Windows 10: WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

Discus and support WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NikkVS, Feb 19, 2020.

1. NikkVS Win User

WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

I have a WD My Book Live that I have used for backing up my Windows 10 desktop and laptop. The NAS is no longer accessible in explorer, or in any of my backup software. When I attempt to open the My Book Live, a browser window opens with the drive's login page and then the drive menu, but no files, folders, or shares. It worked as recently as April 2019. How do I fix this?

:)

NikkVS, Feb 19, 2020

2. Cannot access wireless WD My Book Live after Win10 conversion

Yes, by NAS I mean the WD My Book Live as it is indeed a NAS (Network Attached Storage). WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10 :)

Do you by any chance have a smartphone/tablet with a OS which can run applications? If yes you can try downloading the WD My Cloud application and see if it detects the NAS on your network (both the NAS and the phone need to be on the same network so if the
    NAS is connected to a router you need to have your phone connected to the same router via WiFi).

If all else fails, try contacting our live support for more info. http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=2bohhs

Captain_WD, Feb 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - NAS Drive

I have recently purchased a 4 bay NAS drive. Whilst I can access the drive with the bundled software I can't see the drive as a network attached device in the Windows 10 file explorer. I have previously had a WD Mybook Live and an LG NAS running fine in
    Windows 7 & 8. Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

ninetofortytwo, Feb 19, 2020
  4. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

Restoring backup file from WD Live Book

I backed up my windows 10 computer to a WD Book Live drive. My computer died and I need to restore the back up file to the computer. When I use the Backup and Restore (windows 7) option, select the WD Book Live drive, I get the error message that no
    backup files can be found. However, I see the backup file when I open the WD Book Live drive. I am really stuck here and I need to restore my backup, can someone please help resolve this problem? Thanks

ralphmcnamara, Feb 19, 2020
Thema:

WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10

1. WD My Book Live NAS is no longer accessible in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Book Live NAS

2. WD My Book Essential unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Book Essential unresponsive: Hello,we have a 3TB WD My Book Essential with very critical data. It was working fine on windows XP and 7. I tried to move it to a new dell workstation with windows 10. It connected and showed the directory structure fine. When I tried to open a file it said it was not...
  3. Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 LAN NAS no longer accessible: After July 20 Windows 10 2004 updates, file explorer reports cannot access 3 of 5 LAN NAS. Affected NAS are 2 Netgear Readynas Duo and 1 Netgear Readynas Duo v2. Unaffected NAS are 1 Netgear Readynas 102 and 1 WD MyBookLive. Troubleshooter does not resolve. Same problem on...
  4. Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Network Credentials Access Denied to connect to WD NAS: I am using windows 10 Pro x64 Build 1903 and want to use 6TB WD NAS as Map Drive to my Desktop pc. i already did the following: 1. turned off the password protected sharing 2. uninstall anti virus 3. turned off firewall 4. i add the username and passwd in credential manager...
  5. WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed

WD Book 3TB Cannot be Accessed: Windows 10 Pro - 1909, OS Build: 18363.657 Howdy Folks, *Smile Shortly after a successful Macrium Reflect full backup [SSD Primary Image & HDD Secondary Files & Folders .mrbak] on my desktop the Book failed backing up my laptop. Disk Manager says it needs to be initialized...
  6. Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't re-connect to WD My Book Live: I have a WD My Book Live network drive which basically holds all my files (docs, photos, music etc.); up until yesterday, the shares on this were mapped to 4 letters (J:, K:, L:, M;). Yesterday, the power was cut off to the electrical circuit it's on briefly. Since then, I...
  7. WD Book not recognized by windows 10

WD Book not recognized by windows 10: I have seen that a lot of people have this problem. I just bought a new system today and all my data was backed up on my WD Book. Using the WD tools I have verified there is no problem with the Drive. It does not show up in file manager. I have tried to change drive...
  8. Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud)

Unable to access NAS (WD Mycloud): I recently acquired and installed a WD Mycloud for the purpose of backing up all my computers, including my company's notebook. I cannot get the company notebook (Win 10 Enterprise) to see the Mycloud device. It does see all the other devices on my home network. All my other...
  9. Connecting to WD My Book Live

Connecting to WD My Book Live: I can log into My Book Live, but when I go to File Explorer My Book Live doesn't appear. On a separate PC using Windows 10 it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/connecting-to-wd-my-book-live/eeaf8f94-b8fb-41ff-8718-153ca3f41d95
  10. No longer can access my Synology NAS

No longer can access my Synology NAS: I can no longer access my Synology NAS through File Explorer or assign a drive letter to it via "net use" on two of my computers. I recently removed SMBv1 from them. A third computer can see the NAS as I have not uninstalled SMB1 from that yet. Is there some workaround to get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. http://mybooklive/

2. windows 10 cannot access wd my cloud

3. mybook live