Windows 10: WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...

Discus and support WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ok so the bullet points of my situation: I just purchased a NexStar TX single bay 2.5-3.5" HDD dock - according to the company it is fully plug &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TexMcC87, May 2, 2019.

1. TexMcC87 Win User

WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...

Ok so the bullet points of my situation:

I just purchased a NexStar TX single bay 2.5-3.5" HDD dock - according to the company it is fully plug & PlayI I have 6 drives I have been trying to access and have only gained access to 1. A Toshiba, the rest aree WD, all various sizes.

I finally got my WD 1.0TB SATA (Pulled from casing and now "naked") to at least show it's existence in Disk Manager but cannot do anything with it. I tried to initialize and got an error saying "Specified disk is not convertible because size is less than the minimum size required for GPT disks"

So my first thought was to initialize as an MBR instead. Received the same error. Not sure how 1TB is too small for anything but Microsoft always knows best lol

I don't want to ramble on, so I will wrap this up saying, I can hear the HDD disk spinning and the lights on the dock indicate it is being accessed.

So my question is, what sorcery would cause a 1TB to have no system info what so ever & how in the world do I fix this?!

Thanks for reading!

:)

TexMcC87, May 2, 2019
  2. erod1017 Win User

External HDD's 'converted' to RAW on PC

I have multiple external HDD's, both WD and Seagate, that are recognizable by my PC, but list in device manager as RAW and empty. I can access all the information on the drives on my laptop just fine. I've tried to reformat the drive and it wont allow me
    to access the drive, reading "the format did not complete successfully." I've tried everything from wiping my SSD that windows was installed on and reinstalling fresh, to updating my BIOS, to uninstalling the drivers...

I cant find anything that will allow them to work on my PC.

erod1017, May 2, 2019
  3. Ken 1948 Win User
    backup cant access external hdd after creators update

after upgrading to creators update backup software is denied access to external wd hdd. I can access files on the external hdd using explorer

Ken 1948, May 2, 2019
  4. WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...

pc does not see my wd external hdd

my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port

MichaelWare4, May 2, 2019
Thema:

WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED...

1. WD External HDD's (multiple) are not accessible, saying not allocated or online. TRIED... - Similar Threads - External HDD's multiple

2. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied on external HDD: I have games and files on an external HDD with 750GB capacity. I was using it yesterday and now I try opening it and I see "access denied" before that there were corrupted files that I fixed using CMD command line chkdsk /f d: , I also did the DISM and sfc /scannow . I watch...
  3. Access denied on external HDD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access denied on external HDD: I have games and files on an external HDD with 750GB capacity. I was using it yesterday and now I try opening it and I see "access denied" before that there were corrupted files that I fixed using CMD command line chkdsk /f d: , I also did the DISM and sfc /scannow . I watch...
  4. 2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 WD External HD lost their ALLOCATION after restarting Windows 10 ??: The first one. Was used as backup without any problems until recently. It lost its ALLOCATION and after restarting, checking with your tool the data was still intact, The second one Was used for data recovery of the fist one and after restarting the same happened. What to do...
  5. access denied to external hdd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    access denied to external hdd: I have an HP desktop with a ssd for a boot drive and I have been using an external hdd as my write to drive. An update caused BSOD and I had to do a fresh install of win 10, now I get the access denied 0x80070005 code when I try to change where new content is saved. All...
  6. No access to external HDD

No access to external HDD: Just over a week ago I posted the below problem of inability to access my external HDD. I had one response from someone who asked me to send a mailshot of my Disk Management. This failed on my first attempt but was successful on the second. Despite sending him/her a...
  7. Problems accessing my external WD/HD.

Problems accessing my external WD/HD.: I have a Western Digital 1TB external HD. Windows 10 recognizes it, but only allows limited access to my files. Especially media! Then, on occasion, I receive a message denying access at all, or something is wrong with the drive or it plays some of my media and denies...
  8. WD External HDD detected but not visible in My computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD External HDD detected but not visible in My computer: Whenever I connected My old WD Element 10A8 External HDD Lights is blinking on HDD, Windows giving connected Sound, but it is not visible in My computer- Devices & driver Suddenly [ATTACH] In Disk Management, status is UNKNOWN, Not initialized , HDD storage not visible....
  9. pc does not see my wd external hdd

pc does not see my wd external hdd: my pc does not see my external wd hdd connected to usb port https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/pc-does-not-see-my-wd-external-hdd/2f5bba80-1670-49e5-b4a4-0bd741d741d3
  10. File explorer and WD external HDD

File explorer and WD external HDD: File explorer is struggling with my 2 external WD My Book 3TB HDD Problems: 1 of the drives will keep running randomly all night (and gets real hot) after PC shut down. When trying to write a batch to one of the drives explorer keeps trying to access the drive, cannot...