Windows 10: WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule.

Discus and support WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Western Digital My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my schedule works fine on Manual Back up. For example I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by servechilled, Apr 24, 2020.

1. WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule.

Hi,

I have a Western Digital My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my schedule works fine on Manual Back up.

For example I have the back ups set for 3 times a week at 2:00 am

I believe that my problem could be that I have the Computer Sleep function set to sleep after 2 hours of inactivity which is around 8:00 pm

Can someone suggest a Sleep Setting that could save power and more importantly, back up my computer.

Thanks in advance,

Phil

:)

servechilled, Apr 24, 2020

2. WD My Book 2TB Shows Up In Device Manager But Doesn't Open

Good afternoon guys my name is Tamara. I'm a Mac girl so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I just purchased a 24" all in one desktop from Dell with Windows 10 for video/picture editing. Anyways, when I connected my WD My Book (that has worked flawlessly on my MacBook, and it has a bunch of videos and pictures stored) it doesn't open automatically and when I looked under File Explorer its not listed on the left side either. However when I opened Device Manager it was listed under "Disk Drives" and "WD Drive Management devices." Do you guys have any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule. [​IMG]

WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule. [​IMG]

tamaramarrero, Apr 24, 2020
  3. KB3201845 - USB connected WD My Book stopped working

I have just installed as part of the WIndows automatic updates the Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845). All appeared to go well - no hanging, no error messages and a reported "successful install" in the WIndows
    Update History log. However, two days after the install my weekly scheduled backup to a USB connected WD My Book starting running as it always has done using the WD Smartware. And so it ran, and ran, and ran, but it became obvious that no data was actually
    being written to the drive itself. The My Book was unlocked, all volumes and files were clearly visible and accessible through Windows File Manager. The device was also reported as working correctly in Device Manager so the disk itself appeared to be OK,
    but something is now interfering with the backup routine. Any suggestions as to where I should start looking or what may be worth trying?

BarryHill_755, Apr 24, 2020
  4. tamo Win User

WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule.

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Thema:

WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule.

1. WD My Book connected to my Windows 10 device that won't back up to my set schedule. - Similar Threads - Book connected device

2. WD external drive my book suddenly not show up on computer ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WD external drive my book suddenly not show up on computer ?: my computer notify when I plug in wd mybook driver but it not show up in files explorer . not show up in disk management but show up in devices manager .in device manager update driver is ok . Open detail is ok open property is ok but when open volome it notify " can not...
  3. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  4. Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live: I have a WD My Book Live network drive which basically holds all my files (docs, photos, music etc.); up until yesterday, the shares on this were mapped to 4 letters (J:, K:, L:, M;). Yesterday, the power was cut off to the electrical circuit it's on briefly. Since then, I...
  5. WD My Book World Edition (White)

WD My Book World Edition (White): After building a PC with win 10, i've not had my WD my book world edition used for a good while, decided to plug it in and install the drivers etc. Plugged it into a switch and it's not being recognised at all, even downloaded the WD cd with the drivers and the detection...
  6. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  7. Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need to automatically backup WD My CLoud to WD My Book: I have a 2TB WD My Cloud NAS and a 3 TB WD My Book USB drive. I want to back up the NAS to the USB drive automatically but the software that comes with the My Cloud won't do that. Does anyone know of a free or cheap program that will copy the contents of the NAS to the USB...
  8. WD My Book 2TB Shows Up In Device Manager But Doesn't Open

WD My Book 2TB Shows Up In Device Manager But Doesn't Open: Good afternoon guys my name is Tamara. I'm a Mac girl so forgive me if this is a dumb question. I just purchased a 24" all in one desktop from Dell with Windows 10 for video/picture editing. Anyways, when I connected my WD My Book (that has worked flawlessly on my MacBook,...
  9. WD My book not shoving up any data/partition

WD My book not shoving up any data/partition: Hi! On my external drive “My Book”, 2tb usb3 Model Number: WDC20EARX-32PASB0 (ATA) bought in 2012 Led started blinking in an anomalous manner, and it was connecting and disconnecting from pc continuosly. Supposing it may be a powersupply failure or a usb interface...
  10. computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in

computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in: I recently bought A WD MY BOOK ,but now my computer will not boot if WD MY BOOK is plugged in. What can I do? Other than the obvious 73680

Users found this page by searching for:

1. does my book live connect to the cloud