Windows 10: WD forcing Passwords every time i log on to outlook Office

Discus and support WD forcing Passwords every time i log on to outlook Office in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Seems latley that WD Security is bogging down opening Office 2013 Outlook, I get an dialog popup requesting Password, then 30 or so seconds I get... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Clintlgm, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Clintlgm Win User

WD forcing Passwords every time i log on to outlook Office

Seems latley that WD Security is bogging down opening Office 2013 Outlook, I get an dialog popup requesting Password, then 30 or so seconds I get another for a different email account this goes though all 10 of my email addresses every time I try to log on takin over 5 minutes
    This is happening on a new Dell 3440 Precision Win 10 Pro for workstation, and on my Notebooks Which are all on Win 10 Pro all are up to date 2004 . 19041.685
    I'm not much up on Windows Defender as I use Norton and Malwarebytes. I am aware of the Norton bug that essentially does the same thing except they come up as antispam popup and all my accounts are secure so Norton antivirus can't read through them i have that feature disabled

this new on from WD seems to have started with .685 update?
    Anyone have any Ideas maybe something I can turn off in WD settings?

:)

Clintlgm, Dec 31, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

How to set up password to start Outlook 2010?

Well in that case you can use Protect EXE to password protect the Outlook EXE itself. So you have to enter a password every time you start Outlook.

newtekie1, Dec 31, 2020
  3. While configuring outlook password windows disappears

Hi Ram2694,

Greetings, if the password windows disappears when configure your account, I suggest you try the follow steps to configure your Office 365 account in Outlook desktop client. in this way, there is no need to type in password in new pop up window.

1. Please right click on “Start” button > click
      search > type "Control Panel” in the search box.
    2. Find and click the Mail > Click
      Show Profiles.
    3. Click Add >
      type in a custom profile name > then type in your Office 365 account and password >
      Next > Finish.
    4. Start your Outlook with this new profile.

If it still doesn't work, to better help you, may I know if you configure the Office 365 account or other account type in your Outlook desktop client? Meantime, please provide your detailed Outlook version for us.

Regards,

Bryan

Bryan Cheng MSFT, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Jayzilla Win User

How to set up password to start Outlook 2010?

The PST password is only prevent others deleting the file. That's not a log on password I'm looking for. I searched around on Google didn't seem Outlook has this feature.

Merry Christmas my friend.

Jayzilla, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

1. WD forcing Passwords every time i log on to outlook Office - Similar Threads - forcing Passwords every

2. New Password Every Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Password Every Time: Dear Microsoft,Why are you the worst? You have billions of dollars, and I've been forced to use your products for most of my life now, and every single moment has been nothing but Hell. Somehow every product you make is trash, every decision you make is moronic, and every day...
  3. New Password Every Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Password Every Time: Dear Microsoft,Why are you the worst? You have billions of dollars, and I've been forced to use your products for most of my life now, and every single moment has been nothing but Hell. Somehow every product you make is trash, every decision you make is moronic, and every day...
  4. Change password required every time when i log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  5. Change password required every time when i log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change password required every time when i log in: Hi,my laptop asks me to change my user password every time i startup my laptop. When it gets to the username password screen, i type my password then it gives a message.."The user's password must be changed before signing in"It pops up the new password and confirm password...
  6. Every time I log in, this error shows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Every time I log in, this error shows: Every time I log in, this errorshows Whenever I log in I get this error showing up. after I press ok, this appears again but the second time i close it, it closes. Other than that I have a few issues with my windows defender and app installed through microsoft store....
  7. This happens every time I log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    This happens every time I log in: [IMG]what is this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-happens-every-time-i-log-in/250d28af-f914-46b0-a7fb-891f6fdbaed2
  8. Outlook asks for MS Account Password every time I startup

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook asks for MS Account Password every time I startup: I've just installed Microsoft 365 and configured Outlook with all my email accounts which is a mixture of POP and IMap and Exchange (my MS account). Every time I start the machine from cold Outlook asks me for my MS Account Password - not just once but twice - before I can...
  9. Log in every time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Log in every time: Hi, I have a windows 10 desktop. I have been able to log into my accounts without any trouble. Recently I have had to have someone call or send me a text with a password so I can log on. It gets to be a pain. These are sites I use every day, and I am the only one who uses...
  10. Windows 10 forces me to change password almost every time I sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 forces me to change password almost every time I sign in: Windows 10 is always locking me out and forcing me to change my password. This used to happen every so often; now it happens once every day or every other day. I will start to sign in, and maybe I touch the keyboard wrong or something, and before I can type in my password,...