs on HP laptop running same win10 version. Also device not shown in device manager. When
    inserted in USB port dialogue box warning appears “ USB Device not recognised”. Hope you can help.....

Thanks again Tony

TonyWoodrye, May 2, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Toshiba Ext Hard Drive

Hi Tony,

I realize that you are facing the issue connecting the external hard drive in Windows 10, let me assist you.

To assist you better, let us know the following details.

• Which build of Windows 10 is installed in your system?
    • What is the make and model of your system?
    • Do other USB devices are getting connected to the system?

As an initial step if troubleshooting, I suggest you to try connecting the external hard drive through different USB ports and check if it is getting detected, also try connecting the same external hard drive to a different Windows 10 system.

Also, connect the external hard drive to the system and check whether the device is shown in Device Manager.

• Type Device Manager in the Search bar and press
      Enter key.
    • Click on View option and click on Show hidden devices.
    • Check whether the device is shown.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us with the updated status of the issue for further assistance on Windows. We will be glad to assist you.

Mohan B P, May 2, 2019
  4. marks1964 Win User

Ext hard drive not registering in pathfinder, driver update not working

Hi,

See if this helps.

Firstly, plug your USB Hard Drive into the USB 2.0 port and leave it connected until after ALL of the steps are completed.

The steps are:

• In the search box type DEVICE MANAGER (it's in the control panel)
    • Select DEVICE MANAGER from the list
    • Expand the PORTABLE DEVICES to reveal the sub menu listings
    • Right click on your USB Hard Drive and then select
      UPDATE DRIVER SOFTWARE
    • Select BROWSE MY COMPUTER FOR DRIVER SOFTWARE
    • Select LET ME PICK FROM A LIST OF DEVICE DRIVERS ON MY COMPUTER
    • Select the WPD FILESYSTEM VOLUME DRIVER and then select
      NEXT
    • Select CLOSE
    • Leave the USB hard drive plugged in, close all windows and restart the PC
    After you have logged back in, give your PC a chance (up to 1 minute) to load the driver and then Windows will ask you what to do with the drive when it finds it. Now check to see if the USB Hard Drive is now usable.

If everything is now working, try your USB Hard Drive in the
    USB 3.0
    port and check it again.

When viewing file explorer, look at the left side of the screen and on the list you will see
    THIS PC and if you select this, you will see all of your available drives and you should see your USB Hard Drive in the group.

Mark

marks1964, May 2, 2019
Thema:

1. WD Ext Hard drive does not register anywhere in Win10 Pro 1809 - Similar Threads - Ext Hard drive

2. how to partition ext hard drive = downloadable wizard

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to partition ext hard drive = downloadable wizard: Hello, can anyone direct me to a partition software wizard that will retain data that is already on the ext hard drive whilst adding new data to the same ext hard disc.Why isnt’ there something that acts like a ‘bookmark’ at the end of a data backup/doc/file save to ext hard...
  3. Can not open WD Smartware hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not open WD Smartware hard drive: Hi, I can not open my external WD driver on windows 10, I have looked at their homepage but I can't see any utlities for it. Anyone have a suggestion? Thank you in advance 181285
  4. Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Formatting Ext Hard Drive for System Image: I'm using Windows 10 version 1909. If I want to make a system image, can I format the external drive using NTFS, FAT32 or exFAT? Do all three formats work? 175544
  5. WD Passport External Hard Disk is not showing up anywhere on new laptops

WD Passport External Hard Disk is not showing up anywhere on new laptops: I have 4 laptops, 1 HP - Old laptop with Windows 7 1 HP - Old laptop with Windows 10 1 HP - New laptop with Windows 10 1 Lenovo X1 Carbon - New laptop with Windows 10 The old laptops are with USB 2.0 ports and the new laptops are with USB 3.0 ports. My external Hard...
  6. New WD SSD Ext offline

New WD SSD Ext offline: I have a WD SSD 500GB drive in my Acer Aspire running Win 10 Pro. Ver 1909. I have a Sabrent Ext case with a WD SSD 1TB drive in it. The machine sees it but Explorer doesn't. It shows Disk 1 I disk management as Offline and Unallocated. Msg I get is 'Offline (The disk is...
  7. fully functional WD External hard drive not recognized anywhere on windows 10

fully functional WD External hard drive not recognized anywhere on windows 10: I have a WD 1TB external hard drive that I have been using for a while. It worked perfectly fine up until it suddenly started disconnecting from windows 10. I tried plugging it in different ports and the problem persists, then suddenly it pops up in my PC and works again. It...
  8. WD Ext Hard drive does not register anywhere in Win10 Pro 1809

WD Ext Hard drive does not register anywhere in Win10 Pro 1809: WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED EVERY THING Ok so the bullet points of my situation: I just purchased a NexStar TX single bay 2.5-3.5" HDD dock - according to the company it is fully plug & PlayI I have 6 drives, that...
  9. My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive

My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive: My computer does not recognize my WD external hard drive. I've tried to go into Disk Management and I cannot find anything that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-does-not-recognize-my-wd-external-hard/aa33b279-5a52-46cb-b976-51aed92b90c1
  10. Gaining permission to WD hard drive

Gaining permission to WD hard drive: I've recently tried to get my WD my world book, external hard drive going on a new laptop. Managed to install everything and it now shows on my network on laptop. But when I try opening the folder I get an message saying "MYBOOKWORLD is not accessible. You might not have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba canvio connect 1 tb