Windows 10: WD External Drive

Discus and support WD External Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Upon initializing my external drive, i got a message "request failed due to fatal device hardware error". What are my options?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ERNIEDIZON, Sep 4, 2021.

1. WD External Drive

Upon initializing my external drive, i got a message "request failed due to fatal device hardware error". What are my options?

:)

ERNIEDIZON, Sep 4, 2021
  2. cobrasl Win User

External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

WD External Drive [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

WD External Drive [​IMG]

cobrasl, Sep 4, 2021
  3. WD Elements external drive

Hi Edward,

To assist you further, I would like to ask some questions:

• Do you get any error message?
    • How are you connecting your External Drive to your computer?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View all” on the top left pane.
    • Click on "Hardware and Devices" from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 4, 2021
  4. WD External Drive

Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the external drive is not detecting in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the WD external drive or any other devices also?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you try connecting it to any other devices and check what is the result?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2021
Thema:

WD External Drive

1. WD External Drive - Similar Threads - External Drive

2. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:: After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive eg when trying to play track via iTunes I can "see" the NAS drive on the network but get this msg if I try to play a track: "Windows cannot access \\DiskStation\Music. You do not have permission...
  3. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:: After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive eg when trying to play track via iTunes I can "see" the NAS drive on the network but get this msg if I try to play a track: "Windows cannot access \\DiskStation\Music. You do not have permission...
  4. After re-installation of Windows 10 I can no longer get to my external NAS drive:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...: 1. I have tried 2 CD drives and get the same problem2. This is an external CD drive3. This happens after 2-3 days with or without new programs and updates.4. The CD drive does not show up on the computer at all and running the device search shows nothing.5. The CD drive is...
  6. My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...

My computer fails to see an external CD drive after a few days, and I have to revert to...: 1. I have tried 2 CD drives and get the same problem2. This is an external CD drive3. This happens after 2-3 days with or without new programs and updates.4. The CD drive does not show up on the computer at all and running the device search shows nothing.5. The CD drive is...
  7. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  8. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  9. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???: When I connect the external disk drive to my computer or laptop, the external hard disk drive is still recognised but the folder I used to have to go into to access all my folders is gone. When I go to properties it shows as the space available is still the same as before...
  10. My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external hard disk drive doesnt show the folder where I go into all my files???: When I connect the external disk drive to my computer or laptop, the external hard disk drive is still recognised but the folder I used to have to go into to access all my folders is gone. When I go to properties it shows as the space available is still the same as before...